PDA

View Full Version : Is it aestethic faux pas to mix different block brands???

Darth_Penguin
06-10-2009, 06:18 AM
I am just finishing up my build and currently have a HK 3.0 block for my i7 and a Koolance block for my p6t6 revolution mobo. I am going with a 4890 video card and LOVE the look of the EK acrylic/nickel block. I dont know if this is going to look good though considering the other 2 blocks are totally different.

Life is so difficult sometimes :p:

dsumanik
06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Hell no,

You are designing a custom solution...go to town man buy what you want, have fun!!!

As long as you don't start mixing metals...keep it all copper...it's all good.

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-10-2009, 07:39 AM
The beauty of nickel and delrin is that is goes with almost everything :up:

3Z3VH
06-10-2009, 07:45 AM
As long as you aren't mixing delrin blocks with acrylic blocks... That just ends up looking like you are throwing together spare parts (this, of course, does not apply if you use a GTX295 block).

Just go for a cohesive look, no one really looks at the brand name when considering aesthetics, unless you are talking about fashion, and I still maintain that the fashion industry has lost sight of their originally intended purpose. They are all about names now, rather than good looking clothes, as you can see by any runway show nowadays.

dsumanik
06-10-2009, 07:51 AM
As long as you aren't mixing delrin blocks with acrylic blocks... That just ends up looking like you are throwing together spare parts (this, of course, does not apply if you use a GTX295 block).

Just go for a cohesive look, no one really looks at the brand name when considering aesthetics, unless you are talking about fashion, and I still maintain that the fashion industry has lost sight of their originally intended purpose. They are all about names now, rather than good looking clothes, as you can see by any runway show nowadays.

whats with your wankel engine avatar, to you drive an rx-7 or something?

3Z3VH
06-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Several of them, actually ;)

Darth_Penguin
06-10-2009, 08:10 AM
The beauty of nickel and delrin is that is goes with almost everything :up:

That's what I was thinking. I think I may just end up nickel plating my HK 3.0 and then it will match the koolance block and the nickel/acrylic 4890 block. thanks guys, you are all real pals!:clap:

turtletrax
06-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Several of them, actually ;)

That is an awesome answer ;)

RoadconeTuning
06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Just dont try to peripheral port your pump top and you'll be good :)

from what ive seen people mix and match and it doesnt matter, I'm gonna have Bitspower MOSFET blocks, Swiftech GTZ and ViperJohn780i block on my build and i think its going to look ok... just try to keep it all in one "theme" if you want it to look good... if you cant see the inside tho then who cares... mix and match all you want :)