PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Fanboys Cry In Tandem: MGS Coming To 360

perkam
06-01-2009, 05:26 PM
http://giikah.com/imagenes/giikah/omg.jpg

:lol: I feel sorry for the fanboys. Revenues > Fandom I guess.

Teaser looks nice: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-metal-gear/50035

Perkam

inCore
06-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I love it, a kick in the face for so many people at once. I expected to see the PS3 logo somewhere next to the XBOX one, but no. :p:

SKYMTL
06-01-2009, 05:36 PM
It is Metal Gear Lite. Whether people will admit it or not, the Xbox 360 just doesn't have the storage capacity to put forward something like Guns of the Patriots. In addition, I don't think this was announced as a 360 exclusive...

Mr.Guvernment
06-01-2009, 05:37 PM
almost makes me want to buy another 360!! (last one was stolen)

Katanai
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
This sucks.

What's next? Playing Tekken on that awful 360 dpad? :shakes:

:down:

And no I don't own a PS3.

trinibwoy
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought the 360 pad was the bees knees?

YukonTrooper
06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
It is Metal Gear Lite. Whether people will admit it or not, the Xbox 360 just doesn't have the storage capacity to put forward something like Guns of the Patriots. In addition, I don't think this was announced as a 360 exclusive...
I believe they could just do a multi-disc release, it's been done before. Also, the hard-drive could be harnessed in this regard.

It is. The 360 controller is ten times better than the PS3's.

zanzabar
06-01-2009, 05:54 PM

the 360 pad is bad, i have one and the floating dpad is terrible (relay bad for fighting games of fine control, its only good for hotkeys), the analogue sticks use 1 spring per axis so there is a huge amount of dead space (2 springs has been standard from the inception of the analogue stick) and with the left stick being at a low leverage position and has a sunken finger rest so double tapping and such is a huge PITA and dose not works as fluid as the older raised sticks. i truly bad controller but its alot better than the xbox and incomparable superior than the original xbox behemoth. if there was an x-input compatible duel shock style controller of quality i would buy it even if it was $100 and if i could put the duel shock sticks on the 360 controller without a huge amount of work i would do so. layout can get u better looking controller but there are huge flaws with the construction

as for the game i think that this is bad idea for MS it will only show how bad the 360 is if its in the same style as mgs4 since it will be hugely dumbed down

iTravis
06-01-2009, 05:56 PM

Microsoft didn't announce it exclusive, it's coming to PS3 and PC as well.

defect9
06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
i like when things come out for PC. I only buy consoles when I can get them for under $120 now, sometimes I wait 'til I can get them for under $50.

Soultaker52
06-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes, this is coming for PC and PS3 as well. Which I really find fun. Let's hope that this port will be a great port, and not just some lazy :banana::banana::banana::banana:ery.

perkam
06-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes, this is coming for PC and PS3 as well. Which I really find fun. Let's hope that this port will be a great port, and not just some lazy :banana::banana::banana::banana:ery.Hideo Kojima doesn't do things half-a**ed.

Perkam

B.E.E.F.
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Hideo Kojima doesn't do things half-a**ed.

What about Sons of Liberty for the PC??

I rest my case.

tajoh111
06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
If your playing as raiden you can forget about stealth.

Heck, when you can stop a damn mobile fortress with just power, who needs a sword even.

roofsniper
06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I believe they could just do a multi-disc release, it's been done before. Also, the hard-drive could be harnessed in this regard.

It is. The 360 controller is ten times better than the PS3's.

they couldnt do a multi disc release. have you played mgs before? at one point otacon is like ok time to put in the second disc. O WAIT this is a ps3. i dont think that would suit well with 360 fans unless they cut it out. and the controller thing is just opinion if you ask me. i like the ps3 controller way more than the 360 controller but if you have big hands i could understand why someone would hate the ps3.

lee143
06-01-2009, 07:48 PM
What about Sons of Liberty for the PC??

I rest my case.

