PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of an AN7-S(also sound)

texuspete00
11-13-2003, 09:22 AM
I was wondering if any chance of an AN7-S. That would seem a great and recognizable addition to your lineup with the new MCPS southbridge.

Maybe you can also answer this, native SATA is cool but I probably won't use it. What I really want is a new southbridge as they get hotter than any other board. I get sound crackling and I know you guys have heard about this. I haven't seen anything done but I love Abit, so I'm guessing the crackling sound is just the chip gets hot. I would get an MCPS board just to get the freshest chips from the plant.

Some insight please? I thought about getting an NF7 and a sound card even but the purpose of my mobo upgrade was for a higher fsb than my v1.2 NF7-S can offer. Soundstorm CPU usage is untocuhable and I didnt want to defeat my new found speed.

So yeah... any MCPS version nForce2 boards? Sound crackle is undeniable... please offer insight... drivers? heat?

I anxiously await the answer to the other thread on the voltage options of the AN7.

ABIT Marketing
11-13-2003, 12:59 PM
I am sorry to disappoint you, as far as I know, the MCP-S will be only available on the NF3 250 chipset based boards. There has been some issues with the onboard sound with earlier revision of the NF7-S, 1.0 and 1.1. I personally own a NF7-S v2.0 and I have never had any sound issues with the Sound Storm on board. As a matter of fact, ABIT NF7-S is one of the few motherboards that is being qualifed by both NVIDIA and Dolby for true 6 channel audio.