View Full Version : Prototype

SoulsCollective
06-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Anyone played it?

Any good?

Worth buying?

Arkangyl
06-15-2009, 06:38 AM
A few of my friends have played it, said it was really, really good. Can't say I've tried it firsthand though.

One_Hertz
06-15-2009, 06:41 AM
I've put a few hours into it. It's like a really fun GTA. VERY consolish though.

TheKarmakazi
06-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Will be trying it this evening :up: Im excited it looks really cool, but also looks like it has potential to get boring..

GunterFalstaff
06-15-2009, 07:27 AM
ive been playing this game nonstop for the past few days... i cant get bored of it =P. i like to pick fights with the military/police and wait for them to call in strike teams on me. as long as you are constantly killing people you rack up so many points that you can constantly buy upgrades and new attack/fighting forms... it cant get old, soooo many ways to kill a man :D.

GunterFalstaff
06-15-2009, 07:33 AM
i didnt buy it but i will... i pirate to test/demo and if i believe the developers deserve the purchase, i buy the game.

Zigosity
06-15-2009, 08:09 AM
It's a lot of fun and pretty challenging at some points, but I'm finding that it gets a slight bit repetitive at times. Also, free roaming isn't nearly as fun as it is in GTA, since there's not much you can do besides kill people and do little side-mission things, and once you've been slicing people in half for an hour, it does get sort of boring =P.

-Zigosity

Scubar
06-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Was really looking forward to it , really let down, gameplay is dull and repetative. Not worth it if you ask me.

SoulsCollective
06-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Hmmm...Ars pans it in favour of inFamous, which I was also looking forward to.

BobyTT
06-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Retarded game, nobody can kill you no matter what.

Coldon
06-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Dude, I died quite a bit on the later stages, what difficulty were you playing on? When there are like 4 super soldiers, 3 tanks and like 6 choppers on you, you WILL die...

i loved it, found it way more interesting than gta4, the side missions have way more variation than GTA, the challenges are quite difficult too... oh and the boss fights are epic...

The storyline is also pretty cool, especially the whole gaining memories thing, plus come on, the character is probably the most bad ass video game character EVER!

One_Hertz
06-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Retarded game, nobody can kill you no matter what.

Yeah, it is a bit too simple once you figure out that throwing :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: does an absurd amount of damage.

Lestat
06-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, it is a bit too simple once you figure out that throwing :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: does an absurd amount of damage.

you get hit by a car and see if you dont die....

and you WILL die in the game, repeatedly and long before the big tanks and copters and super soldiers, if you forget that you can just drain people and replenish your strength,, you will die.

just wait til you fight Mother... dont anyone even try to tell me that was easy,,, i have died more times with her than i ever have throughout the entire game.

but i dont have the PC version, just the 360 version... same thing though.
i love the game, haven't been able to stop playing it.
this is the 1st game in quite a long time that has me wanting to play games again.

Darakian
06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Meh graphics, terrible story, cardboard thin characters, and a smaller than advertised world. But the game kicks absurd amounts of ass :D
It's a one trick pnony of a game, but god damn that trick is GOOD! On a side note I have the 360 version.

zanzabar
06-15-2009, 03:45 PM

and you WILL die in the game, repeatedly and long before the big tanks and copters and super soldiers, if you forget that you can just drain people and replenish your strength,, you will die.

just wait til you fight Mother... dont anyone even try to tell me that was easy,,, i have died more times with her than i ever have throughout the entire game.

this is the 1st game in quite a long time that has me wanting to play games again.

yah that fight is retarded i died like 30 times and then realized it was 4am so i had to go to bed. the rest of the game is really easy but then that fight is ridiculous.

and with normal running around and before that u just need the whip and u get so much range that nothing can get near u, and u can grab and fly to large thins so u can jack helicopters like nothing from huge distances

iTravis
06-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Another great sandbox game, very addicting at first but then it's getting a bit boring since it's repetitive and so are the side missions, just pointless and don't have anything related to the main story at all. You just need to beat 'em all in order to gain EP to upgrade all your skills. The game is quiet short if you ignore the side missions but it's acceptable, and there's no point of replaying the game once you beat it.
The game is easy at first but it's getting harder later on like someone said when you encounter with a bunch of super soliders, helicopters and tanks. I would give this game a 8/10 due to its representation and in term of gameplay, graphics. And for those who can get the PC version will enjoy a slightly better graphics compare to consoles counterparts.
So I would say if you like GTA with DMC style then go for it. :up:
@Lestat: You mean when you fight Elizabeth Greene? I think it's quiet easy since I only died twice, my strategy is just go around the corner to get some health till I can activate Critical Mass them climb on top of the buildings and jump straight into the boss with a Devastator attack, its HP will drain really quick.

Gator!
06-15-2009, 04:49 PM
well im going to be a bad kid and torrent it first to see if i like it...then i will buy....sounds good so far tho...and im a big GTA Fan

ChaosMinionX
06-15-2009, 05:03 PM

Mother was very easy* (highlight the other asterisk to see, I didnt put to save spoilers).... the whole game was actually pretty easy, the hardest time I had was with supreme hunter on the carrier.

*Hide behind buildings, kill a couple Hunters when they came, consume people till critical mass fills.... climb up building glide and quick boost to mothers side, use the normal devastator attack (all the tendrils) as many times as possible before its out.... rinse and repeat that until mothers arms and legs break then beat the hell out of her with blade arm, rinse and repeat.

NaeKuh
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM

dude she was bs...

Its hard as hell to get close to her, and all your range attacks do like crap damage to her.

You dont have enough time to hold down a button so it does more damage.. basically your dodging her green missles and AOE attack. :\

And you can die in the game. As someone said, super soliders and also Hunter Leaders will Tear you a new one.

The game is a mesh between grand theift auto meets Assassin's creed meets mirror edge.

You can play the game any way you like, you can be the hulk and run down Manhattan and mow down cars, or you can be super stealthy and play it that way. The city is hugh, i seriously give the developers props on the city.

Chaos what difficulty u play it at??? im sorry but the moment your in the air you get owned by her green missles.

The only drawback i see is no coop. This game would be nicer if u cause havok in the city with some buddies.

ChaosMinionX
06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Played through normal... then I did hard. Took somewhere in the realm of 35hours to do both modes.

Dodging the green stuff is easy if you have all your movement stuff maxed out. And you dont have to get that close to her to do the strat I said.

I have it on PC if that makes any difference, I also had my all Movement/Survivability/Combat stuff maxxed out so alot of the time I was bioarmor+divebombing through all of Mothers attacks, you move way faster than anything she does.

shaolin95
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
I am hooked with that game...I dont even do much just hand around running up building with a poor military guy and then throwing them down....so much fun!
Graphics are ok but pale in comparison to real PC stuff.... they are not bad enough to bother me...at least not too often. :-)