Not Kojima's fault for a bad port. The game itself for the PS2 was brilliant.

clayton
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Meanwhile, FFXIII is coming to 360 as well...

zanzabar
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Meanwhile, FFXIII is coming to 360 as well...

its also coming to the pc and FF was confirmed to be cut down in the 360

SKYMTL
06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
its also coming to the pc and FF was confirmed to be cut down in the 360

As developers expand titles more and more, 360 users will begin to see this more often. It's a shame that they bet on a format that wasn't meant to be but we all live and learn I guess...

metachronos
06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I'll bet money that this will be a "timed exclusive"

bowman
06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
360?! Who gives a :banana::banana::banana::banana:. The real news is that it's an equal citizen on the PC too. I'm just wondering how well it'll be implemented.

If this can lead to the next mainline Solid Snake-game on the PC I'm buying it, DVD box and all, even. :p:

RejZoR
06-02-2009, 12:33 AM
I don't care. I never played MGS except demo on PC years ago. Besides, i only have PS2 so...

Katanai
06-02-2009, 12:34 AM
its also coming to the pc

Really?

:shocked:

That is some great news right there!!!

zanzabar
06-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Really?

:shocked:

That is some great news right there!!!

just making sure u guys got the context that comment was on FF13 not MGS

Katanai
06-02-2009, 01:03 AM
just making sure u guys got the context that comment was on FF13 not MGS

I couldn't care less about MGS. I was actually considering getting a PS3 just for FF13 and GT5. But now if FF13 comes out on the PC and GT finally comes out on the PSP I could invest more in some GPU power. :)

Kingcarcas
06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
This isn't MGS4......and i bet it's timed exclusive....

chew*
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Ehh don't bother me at all.

I'm to busy watching Blu Rays on mine something Xbox can't do....oops did I say that?

ReverendMaynard
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
http://giikah.com/imagenes/giikah/omg.jpg

:lol: I feel sorry for the fanboys. Revenues > Fandom I guess.

Teaser looks nice: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-metal-gear/50035

Perkam

Prime example of a fanboy post if I've ever saw one.

People who cry over console exclusive video games are pathetic, but people who try to rub it in the faces of their opposing fanboy rivals is 10x more pathetic.

This is why I hate consoles period.

B.E.E.F.
06-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Not Kojima's fault for a bad port. The game itself for the PS2 was brilliant.

That it was, I might just play the thing again. The port was garbage, and I don't expect the new one to be different.

panzerchaos47
06-03-2009, 09:22 PM
That's nice I haven't finish Xbox version of MGS though (I was looking whats was hype about MGS). But for me I would love to get is Splinter Cell: Conviction.

GTSRboy
06-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Great! Say goodbye to amazing graphics with this new MGS! They've got to dumb it down to the XBOX level, thanks XBOX. Nothing like a huge corporation ruining something

XBOX has gotton so big because they clean your pockets out, now they take a extremly advanced game on the PS3, take a sh ! t on it, and see how much $$$ they can cash in

Jamesrt2004
06-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Great! Say goodbye to amazing graphics with this new MGS! They've got to dumb it down to the XBOX level, thanks XBOX. Nothing like a huge corporation ruining something

XBOX has gotton so big because they clean your pockets out, now they take a extremly advanced game on the PS3, take a sh ! t on it, and see how much $$$ they can cash in

and you KNOW 100% its going to be dumbed down graphics etc.. how??

I have both systems and Xbox generally has better graphics in the same games when there played next to each other..

zanzabar
06-04-2009, 02:37 AM
and you KNOW 100% its going to be dumbed down graphics etc.. how??

I have both systems and Xbox generally has better graphics in the same games when there played next to each other..

its imposable to do the particle work like in MGS4 on the 360 and there is the disk space and storage so the native texture mesh will be 520-580 then upscaled instead or 720 or 1080 like the ps3 likes. if it wasnt for the weak gpu the ps3 would be a full generation above the 360,

i wouldent expect more than MGS3 graphics but with more action on the screen at once, and good or bad there wont be the amount of story and cinematic experience of mgs4

ReverendMaynard
06-04-2009, 06:06 AM
I think the sound is going to take the biggest hit unfortunately.

