PDA

View Full Version : Dtek Fuzionv2 quad insert orientation

justjeff
06-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Went shopping for upgrades and am putting everything together.

I've got my Fuzionv2 apart and ready to reassemble, but I'm not sure what direction I should have the split on the insert facing. Do I want the oval openings under the intake running north-south or east-west? Or doesn't it matter at all??

NaeKuh
06-13-2009, 10:47 AM
if its for your yorkfield, Q8400. dont use the injector.

That injector was meant for a kentsfield. Q6600 class.

justjeff
06-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Very interesting. It is for my Q8400. The Dtek site doesn't have anything about it being for specific quads series. Vapor's sticky does have a Q6700 as the guinea pig.

Has anyone done any testing on yorkfield cpus? I thought I had figured out on my own that the injector ovals would run east-west. Looking on the bottom of my Q8400 there are mysterious doodads (mysterious because I don't know their specific purpose) also oriented east-west.

Vapor
06-13-2009, 12:11 PM
The red nozzle or the black insert? The black insert I could never get to perform better than stock in any direction (and why it's not in the sticky, I was wondering if it was user error or the product, I've since determined it's the product)....if you're using the red nozzle, align the midline so that it's parallel to the lever.

justjeff
06-13-2009, 01:46 PM
The red nozzle or the black insert? The black insert I could never get to perform better than stock in any direction (and why it's not in the sticky, I was wondering if it was user error or the product, I've since determined it's the product)....if you're using the red nozzle, align the midline so that it's parallel to the lever.

I've got the black insert, didn't see a red insert for sale. It looks like I need to do a little reading on the topic. I was ordering new tubing and reservoir, the insert was just kind of an impulse buy.

I'm not going to use the insert till I learn more.

Navanod
06-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh boy, I have that insert in my block now (black). Its for Q9450...should I go through the pains of removing it?