PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting a 360

Russian
06-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I gave up on my original Xbox years ago after i went for PC gaming and this month im probably going to go get an xbox elite. :D

Russian
10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Well, i did get it. The Elite was a great purchase at 250.

zanzabar
10-13-2009, 12:39 AM
did u get the one with no hdmi cable, if so u should get the latest jungle flasher and get your linux and "backups on", it just needs a sata cable to flash the dvd drive

were did u get it for 250

shaolin95
10-13-2009, 08:17 AM
It is a nice system. I barely use it since I got my gaming pc at full speed and 3D Vision is just amazing but for some games like boxing there is no other way but Xbox and they do look good too. :-)

Lestat
10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
did u get the one with no hdmi cable, if so u should get the latest jungle flasher and get your linux and "backups on", it just needs a sata cable to flash the dvd drive

nothing you buy now whether it has the hdmi cable or not is going to have the dashboard software old enough to run the hack for linux and they all have hdmi now and have for quite a long time.
every box available today can have the drive flashed.

250 is cheap for a elite, you must have gotten in on some special sale, or coupon or on eGay.

welcome to the 360 world...
too bad you didnt hit me up or check our fs section i have a brand new unit with games for $250..... maybe next time.

zanzabar
10-13-2009, 01:40 PM
isnt there a live disk that works with any that have been jungle flashed

Reznik Akime
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
You might be thinking of the King Kong shader exploit. That's been long since fixed by older updates. Now there's a "jtag hack" that allows you to build a jtag port on the 360 (only certain boards apply) and flash it with Xell. Granted you lose any ability to play 360 games after that, you do have a machine that can be a full blown linux workstation. The update that came out in August breaks this, however. Not to mention that the new 360s coming out have the exploit fixed as well. You'll have to find an xbox with the pre August update on it to do homebrew.

Russian
10-17-2009, 01:58 AM

299 at amazon, 50 dollar MIR through Microsoft.

If i wanted to, i could have waited(maybe) and gotten it for 213.

And yes, this one doesnt come with the HDMI cable. But i needed component anyways, both our bigscreens only do 1080i on component.