PDA

View Full Version : Major computer/gaming problems. Please help

MrEman
08-06-2002, 11:47 AM
Ok heres the story,

I was on here a while back trying to get my card to run smooth while I played CS. i dont know if it was the card or the computer.. but I was just trying to get the machine to run right.

Specs:

KX7-333[r] mobo - not raid though
AMD 2000 XP
GF4 TI4600
PC2700 512 mb ram

So one day, MrIcee told me to install in a certain order.. btw im running win2k.. so I installed win2k, sp2, via, directx, video, and so forth.. and I got into the game.. and it ran PERFECT.. I think I had FastSprites enabled also. But I would turn corners and the whole thing would run perfectly, I never changed any settings or anything and I ran the 29.42 drivers also. So I goto thecpl (lan tourney) and while im there, I shut of my computer went to lunch came back, and it was skipping like HORRIBLY.. so I waited till I got home, and when I did I reformated, now it just wont run the same as it use to.. sure in Q3 it does, and direct3d.. but in cs i run OpenGL and it just will not run smooth no matter what.. it just is hazy, and a little skippy and I dont know how to fix this.. this computer is basicaly brand new, I dont know what settings to try or anything..

I have fastsprites enabled, and im running it in DA mode 128 arp size. and so forth..

please give me input on how I can get my game to run smoothly...

thanks alot,
Jere

IFMU
08-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Ok first thought since it started once the system was moved is that you knocked something loose on the inside when moving it.
Maybe a video card cooling device? Not sure if youve got a different setup for cooling you video.

Id check inside and see if anything is loose or got damaged in the moving.

My first thought is that you might not be getting the cooling needed to the video. Not real sure.

Check the insides out and see if anything is loose or damaged.

MrEman
08-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Well,
It was working fine for a day or 2 at the tourney, then just 1 afternoon I went back over to my computer turned it on.. went into a game.. and it was skipping all over, keep in mind.. that was counter-strike.. if I quit out, and went into Q3... it ran perfectly.. but cs was skipping all over.. I dont understand :-\

IFMU
08-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Hmm maybe something in the CS install got curupted some how. Not to sure.
Luck to yea, Im not to much into software, let alone games. heh.

Smizack
08-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Have you tried re downloading OpenGL? Or you can try an OGL Tweak utility. (http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html)

Ahhh. that's teh wrong link.. I'm looking for it...

Anyway, you should check this (http://www.opengl.org/users/downloads/) out. It might give you some better pointers.

Smizack
08-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Also, what's your Anti aliasing set to? If it's forced try setting it to controll.