PDA

View Full Version : New here, have couple of questions about my watercooling.

royalkilla408
05-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Hi all Im new to this site, I got a lot of info out of it to build my watercooling thanks!

I have couple of questions though, I am replacing my fans on my Feser Radiator 240. I have two different brands of fans to use on my Rad and I cant make up my mind on which one to use. The first one is Gentle Typhoon 1850 rpm, the sencond brand is Panflo ultra speed 120x38mm. I have been reading the guides and stuff but I am a bit confused which one would be the best to use. If you guys can help me out that would be great!

Also, if you guys say that Panflo would be best than what size screw do I get so that I can fit my 38mm fan? The reason is because Feser only supplies scews for 120mm fans and I don't know what size of screw do I need to fit my 38mm fan.

Thanks!

MomijiTMO
05-16-2009, 05:07 AM
GTs ftw.

The Panaflos are better but they scream. SCREAM. WHHHHHHHHHEHEHEHEHEE I'M ON DESTROYING YOUR HEARING MWWAHAHAHA.

Conumdrum
05-16-2009, 05:08 AM
The Panaflow, being a 38mm deep and high speed will give the best temps. Put them on a speed controller for sanity, crank up to 12V when you need it.

The screws are a constant dilemma. You need the same thread pitch and a specific length. This is where the hobby person figures it out. Measure, check, research. What is the screw thread pitch of a Feser rad? You check their website? Might be there. Length is tough. Easy to get close with a decent ruler. Once you figure it out if your USA, look at McMaster Carr for the screws. Locally I use hardware stores. McFadden-Dale is the king to get local store bought for me.

Best of luck! Ohh seen peeps drill the holes larger on the rad and use zipties or easily acessable screw sizes. Last choice tho.

royalkilla408
05-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I do have a fan controller, my TJ07 has too many fans for just my motherboard and it would be too loud too. Yes I have been searching for the type of screws and I belive it is M3 4/40 type of screw and sidewinder online store have different sizes and I mesured it to be 2 inches long, that should be more than enough for the fan. I just wanted to make sure if I was correct. Thanks again.

DeathWalking
05-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I do have a fan controller, my TJ07 has too many fans for just my motherboard and it would be too loud too. Yes I have been searching for the type of screws and I belive it is M3 4/40 type of screw and sidewinder online store have different sizes and I mesured it to be 2 inches long, that should be more than enough for the fan. I just wanted to make sure if I was correct. Thanks again.Another thing, a lot of fans draw too much current to be plugged into your motherboard. Course of wisdom is to not plug any "strong" fans into your motherboard, fan controllers all the way.

royalkilla408
05-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Another question is where can I buy San Ace fans? Can't find them. Thanks.