PDA

View Full Version : coming back to wc

[XC] leviathan18
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
ive been out of the loop (pun intended) for some time, i have a mp05 a PA120.3 and a laind ddc with petras top, im probably going for some core i7 love this summer and i want to change my wc to the new era...

as i was very happy with what i had i never looked into wc much more, now i see some new rads, EK making every kind of blocks and petras no longer making the top for the laing so now my question is, what should i get, do i keep my PA120.3 do i change my top, what block should i get ?

thanks for the answers guys

faster3200
06-06-2009, 10:40 PM
What is your price range? Which DDC? You can keep the rad as there is nothing significantly better. You might want to change the top to an XSPC or EK V.2 top. For the CPU block, the Koolance 350 and HK 3.0 seem to be the best blocks right now. For a cpu only loop I would go with the Koolance.

Waterlogged
06-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I'd keep the PA without a doubt. The Petra's top is no longer the "best" but (and I can't stress this enough), I don't see the difference in the tops making much of a difference in your temps...and if the DDC is a DDC-2, it's a definite keeper (they're square gold my friend). The only thing I'd really change is the CPU block, you might want to look at Heatkiller 3.0, Swiftech Apogee GTZ, Koolance 350 & 345, EK Supreme LT among others and decide what best suits your liking. Welcome back. :up:

[XC] leviathan18
06-06-2009, 11:05 PM
no budget limit but i dont want to spend thousand if i dont have to

my ddc is a ddc-2 with pts top so maybe i will keep it and use a ek res

i also have a d-tek gpu block and probably will use the bloodrage NB water block

so the rad and pump will have 3 blocks to cool, i dont want something too restrictive for the cpu block, i liked the ones waterlogged recommended but i need more info about them to make a smart buy

b@llz0r
06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
rad and pump are fine...

there has been pretty big developments in water blocks... full board blocks and a lot of testing of various blocks in the i7

the Heatkiller 3.0 is currently the cpu block to beat, the rest will depend on the mobo and gpu you go with

HESmelaugh has a pretty awesome round up of current i7 blocks
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224976

[XC] leviathan18
06-07-2009, 09:29 AM
thanks for the link i found my new cpu block, sadly there isnt the same development for gpu blocks

NaeKuh
06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
What is your price range? Which DDC? You can keep the rad as there is nothing significantly better. You might want to change the top to an XSPC or EK V.2 top. For the CPU block, the Koolance 350 and HK 3.0 seem to be the best blocks right now. For a cpu only loop I would go with the Koolance.

^ this.. +1

Haltech
06-07-2009, 01:08 PM
leviathan18;3834494']thanks for the link i found my new cpu block, sadly there isnt the same development for gpu blocks

GPU blocks have been sitting in the back seat to CPU blocks since 1999.

[XC] leviathan18
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
well not like that, we have full covers, but i dont like them they are only for that gpu and that gpu alone and with gpu prices i dont like to spend another 140$ for a full cover i rather pay 50 for the dtek