PDA

View Full Version : InnovaSET2 Large Capacity WaterCooling Kit (AMD)

r00t3d
08-06-2002, 01:07 PM
I'm am going to buy one of these InnovaSET2 Large Capacity WaterCooling Kit (AMD) with InnovaGraph-O-Matic tomorrow, but seriously how much more affective is it over normal cooling fans?

I have the Cheiftec Dragon case, and have 2 rear exhaust fans, and 1 front exhaust fan, would these still be needed if I get the watercooling kit?

Any help appreciated, thanks

IFMU
08-06-2002, 01:44 PM
The largest deal with water cooling is it typically will only cool what you have it set to cool. i.e. the cpu, gpd and maybe chipset.
You will still need at least SOME case air flow. Everything else needs some cooling as well. And its best to keep the air circulating in and out and all that. If nothing else just to keep it from building up heat and getting air to your video or whatever you dont have being cooled by the watercooling.

Entuscan
08-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes you have to keep casefans for optimal cooling
IFMU is right watercooling only cools a few items, but watercooling CPU & GPU will lower your casetemps.

Therefor if you get a WC setup for the lower noise then with AC; you should run your casefans at 7V (red and yellow wire) to lower their speed & sound. just enough to keep air flowing though your case, without the noise ;)

Oh yeah; I noticed you have 2 rear exhaust fans and 1 front exhaust. I recommend to make the front fan an intake fan (sucking air into the case) for optimal airflow

r00t3d
08-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Nice info chaps ;)

The front fan is sucking air into the case, and the rears fans are blowing it out ;)

I have seen people mention DangerDen for watercooling.. is that reccomended or should I stick to Innova?

I will be spending over £200 pound on the water cooling, so if someone can come up with a perfect system for watercooling, as to what parts I need, i'd really appreciate it.

The 2 sites I have found for the UK suppliers are www.over-clock.co.uk and www.extremecooling.co.uk

Cheers

Marci
08-07-2002, 02:17 PM
as long as u have a GF4 you'll be ok... we've run out of the none GF4 graph-o-matics at the mo!

r00t3d
08-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Marci
as long as u have a GF4 you'll be ok... we've run out of the none GF4 graph-o-matics at the mo!

I bought the entire kit from you today, expecting it tomorrow before noon :D

:banana: :banana: :banana: