PDA

View Full Version : There shouldn't be any doubles on first page

calantak
08-06-2002, 10:53 AM
That's what I think, double scores by one person should be removed from page 1.

Entuscan
08-06-2002, 10:56 AM
Not always; If the score is by the same person but with a different setup I believe it should remain up.

But 3 times a score with the same system that's annoying I agree. The problem is that its laizyness on the submitters behalf, just unchecking the lower scores in the projects page solves the problem.

MrIcee
08-06-2002, 11:16 AM
Guys:)

I agree it is quite annoying when its submitted using the same system....especially by one particular guy I will not mention. He recently resubmitted an old score just ahead of mine on page 1..out of spite I assume:)

The best thing to do when viewing the first page or any page...is to choose "show only 1 project/user" from the last drop down menu. Its simple and shows only the highest score from each user...this is also the same method used for MO's Hall of Fame rankings. Don't let the multiple listings bother you..use the filter my friends:)

Randi:D

JCviggen
08-06-2002, 11:32 AM
my opinion, the maximum n° of entries should be 2 , if one is an AMD and the other an Intel score. 2, 3 intel scores on the front page by 1 man are a bit ... well... you know

But I guess then you could say "different vid cards" also.... and thats fine when there's a big performance gap, but with equal performing cards (like the Ti500/R8500 used to be) thats the same mess as ever

so like Randi says, just use the filter :)

Entuscan
08-06-2002, 11:32 AM
I didn't even know that there was such a filter :)
I think the majority doens't know about it either.

The problem is most people open the orb, and search for stock settings. no filters. And then say Oh that person is at the X place.

Especialy if the person that's beeing looked at is not on the first page, viewers do (X)users/page times Y pages and ad the place the person is on on his page.

With a few multiple entries by a few persons that makes a great difference in ranking.

not to mention keeping a few guys of page 1

Maranello
08-06-2002, 06:50 PM
ok.... im guilty :) i had 7

seriously.... i didnt know you could log in and "unpublish" them (n00b) .... i was wondering how to get the old ones i beat removed :)

down to only one now ..... the one that counts :D

N8
08-07-2002, 03:36 AM
Yea, I get frustrated sometimes when I see multiple scores. But, I do think there are times in which they are appropriate. Like 2 systems....or perhaps 1 air-cooled run and one water-cooled run...or different video cards. Use the filter, or just ignore them ;)