PDA

View Full Version : w90 overclocking

SavageThrash
06-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Im currently holding an easily stable 3.0 on stock voltages but i want more with my w90 and qx9300. Im hoping for a vcore moddable bios sometime in the future from Asus but until then i need to find other ways to get the voltage bump i need.

What are common ways of getting that vbump without a proper bios? (despite knowing the one i want does exist) I would like to stay away from a hardmod at this point but im afraid that might be my only other option here.

I feel cheated being stuck at the 3ghz range despite holding what looks to be the record for a mobile gpu score in vantage. So anyone have any ideas or any fellow owners here that have found a way to get that cpu the voltage it needs and deserves? After all Intel advertises themselves this cpu running at 3.6ghz and for now that's my goal stable :)

Just looking to pool ideas at this point so i can give them a try, let me know what you guys come up with :)

In hind sight i think ill move this to the overclocking section. Hmm no delete thread button, mod care to move it for me i dont want to start 2 identical threads.

Doomeous
06-16-2009, 11:31 AM
ive already tried several cpu's in my W90.. Came with the Q9000 (overclocked to 2.8ghz).. then an X9000 and it clocked to 3.7ghz, actually got a 17.4k 3dmark score at 3.9 though.. now I have an X9100 in it and it is only stable at 3.6ghz. If we could only get someone to mod or unhide a bios for us, it would be bliss!

ichime
07-04-2009, 05:22 PM
ive already tried several cpu's in my W90.. Came with the Q9000 (overclocked to 2.8ghz).. then an X9000 and it clocked to 3.7ghz, actually got a 17.4k 3dmark score at 3.9 though.. now I have an X9100 in it and it is only stable at 3.6ghz. If we could only get someone to mod or unhide a bios for us, it would be bliss!

It could be the RAM limiting it (inability to change the FSB:DRAM ratio), or it could be relatively low voltage being supplied to the CPU. But Kinc knows the real answer, ask him.