PDA

View Full Version : 12th on RV770's Cross Fire

cadupradoo
06-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, I know it's not the best result, but since I'm having problems with temperatures, and seems that I don't have the greatest chip, that's how far i could get till now, on air:

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=862527

My WC will be done in about 2~3 weeks, hope to improve that. It is a mild OC, and I hope to get on top ten still on air...

[XC] gomeler
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Nearly 30k on air is nothing to be ashamed about :up:

cadupradoo
06-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks gomeler..

When I got the third RV770 I was hoping to get 30k.. then my 920 C0 was blocking it way too much. Plus, the powercolor card sucked. Couldn't over clock neither under clock it.. So i got a D0 and a sapphire.. But still 30k seems too much for the cpu I have here.. will try now to set more volts on gpus and oc that a lot :D

With WC I might be able to get to 30k, since my D0 requires lots of voltage and things here are way hot :P

SNiiPE_DoGG
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Air conditioning is the key

cadupradoo
06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah.. I'll try with some conditioned air here.. And then I'll probably be the guy that spends most electricity in my city :rofl:

And things (and chicks) are hot here in Rio.. :P

[XC] gomeler
06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Just watercool and put ice cubes on the radiator. This could get you the extra cooling you need to break 30k, you are really close.

loonym
06-09-2009, 11:04 PM
That's a nice air run. I think with even a little bit cooler ambients and a little more volts you're at 30k easy. My D0s need volts like that too but I think it's due to temps. It's kind of a crude brute force ordeal. :D

NBF
06-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Very nice run!
AC unit and WC will help you to 30k :D

You have to hurry up to take advantage of the somewhat mild temperatures we are having lately in Rio. :rofl:

cadupradoo
06-10-2009, 11:57 AM
gomeler;3839737']Just watercool and put ice cubes on the radiator. This could get you the extra cooling you need to break 30k, you are really close.

Dont know about the ice cubes yet, but I'm just waiting for performance-pcs to send my blocks.. ;)

That's a nice air run. I think with even a little bit cooler ambients and a little more volts you're at 30k easy. My D0s need volts like that too but I think it's due to temps. It's kind of a crude brute force ordeal. :D

Thanks, unfortunately, that's the lowest ambient temperature we had for a looong time, don't know if it will wait for the WC :shrug:

Very nice run!
AC unit and WC will help you to 30k :D

You have to hurry up to take advantage of the somewhat mild temperatures we are having lately in Rio. :rofl:

Haha, that's true.. It had been a while since the last time I got these low temperatures..

Hope the D0 scales way better on water, and will try to achieve 30k with a little more agressive OC on the video cards...

Anyway, top ten is really close, all I need is a little over 29,2k...