PDA

View Full Version : BigNg help

ILikeCosmosS
06-13-2009, 12:25 PM
As looked more in depth to the software and what i am going to running

i am going to use ap15 GT fans which are only 1 watt power consumption or close to that

my mini ng will have 1 d5 non vario and 3 fans on the other channel , but i thinking i am going to overload the mini NG

the bigNG will also have 1 d5 non vario and 9 fans on 3 fan channels each, i am not to worried about the overloading issue

as read on mcubed website i need to use the sensor hub to connect both together (miniNG and bigNG) is this true?

since each channel is 20 watts and the d5 are 24 watts putting them on one controller would not be good
also do i need the sensor hub to have the emergency shut off option?
The software looks fine but i am not sure if i can use the d5 (flow sensor) to shut off the pc if the flow decreases to much

0xdeadbeef
06-13-2009, 03:02 PM
as read on mcubed website i need to use the sensor hub to connect both together (miniNG and bigNG) is this true?

No, that's absolutely not true.

also do i need the sensor hub to have the emergency shut off option?

Yes, you need the sensor hub in order to get the emergency switch-off functionality. But you also get 6 more analogue sensors and, more importantly, 2 flowmeters for your pumps.

ILikeCosmosS
06-13-2009, 05:24 PM
so if temps go too high the system wont shut off?

and i am not going to use flow meters because they are waste of money when i am getting d5 non varios that tach sensor

so will i be able to run the pumps at full speed?

No1451
06-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Not based on the readings from the bigNG no, it only gets that functionality with the SensorHub.

You should be fine with the D5 on there, iirc it's set at 4, while my D5 vario is on 5 and the bigNG is running it just fine. Just make sure you get airflow.

ILikeCosmosS
06-13-2009, 06:05 PM
o it will be in its own area sandwiched between rads
i guess ill get a sensor hub then

0xdeadbeef
06-14-2009, 02:58 AM
and i am not going to use flow meters because they are waste of money when i am getting d5 non varios that tach sensor

Are you using the basic D5 with no speed controller but with impeller RPM monitoring capability? If you are, connect the 3-pin RPM cable from the pump to the flowmeters in the sensor hub. Then you can read the pump from the bigNG programs and control the RPM and so on. And of course switch-off the system if the pumps dies.

ILikeCosmosS
06-14-2009, 04:41 AM
so then i wouldnt need to have a miniNG to power the pumps and read rpms? Also is the basic D5 = D5 vario ? Could also undervolt the pump if i used the miniNG?
my goal was to not go over 150 dollars on bigNG and etc.. (the kaze master will be seperate)

No1451
06-14-2009, 05:53 AM
The SensorHub can't power a pump, you need the bigNG or a miniNG or a FanAmp for that. As for the RPM wire on the pump, that ideally should connect to the same fan channel that the pump is on, if you want shutdown on flow, split the wire and have it travel to the SensorHub as well.

The reason for this is that while I was testing with mine: a fan channel seems to get 0 power if it doesn't have any RPM feedback. To get around this(vario has no rpm wire) I duped the RPM header from another fan, you can just use the provided tach wire. Onto my other question: why get a Kaze Master if you have a bigNG? It's got 4 channels, and even if 2 are eaten up by the 2 pumps you can still power a lot of fans since each channel can accommodate a large number of fans. So long as you have air flowing over your bigNG you should be fine for temps, but to be sure, just run a temp wire onto your heatsink and keep a watch on it for a few days to be sure.

0xdeadbeef
06-14-2009, 06:17 AM
The SensorHub can't power a pump, you need the bigNG or a miniNG or a FanAmp for that. As for the RPM wire on the pump, that ideally should connect to the same fan channel that the pump is on, if you want shutdown on flow, split the wire and have it travel to the SensorHub as well.

The reason for this is that while I was testing with mine: a fan channel seems to get 0 power if it doesn't have any RPM feedback. To get around this(vario has no rpm wire) I duped the RPM header from another fan, you can just use the provided tach wire.

I don't know about running pumps from bigNG (I use it for my radiator fans) but if you draw power from a miniNG you can safely connect the RPM wire to the flowmeter in the Sensor Hub. You don't need the RPM signal in the 12V channel. I was running 2 DDCs like this for years without problem. Today I get power directly from the PSU and have the RPM wires in the flowmeters for switch-off capability.

ILikeCosmosS
06-14-2009, 08:08 AM
my 4 fan channels are

1: 3 fans push on 360 rad
2: 3 fans pull on 360 rad (when temps get to high they get kicked on)
3: 3 fans push on 240+120 rad
4: 3 fans pull on 240+120 (when temps get to high these are kicked on

my kaze master will be for my ocz memory and case fans

Should i also get a lcd i was thinking of getting the alphacool double bay lcd

I havent bought my system yet but i was trying to find out how to put a rpm wire on a d5vario
Cant i just connect the rpm wire to the sensor hub and have the red/black wires to the miniNG?

0xdeadbeef
06-14-2009, 11:55 AM
my 4 fan channels are

1: 3 fans push on 360 rad
2: 3 fans pull on 360 rad (when temps get to high they get kicked on)
3: 3 fans push on 240+120 rad
4: 3 fans pull on 240+120 (when temps get to high these are kicked on

my kaze master will be for my ocz memory and case fans

This looks good. If you have only one pump in your system that you're planning to connect to miniNG, you still have a second 12V channel on your miniNG that you can use for your case fans. If you do that you can control all fans (case and radiators) with the same program. And maybe you can skip the Kaze Master all together.

I havent bought my system yet but i was trying to find out how to put a rpm wire on a d5vario
Cant i just connect the rpm wire to the sensor hub and have the red/black wires to the miniNG?