Xello
06-04-2009, 07:31 AM
So this is a new game and not a MGS4 port? They did say they weren't comfortable paying the royalties involved for shipping a 4-5 DVD product.

I don't care. I never played MGS except demo on PC years ago. Besides, i only have PS2 so...

Do yourself a favour and grab the first two games! Can be had for pennies now, and they are incredible titles. If you pay attention to the plot :up:

B.E.E.F.
06-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Maybe they can just compress the game to fit on a DVD then require the user to install it on the 360.

Brick
06-06-2009, 08:40 AM
the 360 pad is bad, i have one and the floating dpad is terrible (relay bad for fighting games of fine control, its only good for hotkeys), the analogue sticks use 1 spring per axis so there is a huge amount of dead space (2 springs has been standard from the inception of the analogue stick) and with the left stick being at a low leverage position and has a sunken finger rest so double tapping and such is a huge PITA and dose not works as fluid as the older raised sticks. i truly bad controller but its alot better than the xbox and incomparable superior than the original xbox behemoth. if there was an x-input compatible duel shock style controller of quality i would buy it even if it was $100 and if i could put the duel shock sticks on the 360 controller without a huge amount of work i would do so. layout can get u better looking controller but there are huge flaws with the construction

as for the game i think that this is bad idea for MS it will only show how bad the 360 is if its in the same style as mgs4 since it will be hugely dumbed down

have a ps3 and a 360; the 360 is by far more comfortable and easier to use. The ps3 controller is not comforming to your hand in the least, it hurts after a while.

Chris_redfield
06-07-2009, 09:53 AM
The new MGS game Metal Gear Solid Rising is coming to both the 360 and the PS3, whilst the PSP is set to receive Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Rising doesn't look like it will feature much of Snake and looks like the main role will be taken by Raiden. I have read nothing but rumours since MGS4 was launched on the PS4 about the games imminent arrival on the 360, but tbh I can't see it happening.

Metal Gear Solid on the PSX was awesome and is one of my favorite games of all time. The bosses were fantastic and it mixed realistic stealth elements in with more anime styled characters. I abandoned the series at the second game as it was so introverted and nonsensical that the plot just descended into a confusing arrogant mess. Also I felt like Snake was showing his age a bit when compared to the new kid on the block at the time Sam Fisher.

Starscream
06-07-2009, 01:15 PM
ya on all the forums people are debating about how the limited disc space of the 360 will b solved cause the added royalties for a multi disc game arent that pretty.

Further on one forum someone said that Kojima and his team (the team that did MGS4) will make Peace Walker (the PSP game) and an entirely diffrent team will make Rising.

Seems Peace Walker will play sometime after the events of MGS3.
in Rising Raiden will play the main character.

When i first saw the countdown i hoped for a game with Snake, Grey Fox or the Big Boss everything but Raiden. Didnt like him in MGS2.

@Jamesrt2004

If the same game looks noticable better on the 360 then on the PS3 then that is usually cause the people who made it developed the game for the 360 and then badly ported it for the ps3 and that they didnt take the time to optimize it for the PS3 hardware.
The grt grafix in various PS3 exclusives prove what the PS3 is capable of.

perkam
06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Metal Gear Solid on the PSX was awesome and is one of my favorite games of all time. I agree. However, to doubt that the same Hideo Kojima that has yet to make a bad game will make a mediocre game for the Xbox 360 is a tad naive. You can't have it both ways. Either Kojima is an amazing game developer or he isn't. And if he is, then MGS Rising will be an awesome game :up:

Also, if anyone ever played Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, they'd know that Hideo LIVES for fitting in amazing visuals and textures on the smallest of spaces. So I'm not worried :D

Perkam

Xello
06-07-2009, 11:33 PM
If memory serves Twin Snakes was actually done by Silicon Knights, who also did Eternal Darkness. Two of my favorite games from last generation :)

Starscream
06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
If memory serves Twin Snakes was actually done by Silicon Knights, who also did Eternal Darkness. Two of my favorite games from last generation :)

true, Kojima and his team didnt make Twin Snakes. He only did the supervision to make shure they wouldnt screw up.

