PDA

View Full Version : Center/sub channel inaudible

corbec
11-13-2003, 01:27 PM
i have 5.1 channel surround sound headphones and to hear my center channel, i have to turn the volume bar up to the highest and i then can BARELY hear the sound. I have center channel enabled and center channel volume up the highest. any way i can fix this? i would like true 5.1surround sound out of my headphones

see sig for specs...btw zalman 5.1 surround sound headphones.

Walrusbonzo
11-13-2003, 04:31 PM
I dunno if it's the same on your board, but I've come across around 5 NF7-S, mixture of V1.2s and V2s, and spread out over 5/6 months. ALL of them, no joke, ALL of them have the rear jack and centre/sub jack the wrong way round!!!!!

I.E. you have to plug your rear speakers into the "centre/sub" jack and the centre/sub speaker in the rear!

I'm surprided ABIT hadn't picked up this problem before.

Ragnarok
11-13-2003, 04:54 PM
u sure? orange = rear left and right, black = centre

corbec
11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
yes that would just explain a FEW just a few problems :stick:

Walrusbonzo
11-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Ragnarok
u sure? orange = rear left and right, black = centre

Like I said, over the space of 5 to 6 months I've come across several NF7-S, V1.2s and V2s, all had the same problem :rolleyes:

Ragnarok
11-14-2003, 03:00 AM
lol hey chill bro, just asking :D

Walrusbonzo
11-14-2003, 05:45 AM
I'm chilled, just saying.

JBELL
11-14-2003, 06:15 AM
are you sure what your playing is encoded in 5.1???

corbec
11-14-2003, 12:36 PM
i use the soundstorms test tone to check. and im sure thats encoded in 5.1

Marci
11-15-2003, 04:35 AM
i would like true 5.1surround sound out of my headphones

Physically impossible to have true 5.1 without having 6 speakers. You will always only get an EMULATION of surround sound thru headphones. They just happen to support a true 5.1 input and then have their own algorithms to convert this to what you hear thru the cans. Center channel is buried in the split-difference between the left&right channels, so in a headphone situation as it isn't coming thru it's own speaker it WILL vanish. You effectively have what's referred to as a phantom centre on your headphones.

Marci
11-15-2003, 04:40 AM
The Zalman ZM-RS6F headphones are specifically designed for this purpose - a 5.1 (5 speakers + 1 subwoofer) 6-channel full range theatre system that can be put on your head - for your ears only. Featuring real surround sound field close to a complete multi-channel speaker system, and enhanced spatial and realistic effects, the RS6F has almost every feature of a six-speaker setup, according to Zalman.

Note the mention of the words "enhance spatial" and "realistic effects" and "almost every feature"

corbec
11-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Marci
Physically impossible to have true 5.1 without having 6 speakers. You will always only get an EMULATION of surround sound thru headphones. They just happen to support a true 5.1 input and then have their own algorithms to convert this to what you hear thru the cans. Center channel is buried in the split-difference between the left&right channels, so in a headphone situation as it isn't coming thru it's own speaker it WILL vanish. You effectively have what's referred to as a phantom centre on your headphones.

wow somebodies smart :eek:

Walrusbonzo
11-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Not really, it's just common sense TBH.

corbec
11-15-2003, 10:01 AM
actually...he was wrong lol...im using a epox 8kha now cause my nf7 corrupted and i sending back and getting a an7

anyways im using a soundcard...plug in center channel...and its audible! theres something wrong with the settings or something...

my nf7 sounds so much better than this pos soundcard:(

i think these headphones have like speaker zones...like front channel=front zone

Marci
11-15-2003, 10:21 AM
somebodies smart

somebody's a sound engineer ;) No matter what the source, Abit or otherwise, it will never be true 5.1. Your centre channel is working in 5.1 mode, yes, but the cans themselves can still never atain the level of enlightenment that is TRUE 5.1...

corbec
11-15-2003, 10:36 AM
i know...but why is it working on the soundcard and not the nf7...