PDA

View Full Version : Cosmos-S Touch Sensitive Power Button Question

Zack.
05-27-2009, 06:07 AM
Hey again!

Sorry for all the questions. :shrug:

The touch sensitive button on the Cosmos has a weirdly designed functionality and needs the use of the Motherboard extension power cable that the case comes with.

You are meant to use that and plug that into your PSU's 24Pin then plug that into your motherboard.

Quoted from a review:

What you see here is the 24 pin power ribbon connected to the MB, that multi-colored ribbon came with the case and has a yellow/darkblue set of wires wired into the +/- 5 VDC hot line from the PSU. This is because the touchsensitve power button needs power to work (it senses your touch and then sends the signal to the MB to power on).

I was wondering if its possible to put the extension cable they give you, in-between your PSU 24Pin and a normal 24Pin extension cable?

Will that work/Make any difference?

The reason why I want to do it is so that I can use a sleeved and pretty 24pin cable going into my motherboard with a black plug without needing to sleeve the one they give you incase I screw it up.

PSU 24Pin -> Cosmos-S Power Button 24Pin Extension -> Normal sleeved good looking extension cable.

Thanks. :up:

tuanster1119
05-27-2009, 06:20 AM
yes that will work just fine.

Zack.
05-27-2009, 06:21 AM
yes that will work just fine.

Sweet as! I studied Physics last year so I was 99% sure it would since it doesn't really make a difference if you think about it technically, but hey, you never know.

Thanks for the help :up:

Frananta
05-27-2009, 09:32 AM
you should post the photo after you've done sleeving it bro, it'll encourage me to doing the same :)

Zack.
06-20-2009, 09:59 PM
you should post the photo after you've done sleeving it bro, it'll encourage me to doing the same :)

Haha. I finally received my package from overseas after it sat in Aus Customs for 4 days and making me pay $300 just to release it...

My first sleeving attempt ever so it's not perfect but I think it'll do the job just fine.

Haha one cable left!
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7184/dsc00315lxk.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7442/dsc00316evm.jpg
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4057/dsc00317p.jpg

:up:

Aldur_wm
06-20-2009, 10:30 PM
GJ little choplet

MomijiTMO
06-20-2009, 10:49 PM
and making me pay $300 just to release it...

WTF?

Normally you get taxed if your goods exceed $1000AUD and the import tax is usually 10%.

Zack.
06-20-2009, 10:52 PM
WTF?

Normally you get taxed if your goods exceed $1000AUD and the import tax is usually 10%.

Yeah well by just to release it I meant that it includes the GST and duty I paid.

They kept it for 4 days because it was a $2000AUD order from PPC (which I now really regret since half the stuff is wrong... but whatever) and I forgot to ask PPC to ship it in two different packages one day apart which is what I normally do with packages overseas over $1000AU.

Anyway, so I had to pay $50 customs handling fee, $200 GST (10% on entire value+shipping) and 5% duty on some of the items because they weren't considered 'computer accessories', like the pumps, tubing, etc.

Which all up came to $300. :down:

MomijiTMO
06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
What did your PPC order have the wrong items? :D

Anyhoo, how did you rack up so much? Do you sell pcs?

Zack.
06-20-2009, 11:17 PM
What did your PPC order have the wrong items? :D

Anyhoo, how did you rack up so much? Do you sell pcs?

I host gaming servers in Sydney for players across Australia and also do some IT/Hardware/Computer building work for some businesses in Melb CBD. Been looking at expanding my gaming servers to possibly selling watercooling products in Australia, but that's just an idea for the time being. Ontop of all that I'm still at Melb Uni studying!

Anyway,
Initially I thought it was only the waterblocks, but upon closer inspection:

- Wrong SATA data cable was sent.
- Tubing was almost 2ft less than it should be
- Wrong EK Anti cyclone Sizes (ordered 100 res, they sent me big size)
- Wrong Motherboard Waterblocks which they sent a replacement via the SLOWEST possible mail which is according to USPS going to take anywhere from 1-4 weeks.

That's what was wrong with my order. And after receiving it from customs almost 5 days later than I had expected it, Zack is not a happy man.

EDIT: Have only contacted them about the waterblocks so far, I realised the other stuff today. I will call them on Monday and take it up with them.

MomijiTMO
06-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I got shortened 0.5ft of tubing but seeing I overestimated the amount I didn't really care to fight for 1 USD. Still, it appears it wasn't just me. . ..

Zack should RAGE.

Zack.
06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I got shortened 0.5ft of tubing but seeing I overestimated the amount I didn't really care to fight for 1 USD. Still, it appears it wasn't just me. . ..

Zack should RAGE.

I don't really care about the 2ft, it's just the principle behind it and adding that with all the other problems in my order.

PPC would save a lot of time and effort if they put in a little bit extra time and effort into packing their orders.

Honestly, after spending so much money on an order, the least they can do is ship my waterblocks via Express Mail...

Initially they wanted me to WAIT until they have received the wrong ones back from me and THEN ship my gigabyte ones, I was not happy with that.

Ah well. Will probably let you know what happens when I call them tomorrow arvo. First thing Monday morning they will have a not too happy customer to deal with.

and believe me, I'm raging. :mad::mad:

MomijiTMO
06-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Well buddy, don't shop there again if you feel that they do not have the service you are paying for. No one is perfect but geeeeeeeeeee this isn't even half arsed.

IMO PPC is good for anyone in North America. Best of luck to internationals.

Frananta
06-21-2009, 12:46 AM
PPC makes mistake in my order too, ordered chrome cable sleeve and came with white cable sleeve :shrug:

Well ok,... its time for me to do the sleeve job :toast:

Zack.
06-21-2009, 12:53 AM
PPC makes mistake in my order too, ordered chrome cable sleeve and came with white cable sleeve :shrug:

Well ok,... its time for me to do the sleeve job :toast:

Haha thats the deal! :ROTF:

I do it, you do it.

So get cracking little man! :rofl:

Must post here as proof of completion! :yepp:

Tcassius
06-24-2009, 06:14 AM
http://adrenaline.com.br/forum/attachments/gabinetes-case-mod/118526d1244330694-cablemod-sleeve-dsc02740.jpg

http://adrenaline.com.br/forum/attachments/gabinetes-case-mod/118522d1244329789-cablemod-sleeve-dsc02751.jpg

:yepp: