PDA

View Full Version : think u guys might like this

Death ++
11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
i know, i know, i have a water cooled rig and am posting about it in the air cooling forum, but my water cooling systems sucks. most air cooled rigs get better temps than me. so i found some cheap way to fix it, FANS!!! LOTS AND LOTSA FANS!!! i put a fan blowing on the water block, and the temp drops 5-7c!! i also have tons of fans throughout the rig (on the psu, 2 extra on the vid card) for a total of 10 i believe. of course i can turn most of them off and the rest can be turned down so i can get some sleep at night, i just gotta open the window and turn my thermal blanket on.

for x-mas im gonna get a better water system and try this method on it too and see what happens, but until then, my systems is going to be majority air cooled.

check the pic below and sorry for the poor wire management and blurry image quality, my camera is old:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=269046

CCW
11-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Nice.....but only 10? I run 15......

Death ++
11-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by CCW
Nice.....but only 10? I run 15......

haha!! if i had more, id throw them in too, but i gave the rest to solo42 early in the summer when his mobo started beeping at him for overheating. now im upgrading his comp and he'll be getting better cooling, and im introducing him here so he can learn more and wont have to call me everytime something happens, he can just browse here and find the answer, or ask for help.

speedyaxon
11-15-2003, 02:29 PM
that's crazy! I have 10 also if you include vga, nb, and psu. Not that loud actually. I like the green in there! Nice job!:banana:

Death ++
11-15-2003, 10:27 PM
i have three super bright green led fans (1 in the front, 1 just under the vid card, and 1 in the psu) all of which turn on and off with the push of a single button. that button also controls the 4" green cathode in the drive bay under my floppy. i like to be able to turn all lights out when i sleep so its darker in my room. ill update the pic when i clean up the wiring and get more green things, but that wont be until i have time to

ZhaoYun
11-18-2003, 01:09 AM
http://www.stupidness.net/archives/images/simgoggles.jpg

"My eyes... the goggles do nothing!!!"

Solo42
11-19-2003, 04:00 PM
:with: I've seen it, Its really bright and the Light Above the keyboard is sick