PDA

View Full Version : Small Stereo for office: looking for recommendations

Rise
04-24-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm looking for a shelf stereo that I can play at my office. So the requirements I have is that it is small, looks nice, and can play both radio, mp3 CDs, and it's a plus if it can play an iPod or off some other USB device. Also, it must be able to play good quality music at low volumes!!

I'd also like to keep it under $100-$150 if possible. This is what I've found so far:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-MC235B-Mountable-Micro-System/dp/B000N64DB8/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240586949&sr=1-44

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-MCM275-Wall-Mountable-Shelf-System/dp/B000DZTDAK/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1240586949&sr=1-44

thoughts?? recommendations??

begrip
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Hehe on my office i got a NAD 325BEE and a couple of B&W DM685 maybe too high price but its nice ;). I have heard this Philips MC235B piece myself .... if you dont need it for something special i mean like you want good bass and so on. Then its a good piece for the price its very small which can be good got everything you need in a office, I can clearly say there is NO bass at all! but voices come out very clear i think :) im working on a store called Hifiklubben so i have heared just about everything. Thought in a office i dont like much bass most of my co-workers wouldnt like it ;)

Rise
04-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Hehe on my office i got a NAD 325BEE and a couple of B&W DM685 maybe too high price but its nice ;). I have heard this Philips MC235B piece myself .... if you dont need it for something special i mean like you want good bass and so on. Then its a good piece for the price its very small which can be good got everything you need in a office, I can clearly say there is NO bass at all! but voices come out very clear i think :) im working on a store called Hifiklubben so i have heared just about everything. Thought in a office i dont like much bass most of my co-workers wouldnt like it ;)

yeah and the MC235B looks the nicest I've seen so far. I think no bass = a good thing in the office anyway.

chinaguy
09-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Well I am old school and in my office I have a pair of Misson M30, with a Yamaha 45W sub. The amp is an old Cambridge Audio A1. I use my Creative Zen as the music source or my office PC.

I use to have a set of Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 and a NAD C325 but my BIG BOSS said it was to loud!