PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters

Chris_redfield
06-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I got this today on the PS3.

I think its been out everywhere else in the world for a while, but it launched in the UK today (and as far as I can make out only on the PS3.)

Was just wondering what other peoples thoughts on it were. I have found it a bit buggy on one or two of the levels, and the textures are really low resolution, so while there is quite a bit of detail on models (especially the proton pack,) the graphics still aren't that great.

The character models are great though and it does feel great to play alongside my childhood heroes. The physics are also quite impressive, as is the amount of interaction with the environments. Pretty much everything can be blown up, tossed around or at least scorched.

The knockdown mechanic is OK and is in keeping with Ghostbusters. After all, although the films were about people coming back from the dead they were hardly very gory. So having you character sprawled out on the floor covered in ectoplasm whilst waiting for a team mate to pick them up is in keeping with the tones of the films.

In fact most of what they have done has managed to keep pretty close to the original film. In fact the Ghostbusters game should definately be used as a yard stick for the movie tie ins of the future as they have stuck so closely to the source material.

My only problem is that zapping, capping and then trapping ghosts can and does become very tedious. Especially as the puzzles so far haven't seemed any more complex than use your gadgets to find the item that will help you progress to the next area.

Still its a decent enough game and am interested in getting some co-op action on the go to see what its like playing with friends.

moiraesfate
06-19-2009, 05:07 PM
It looked interesting but I haven't played it yet. Not sure if I will or not. Probably not. Thanks for the review. I was wondering.

BeroVK
06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I play it on Xbox 360 and it is very funny game :)

DdotRoq
07-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I play it on PC. This game looks AMAZING in 3D!!!!

trekie86
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I've heard good and bad. Supposidly the Wii AI is terrible but I haven't seen any proof besides a comment to back this. I loved Ghostbusters as a kid so will probably pick this up eventually.