Yes, that's what I did with 2 pumps: power and control through miniNG and switch-off capability with Sensor Hub. Power and ground goes to the 12V channel on miniNG and the RPM wire to the flowmeters on the Sensor Hub.

No1451
06-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Maybe I had a weird issue but when I tried powering the pump from my bigNG it only was delivering power if there was an RPM signal on the channel, might be isolated but I am not sure.

That being said, you can collapse all your fans onto 2 channels can't you? I don't see the use in having push/pull controlled independently from each other but if that's your preference than you are going to pay more for it as the pumps will have to go on a separate unit.

As for the LCD, that is entirely preference for you, I pipe my values direct from the t-ban software and monitor it with Samurize(lets me get a calculation for my delta, etc).

ILikeCosmosS
06-14-2009, 02:58 PM
i dont want to be going blind if i have to check the temperatures etc.. on the moniter its easier to use the lcd display

the point with the push pull was that, channel 1 & 3 will always be on and when temps start getting to high channels 2 or 3 will start up at certain volts and will increase slowly until all channels are at 12v

as for the pumps i am guessing i will need to have the pump connected to use the emergency pc shut off
i mean cosmos s will have 2 fans in the front 1 in the back, the ocz memory cooler fans can just easily get put on the mobo but they probably will run at 12volt
3 case fans + maybe 2 60mm
the d5 takes 24 watts and the channels are rated 20 watts per and the max load the mini ng takes is 40 watts so i would put 1 on the bigNG and the other on the miniNG with the still leaving my with 4 channels capable of close to max load(since gentle typhoons dont take much power that wont be an issue)

D5 vario = can i get a rpm wire on it?
so if you have different idea to include the case fans on the fan channel then i would like to know

No1451
06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Were I you I would just wire in all the push/pulls together honestly, that way you can run them lower initially and still achieve low temps. This would also save some cash as you don't need an additional unit to power your other fans.

Just my $0.02, but if you intend to go balls out it is going to cost since you will need a miniNG or something.

Edit: For the vario, I haven't found anything I would trust that explicitly shows how to connect a tach wire. For the non-vario, you won't need 24watt of power since it SHOULD be setting 4(setting 5 is max on vario) and your power consumption will likely be less.

ILikeCosmosS
06-14-2009, 05:50 PM
alright ill take that into consideration

so even if i do have 6 fans on 2 channels being powered push and pull
the other channels will have the 2 pumps and what about case fans?

No1451
06-14-2009, 06:20 PM
miniNG would be my answer, not very expensive and lets you interface straight with the rest of your temps/etc. This could let you place a thermal probe in between dimms or on the inside of a ram sink and ramp up those fans based on the temps received.

0xdeadbeef
06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Edit: For the vario, I haven't found anything I would trust that explicitly shows how to connect a tach wire. For the non-vario, you won't need 24watt of power since it SHOULD be setting 4(setting 5 is max on vario) and your power consumption will likely be less.

I think so too but everywhere I look the non-vario model is specified as 24W as well. I would consider using 2 channels, connected with a Y-cable, for the pump just to be sure.

No1451
06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Well I know that one channel seems to deliver enough power for setting 5 on my vario, but it gets a lot warmer while doing this so airflow is a must.

kinzaru
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Remember, the bigNG has a per channel limit of 20W (and a total limit of 20W). I know most pumps operate around that range (give or take 5W) so I would check to see what your pump pulls and DEFINITELY put it on its own channel if you can even supply the power needed.

ILikeCosmosS
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
well as said before the bigNG will be sandwiched between the rads 120+240 and cold air from the front so it wont be to much of a issue

so if i get 6 fans per channel (for rads) and then 2 for pumps i still have 2 fan channels left for case fans 1 can be for the memory fans and the rear and the other can be for the front fans depending on the bigNG temp

0xdeadbeef
06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Remember, the bigNG has a per channel limit of 20W (and a total limit of 20W). I know most pumps operate around that range (give or take 5W) so I would check to see what your pump pulls and DEFINITELY put it on its own channel if you can even supply the power needed.

You're right, there is a 20W max power on the bigNG. It that case minNG is a better choice for a D5: the 2 channels combined together delivers 25W of power according to specifications.

ILikeCosmosS
06-15-2009, 04:48 PM
well you could have 1 pump on miniNG and the other on the bigNG and wont overload it

but you can run up to 40 watts on each channel correct (miniNG) since each channel is rated 20 watts

Snyxxx
06-15-2009, 05:01 PM
run up to 40 watts on each channel correct (miniNG) since each channel is rated 20 watts

Wrong. I have been watching this thread waiting for you to do some basic research. I like to help, but there are numerous threads here at XS as well as at the Mcubed website that tells you about the load per channel and combined load. Please do some basic homework. Believe me, this has been beat to death before.

How about web site first: Cannot run pumps on PWM. Total power = 20W

http://www.t-balancer.com/english/produkt_tban_bigng.htm

Specifications:
dimensions: 88x88x16mm
weight: 150g
max. current: 7A
max. power: 80W (PWM)/20W (analogue)
power per channel: 40W (PWM)/20W (analogue)

OK, how about minNG web site:

http://www.t-balancer.com/english/

# 50W per channel with PWM, combined 100W
# 20W per channel with analogue, combined 25W

sanhacker
06-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah. This has been covered several years ago.
I remember Snyxxx and I beating it to death.
I'm running two DDC-2 (18w) pumps on a miniNG.
Been doing so for about two years now with no problems.
Low temps and slow fan speeds have been the reward.

Matter of fact, I don't even run the T-Ban software on my current operating system and the BigNG just remembers the parameters from the last OS.

I can hear the fans speed up as temps increase.