PDA

View Full Version : NEW Koolance Ram-33 Blocks

faster3200
06-12-2009, 07:18 PM
HERE (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=860)

The full metal Koolance RAM-33 joins the RAM-35 in being the most efficient liquid cooled memory products available. Koolance's (patent-pending) memory coolers physically run liquid along both sides of every DDR3, DDR2, DDR, FB-DIMM, or SD DIMM. This occurs all the way down to the bottom of every chip!

Competing products offer only partial coverage at best. Usually, liquid is simply run above two RAM heat sinks which extend in between banks, and most of these are not available in single slot solutions. Koolance memory products get liquid directly over every module.

The RAM-33 is fully expandable-- water cool 1, 2, or even 16+ consecutive DIMM slots using any manner of tubing configuration. G 1/4 threaded nozzles are provided directly above each block. Following the RAM-35, the RAM-33 includes many other innovations, from its staggered design which allows for contiguous slot cooling, to a convenient spring-hook style mounting method. Thermal interface material is included.

Very interesting. They seem like the best design of existing mem coolers to me. Discuss.

CedricFP
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Apart from the fact that memory doesn't benefit hugely from water cooling vs active air (ie quiet fan over slots)?

It certainly is a nice way to bling up a pc. I love the reflective finish.

Fragger
06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
They appear to be made from stainless steel, why not copper?

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Stainless is stronger = thinner blocks that dont dent when you press on them a little. they look nice, would be good if koolance released some fittings to connect between some of the ports. 180 degree arced fittings ;)

hellcamino
06-12-2009, 07:40 PM
No point that I can see in water cooling DDR2 or DDR3, it just doesn't run that hot and a small fan is more than adequate. Liquid cooled ram looks neat I suppose so I guess if you are trying to outgeek someone it would make a nice addition!

MpG
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
You might... MIGHT be able to benefit if you're running FB-Dimms, but you'd also have to sit back and ask yourself whether you should be watercooling an application that needs those sticks in the first place.

Honestly, there are some really sweet heatspreaders appearing on some sticks these days. This sort of thing just isn't as necessary these days.

CedricFP
06-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Stainless is stronger = thinner blocks that dont dent when you press on them a little. they look nice, would be good if koolance released some fittings to connect between some of the ports. 180 degree arced fittings ;)
I would like to see u-shaped fittings that connect one to another - it would give the ram blocks the same look as the cores in phase change.

dr-
06-13-2009, 01:27 AM

an arched fitting that close together would definitely kill lots of flow, no?

if you are here Dean, any idea on the ID of these things? any more details on this product?

MpG
06-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Even better would be splitter attachments for each end. Reduce the restriction of two blocks combined, and it's doubtful the memory would suffer much from halving the flowrate.

Snyxxx
06-13-2009, 04:31 AM
Does the water really run through the metal housing part or is it using the foil bags as on the older design? I wish they had a close-up picture within the gap.

MomijiTMO
06-13-2009, 04:38 AM
Blah blah blah, not interested and I think there are nicer ones out there.

BringerOdeath
06-13-2009, 05:04 AM
They look pretty cool to me!! I do worry about how it will impact flow though....

Darth_Penguin
06-13-2009, 06:26 AM
They do look pretty nice looking. without some slick fittings I dont know how you would make the lines coming off them clean though?