PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using XSPC RX360 rad with Pinnacle 24?

Quels
05-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm having trouble with mounting my rad to the top triple panel of my MM Pinnacle 24. Also just as much trouble finding out if its the cut or the rad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Desaunct/100_0807_00.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Desaunct/100_0808_00.jpg

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with this fitments, just fixed it on their own or if it fit fine. Also anyone know if XSPC's RX360 rad's are the same pattern as Swiftech's, or Feser's?

Thanks, Quels

Sadasius
05-07-2009, 06:09 PM
It's the rad. Very rare it is the case. Rads are pretty famous for not having holes that line up exactly square.

Quels
05-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Ya thats what I was thinking too. Easy fix I'll just drill it out, the fan grill will cover up the extra gap.

LOUISSSSS
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
yes the RX360 has the same hole pattern as the swiftech mcr320. my RX holes lined up perfectly

lennox
05-07-2009, 08:53 PM
is it really worth drilling out? 1 or 2 screws missing isn't going to hurt the integrity of the rad mount. heh, its your case ;)

unless you mean drill the rad? still..

Kibbler
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
If the holes are too "wide" meaning the don't line up w/ case holes width-wise of the rad (as opposed to lengthwise), then it could be that the shroud is not "folded" enough. Gently push each mounting "flange" (the trapezoidal part of the shroud with mounting holes) into the rad a bit more and see if they line up better.

At least, that's what was wrong with one of my MCR320.

Quels
05-08-2009, 05:46 AM
is it really worth drilling out? 1 or 2 screws missing isn't going to hurt the integrity of the rad mount. heh, its your case ;)

unless you mean drill the rad? still..

Um...yes I need to install fan grills. Why would I drill the rad? The screws wouldnt fit.

If the holes are too "wide" meaning the don't line up w/ case holes width-wise of the rad (as opposed to lengthwise), then it could be that the shroud is not "folded" enough. Gently push each mounting "flange" (the trapezoidal part of the shroud with mounting holes) into the rad a bit more and see if they line up better.

At least, that's what was wrong with one of my MCR320.

No shroud used. Tried to start from the middle working my way out. All that did was bowed the panel. Easy fix, I'll just bore out the panel hole alittle.

Kibbler
05-08-2009, 05:50 AM
No shroud used. Tried to start from the middle working my way out. All that did was bowed the panel. Easy fix, I'll just bore out the panel hole alittle.Shroud meaning the outer metal shell of the rad. Not fan shroud.