PDA

View Full Version : Mismatched pump tops in series?

ecidious
05-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Once my GTX 285 gets back I want to add it into a large single loop with dual radiators and dual pumps. I currently have two thermochill pa120.3s with push-pull YL fans, an MCP355 with XSPX res-top and a Koolance 350 block.

Is it okay to add a second MCP355 in series but with an EK v2 top or even a second res-top to that loop?

Martinm210
05-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Sure, no problem. I wouldn't even worry about running a D5 and DDC together if you wanted to. I just wouldn't try something really different like a Thermaltake pump behind an RD-30....actually, that might be kind of fun..:)

silverphoenix
05-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Sure, no problem. I wouldn't even worry about running a D5 and DDC together if you wanted to. I just wouldn't try something really different like a Thermaltake pump behind an RD-30....actually, that might be kind of fun..:)

lol we can see the TT pump just IMPLODE!!

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
I can see the plastic housing of the tt pump melting in the case LOL

Hondacity
05-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Once my GTX 285 gets back I want to add it into a large single loop with dual radiators and dual pumps. I currently have two thermochill pa120.3s with push-pull YL fans, an MCP355 with XSPX res-top and a Koolance 350 block.

Is it okay to add a second MCP355 in series but with an EK v2 top or even a second res-top to that loop?

using a second restop, it will overflow. i suggest a non-reservoir top.

ecidious
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks everyone.

eth0s
05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
@ Hondacity:

I am curious about your declaration that if you mount two res-top pumps in series, the second one will overfill. Have you ever tried it to find out? Or are you just guessing? I really want to know, and I'm not just being a wise-ass. I can't work out the math in my head on why that would happen. To combat the overflowing problem however, I think if you mounted the second res-top pump intake so that it was vertically higher than the first res-top pump's output nozzle, it would solve the problem. Has anybody tried this?

Hondacity
05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
@ Hondacity:

I am curious about your declaration that if you mount two res-top pumps in series, the second one will overfill. Have you ever tried it to find out? Or are you just guessing? I really want to know, and I'm not just being a wise-ass. I can't work out the math in my head on why that would happen. To combat the overflowing problem however, I think if you mounted the second res-top pump intake so that it was vertically higher than the first res-top pump's output nozzle, it would solve the problem. Has anybody tried this?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c5/hondacity25/P1010738.jpg

overflow:)

Stealth42o
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I just wouldn't try something really different like a Thermaltake pump behind an RD-30....actually, that might be kind of fun..:)

LOL :rofl::up: