PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Dual Radiator bracket for Banchetto bench - Renders Inside

Darth_Penguin
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I drew this up in sketchup to get an idea of size. I wanted to run 2 MCR320's and thought of using the factory bracket to attach my new bracket to. I plan on having it laser cut out of 3/8" Black acrylic for a nice clean look. What do you guys think?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Rad_Bracket1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Banchetto1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Banchetto5.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Banchetto3.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Banchetto4.jpg

Boogerlad
06-20-2009, 01:17 PM
nice. It's kinda like a torture rack.

Metric
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Nice design. I'm no expert with acrylic, but it seems like the top mounted radiator would put some decent amount of stress around the middle section where you have those slots cut out.

Darth_Penguin
06-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Nice design. I'm no expert with acrylic, but it seems like the top mounted radiator would put some decent amount of stress around the middle section where you have those slots cut out.

I have had some concerns about that as well. The rectangular holes cut out are to allow me to run my DVI, USB cables without having to go around the radiators. I can probably make them shorter in width to strengthen the bracket. 3/8 acrylic is still 9.5mm thick though so I 'd like to think its still going to be pretty rigid. :shrug:

Chruschef
06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I have had some concerns about that as well. The rectangular holes cut out are to allow me to run my DVI, USB cables without having to go around the radiators. I can probably make them shorter in width to strengthen the bracket. 3/8 acrylic is still 9.5mm thick though so I 'd like to think its still going to be pretty rigid. :shrug:

if your really worried about it, any sort of support in the middle, on the fan side of the radiator, would help support against any bending tension.:up:

ben549
06-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Interesting radiator bracket; I assume the fans will be operating in a pull configuration?

Interesting you should bring this up. I recently purchased a Banchetto but was disgusted with many of it issues……..so I’m redesigning it ha ha. Watch for a work log in the liquid cooling work logs section, it will likely be named: Banchetto 201 “Classified”.

b@llz0r
06-20-2009, 09:12 PM
the edges are probably a bit thin... itll snap easily

hellcamino
06-20-2009, 11:41 PM
thought of using the factory bracket to attach my new bracket to. I plan on having it laser cut out of 3/8" Black acrylic for a nice clean look. What do you guys think?

I think you will have a really hard time with all of the cables you want to attach, mouse, keyboard, video...

Darth_Penguin
06-21-2009, 02:25 AM
I think you will have a really hard time with all of the cables you want to attach, mouse, keyboard, video...

why do you say that?

HESmelaugh
06-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Looks like a very good solution, IMO.
If you can get it to be stable, even with heavy rads on it (and I think that should be possible), this would be a great way to get a whole lot of rad on your bench. :)

Darth_Penguin
06-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Looks like a very good solution, IMO.
If you can get it to be stable, even with heavy rads on it (and I think that should be possible), this would be a great way to get a whole lot of rad on your bench. :)

Thanks. I am going to work on strengthening it a little and then send it off to be cut this week.

Sabre2
06-21-2009, 07:00 AM
I bought a Benchetto as well and wasn't very happy with it. I contacted Gary at sidewinder and didn't get a response back, i really wanted to return it. The bracket does not fit a PA120.3 like i thought it would. Only half of them go. I'd like to create a new bracket for a single radiator 120.3 but at this rate i don't see myself doing anything but maybe buying a radiator i know fits it perfectly.

I decided to sell some of the things I have and put my watercooling away for a while till i can figure out a great solution. I'd have bought a classified board from EVGA except that the benchetto doesnt have an extended atx tray. Well, thats all for now. Maybe ill try sketchup and see if I can figure out a working solution for my needs. I did think about just redoing all the plexy on the banchetto into an extended ATX format but i'd need a few more posts on the tray to do this.

Blizzy
06-21-2009, 07:17 AM
The rads would be right behind de I/O panel ?

Conumdrum
06-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Here is a link to how I did a dual 120x3 rad setup on the Banchetto. I have room for my I/O, video connectors etc.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=604016

I did cut that bottom piece of aluminum off the back panel, it's too flimsy to hold any weight. Put both pumps on a thin piece of wood in place of the piece I cut out. It's plenty sturdy.

hellcamino
06-21-2009, 10:27 AM
why do you say that?

Because you would have two big frikking radiators right where all the cables are supposed to go? Unless you don't mind horsing your cables in there and damaging the inner side of your radiators I alter your plans.

Darth_Penguin
06-21-2009, 12:26 PM
I think you guys are missing the point of the 2 cut cutouts between the rads. They are there to allow me to pass through the wires to the back of the mobo.

heres 2 more pics that hopefully give you a better idea.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Banchetto11.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/Aposto83/Computers/Banchetto12.jpg

hotdun
06-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Here is a link to how I did a dual 120x3 rad setup on the Banchetto.

Really nice, might have to try this setup.

I think you guys are missing the point of the 2 cut cutouts between the rads.]

That's a great design, I want one....

Conumdrum
06-21-2009, 04:05 PM
There is enough room for a DVI GPU connector to fit, granted the wire will need a quick 90 deg turn, but not a terrible bend by any means. They did leave enuff room between the mobo and where a raised rad will work. 2 3/4" or 7 cm, 1" from the back of a DVI GPU connector to the back of the rad, leaving 1" for the cable to bend. There is room. I could take a pic if you really need it.

And leaving nekkid rad fins exposed to any human screwup is bad. They sell cheapo wire fan covers that block no airflow.

Darth_Penguin
06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
There is enough room for a DVI GPU connector to fit, granted the wire will need a quick 90 deg turn, but not a terrible bend by any means. They did leave enuff room between the mobo and where a raised rad will work. 2 3/4" or 7 cm, 1" from the back of a DVI GPU connector to the back of the rad, leaving 1" for the cable to bend. There is room. I could take a pic if you really need it.

And leaving nekkid rad fins exposed to any human screwup is bad. They sell cheapo wire fan covers that block no airflow.

Yea there is plenty of room to bend the wires up. The rad fans will have grills, I just didnt feel like rendering them for the pictures because it was unnecessary work. Im going to finish it up and make sure all the measurements are right and I will be emailing it to the shop tomorrow. Hopefully I will get it by the end of the week. :up:

Conumdrum
06-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Cool! Pics please. Umm and pricing? Sounds pretty awesome. And the cheapo fan covers were NOT directed at you, generaly for future new WC folks.

I really like my Banchetto. Never was a bling person, never move my PC, can't even see it from my chair. It works, holds two rads, easy to work on, no panels. All is good.

Darth_Penguin
06-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Cool! Pics please. Umm and pricing? Sounds pretty awesome. And the cheapo fan covers were NOT directed at you, generaly for future new WC folks.

I really like my Banchetto. Never was a bling person, never move my PC, can't even see it from my chair. It works, holds two rads, easy to work on, no panels. All is good.

Agreed, its not perfect but I have enjoyed it above every case owned to date. I just got in my 4890 and it took 2 minutes start to finish to pull out my 2 8800GTX's and install the 4890, all without ever getting out of my computer chair :D

ILikeCosmosS
06-21-2009, 05:44 PM
now i want the banchetto bench more then my cosmos s

looks good, hopefully there are different configurations