PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Issue with the Bitspower X-Station Power-Extension I "Killing Fans"?

Brother Esau
05-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Ummm yea this thing is really nice but I notice that two of my brand new Yate Loons are dead now 4-5 days after hooking them up to this thing and also the 12v 3 Pin lead run the fans at slower RPM than normal also and we know that the 7v is slower even yet.

Please leave feed back about your personal experiences with the Bitspower X-Station Power-Extension I

I would Appreciate it.

Thank you

DarthBeavis
05-06-2009, 02:31 PM
No, i have many of them and never had a problem.

NaeKuh
05-06-2009, 02:31 PM
ahhhh i did not want to hear this as i just ordered one.

DarthBeavis
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Daywalker: Sixty plus fans connected to maybe 7-8 power stations = no dead fans (all Yate Loons)
DB Blade Rig: 24 fans on 3 power stations
Fletch Double-wide DD box: 20 fans on 3 power stations = no dead fans
DB MiniITX Torture Rack: 12 fans on 3 power station = no dead fans
. . .you get the point. I think you have a bad power station perhaps . . . .which is not speaking for the device in general.

Brother Esau
05-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm must have gotten a Faulty unit Darth :( Electrical I am no Expert at but shouldn't the Fans work when plugged into the 5v Headers???

I am thinking that they should but I get No nothing out of any of them at all even with Wire Pin out correct with the 5V lead so that 3 bad headers.

And the 4 on the 12v run really slow more like 7v and the 7v is slower yet.

One Fan on the 12v Burned out and one on the 7v burned out. I have a total of 6 fans 4 on the 12v 2 on the 7v and one Vantec HDD Cooler plugged into one of the molex thats it:confused:

NaeKuh
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Hmmmm must have gotten a Faulty unit Darth :( Electrical I am no Expert at but shouldn't the Fans work when plugged into the 5v Headers???

no..

some fans wont turn on @ 5V. They require a higher start voltage and will go down to 5V, but there are fans that dont work @ 5V.

Brother Esau
05-07-2009, 10:00 AM
no..

some fans wont turn on @ 5V. They require a higher start voltage and will go down to 5V, but there are fans that dont work @ 5V.

Thanks NaeKuh:) Figured that much but thank you for the insight like I said Electrical Guru I aint:D

Waterlogged
05-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Brother, did you sleeve the fans? It sound to me like you may have mixed up the wires if you did.

BP-Vincent
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Ummm yea this thing is really nice but I notice that two of my brand new Yate Loons are dead now 4-5 days after hooking them up to this thing and also the 12v 3 Pin lead run the fans at slower RPM than normal also and we know that the 7v is slower even yet.

Please leave feed back about your personal experiences with the Bitspower X-Station Power-Extension I

I would Appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi,

Products on Power-Extension series have extend the power to 12V/7V and 5V

You can make connection on all the output but please make sure the working voltage of the unit.

Any other question, please let me know.

Thanks

Brother Esau
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi,

Products on Power-Extension series have extend the power to 12V/7V and 5V

You can make connection on all the output but please make sure the working voltage of the unit.

Any other question, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi, Vincent
I am just thinking that this is defective and I need another one.

vinister
05-07-2009, 05:46 PM
its pretty much impossible for it to become defective, there are no 'electronics', just traces that bring the power around the board. If your 12V outputs don't measure 12V with a multimeter I would be checking the input voltage at the main power supply connector.

DarthBeavis
05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Try powering the fans independently on the PSU molex powering the Power Station.

lazy
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I just received this 2 weeks ago and am using it with yates also and have experience no problems.. yet...

Brother Esau
05-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I hav sunbeam 6 fan 12v 3pin power station I bought initially I will see if the fans run normal on that the wiring is custom made by me and its all uniform black to Black yellow to yellow red to red and the pin out is correct. I would needd to undo all of the wire management on one side in the Torture Rack which is involved but I am going to have to double check and see if its error on my part as it was a long day when I had finally finished the wiring so its possible I mad a over sight.