@Perkam
Kojima isnt making MGS Rising he is only 1 of the producers. Wich will likely mean that he wil have the same job as in Twin Snakes. Make shure they stay true to the characters and storyline and dont deviate to much.

Like said before Kojima and his MGS team will make the PSP game.

Xello
06-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Are any of these new games going to be specifically about Solid Snake?

I definitely remember reading a direct quote from Kojima saying that MGS4 was it, the very last story he had to tell for Solid, and that there would be no more MGS. When pressed he clarified that he does mean MGS and not Metal Gear as a franchise.

Starscream
06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Are any of these new games going to be specifically about Solid Snake?

I definitely remember reading a direct quote from Kojima saying that MGS4 was it, the very last story he had to tell for Solid, and that there would be no more MGS. When pressed he clarified that he does mean MGS and not Metal Gear as a franchise.

Ya Kojima said that nr 4 was it for Snake.
in Rising Raiden will play the lead
And in Peace Walker the Big Boss wil play the lead. Kinda confused by seeing multiple copys of the Big Boss in 1 screen tho but that most likely was just something they made to show gameplay.

Xello
06-08-2009, 10:57 AM
That makes more sense :)

I had an insight in to how they would fit MGS4 on to an xbox dvd - take out all the cut scenes. And every time there's a cut scene just flash a message like "go look up this cut scene on youtube, oh wait this is a 30 minute one and it wouldn't fit.."

Not that i didn't enjoy them, i liked watching the plot unfold as much as i liked playing the actual game parts. You absolutely have to have played the previous games to have any kind of investment in the characters though, otherwise i can easily see people just not caring and getting bored quick.

Chris_redfield
06-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I didn't mean that Hideo would do a rubbish version of MGS4 on the 360. I meant that I can't see a version of MGS4 appearing on the 360 in the near future because I am yet to read any fact pointing to the games conception.

I wouldn't say that Hideo Kojima was great at creating games either, he had one great game in Metal Gear Solid on the PSX but I am yet to be impressed by any of his other titles. He's a bit like the Wachowski brothers, great idea at the beginning but really should have just left it alone.

Eternal Darkness was brilliant. One of my favorite survival horrors of all time. Just because all the goodies died horribly at the end of each level. (The characters who were on the side of evil, not Bill Oddie and co, though I would like to play that game too.)

Starscream
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
That makes more sense :)

I had an insight in to how they would fit MGS4 on to an xbox dvd - take out all the cut scenes. And every time there's a cut scene just flash a message like "go look up this cut scene on youtube, oh wait this is a 30 minute one and it wouldn't fit.."

Not that i didn't enjoy them, i liked watching the plot unfold as much as i liked playing the actual game parts. You absolutely have to have played the previous games to have any kind of investment in the characters though, otherwise i can easily see people just not caring and getting bored quick.

dunno how much data was on the MGS4 blu ray but i doubt that taking all the cut scenes out of it would be enough to make it fit on 1 DL DVD.
Kojima once said that he actualy had to remove some things from the game to fit it on a 50GB Blu ray.
But i doubt MGS4 will come to the 360 any time soon.

Btw MGS Rising doesnt use the "Tactical Espionage Action" tagline but "Lightning Bolt Action". Wich will likely mean that it will be a completely diffrent type of game.

Xello
06-09-2009, 06:39 AM
dunno how much data was on the MGS4 blu ray but i doubt that taking all the cut scenes out of it would be enough to make it fit on 1 DL DVD.
Kojima once said that he actualy had to remove some things from the game to fit it on a 50GB Blu ray.
But i doubt MGS4 will come to the 360 any time soon.

Yeah that was an exaggeration :D It takes up nearly the entire disc according to what i read at the time.