PDA

View Full Version : No more Silverstone TJ07 ???

Tigris STI
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Last night I came across some rumors on the net saying that Silverstone will discontinue their Temjin TJ-07 and is going to present its successor at Computex on 2-6.06.09 :confused: (How I wish it was a nightmare... :sofa:)
Any info / ideas ?

tuanster1119
04-20-2009, 03:46 PM
If it is true, the intriguing thing will be what they come out with next. If it's an entirely new case design, I wonder how long MuderMods can stick around.

Maxw
04-20-2009, 03:46 PM
If this is true I will have to get one...
Any link to the rumours?

dualbrain
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
If it is true, the intriguing thing will be what they come out with next. If it's an entirely new case design, I wonder how long MuderMods can stick around.

murderMod doesn't need a TJ07 forever :p:

lkiller123
04-20-2009, 03:58 PM

This is so true:rofl:

YMAA
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Hope the successor is worthy of having the TJ07 as a predecessor.

dualbrain
04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Lets see if it's the long anticipated copy or if they do a step back in terms of aesthetics when they design on their own like they did with the Fortress - in my personal opinion :) Will be interesting to see how creative this company is :)

breathemetal
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Id love to see a new "07"

jason str
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I really like that case but was never able to afford it, i guess my chances of owning one are dwindling. :dammit:

Tigris STI
04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Any link to the rumours?
Sorry, but it seems I've lost the link :shrug: If I find it again, I'll definitely post it here

...i guess my chances of owning one are dwindling
Agreed :yepp: but I'm still trying desperately to get my hands on one of these beauties

@all If you find any info on the topic, please share :wave:

LinusTech
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
The TJ07 is the best PC case ever made, but I imagine they will have to do something to bring the cost down a little bit. It's hard to build enough volume at that price point...

PaRn ssR
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Itchy
04-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Agreed, absolutely love this case. Never could really budget it in either. Used one for my mates build about 6months ago, and well, I was pretty darn impressed. And so much potential for modding. Just a shame that most sellers in Aus now have them at $450+ :eek:
Cant wait to see the replacement. If not Ill just have to stick to my plans of getting the TJ10, which is alot cheaper over here!

liguhy
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Last night I came across some rumors on the net saying that Silverstone will discontinue their Temjin TJ-07 and is going to present its successor at Computex on 2-6.06.09

:eek2::shocked::cussing::eek::mad::wth::shock: :censored: :shock2::brick::upset::cussing::nono:

Make a new one, fine, but don't :stick: with such a perfect case. It'll kill you just for trying!

Edit: While I don't care for the TJ10 and the Raven is absolutely insulting to the functional elegance of typical Silverstone cases, as long as they don't discontinue the TJ07, seriously look at all the professional-grade mods done to it, and keep it's key features (isolated lower radiator/hdd bay, unibody design, understated exterior design, etc) there's a LOT of potential for making a groundbreaking case by building on the TJ07. If they discontinue it or treat it like an out-dated product, however, be warned: :slash:!!!

redphil
04-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Necessary step. I mean, the TJ07 uses 92mm fans in the back. That's not the thing you can call state-of-the-art, isn't it?
And btw it's getting a bit boring with just the TJ07 cases everywhere.

Rasmus66
04-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Necessary step. I mean, the TJ07 uses 92mm fans in the back. That's not the thing you can call state-of-the-art, isn't it?
And btw it's getting a bit boring with just the TJ07 cases everywhere.

Not state of the art but it works fine;)

But it will be nice if silverstone wont to make a new Tj07 case:D

dr-
04-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Agreed, absolutely love this case. Never could really budget it in either. Used one for my mates build about 6months ago, and well, I was pretty darn impressed. And so much potential for modding. Just a shame that most sellers in Aus now have them at $450+ :eek:
Cant wait to see the replacement. If not Ill just have to stick to my plans of getting the TJ10, which is alot cheaper over here!

is it tt expensive in sydney? thinking of getting one for my rig later in the year a la murdermod. guess we gotta see wad silverstone has up in their sleeves with the update. the TJ07 is a lil' old, but it is still one of the nicest cases around.

Logos
04-21-2009, 05:02 AM

just what I was thinking. You got the guts and the talent to design your own case completely by the way ;)

Scubar
04-21-2009, 05:10 AM
Maybe Silverstone have decided to use the case design that the guy made on here. The one he rendered. He did say he had been contacted by a manufacturer interested in producing. I think that would be an awesome upgrade to the already great TJ-07. I would certainly purchase one.

Logos
04-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Maybe Silverstone have decided to use the case design that the guy made on here. The one he rendered. He did say he had been contacted by a manufacturer interested in producing. I think that would be an awesome upgrade to the already great TJ-07. I would certainly purchase one.
you're talking about Mick64's design project right? agreed, it's brilliant.

Scubar
04-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Yea thats the one. Certainly worthy of being a "new" TJ-07 type case.

tuanster1119
04-21-2009, 05:53 AM

we can only hope.

liguhy
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM

In case nobody knows, Mick64's project is the awesome Sketchup mods he's been doing to a TJ07
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217611

(I am right about this, right?)

Logos
04-21-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm new enough that I don't know all the people who make stuff, so anyone (maybe Mick64 even;)) care to fill me in and provide a link?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219974
(some stuff is missing, there were animations too)

breathemetal
04-21-2009, 08:49 AM
I love the tj07 but everyone seems to have one. to me, its a boreing and overused case now.
it is a great case, i just find no interest in it.
but id love to see a new silverstone flagship case.

No1451
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I love the tj07 but everyone seems to have one. to me, its a boreing and overused case now.
it is a great case, i just find no interest in it.
but id love to see a new silverstone flagship case.

I hate this mentality that something loses its cool once it's popular.

Either way, can't wait to see what the new case looks like.

breathemetal
04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
It just loses its cool TO ME. Im not saying that everyone has that mindset.

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
I hope they can stay with the good and get rid of the ...... wait what is bad about out it now exactly? :rofl:

seriously though they can probably make some good innovations on the chasis, as long as it doesnt end up looking like a raven....

Charles - do you have patents on the murdermod designs? or at least patent pending?

dualbrain
04-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Check out the pictures of the chinese car-exhibition which is happening at the moment ... and then you know if any patent on earth can stop Chinese / Taiwanese Manufacturers. Why they can never be on top? Because they are always behind - because they just copy.

At this car-show you see: 1:1 copies of Rolls Royce, Fords, Renaults, Mercedes etc. that go to the market. And additionally they just copy the logo-designs of the big car-manufacturers and just replace the wording :D

Patents and copyrights just work - a little bit - in our hemispheres :)

I truly believe, that the "new TJ" will not impress, because of compromises that need to be done because of target-sales-prices. Better grab an existing TJ, before the plastic comes :)

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-21-2009, 04:18 PM
True it is hard to own something. I too think they will be going for plastic and gimmicks :(

ILikeCosmosS
04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
the only thing i would see they are discontining is that guy who made his on watercooling case with a 480 at top +360 at the bottom
might have gotten the approval from silverstone to mass produce it

but i could be wrong

Logos
04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Lian-Li, Silverstone or Asus are Taiwanese brands as far as I know, and as far as people in this forum are concerned, including murdermod ;), nice those companies exist.

off topic: as to the car industry, I couldn't agree more. What Asia does is a shame. A shame for themselves first. They seem to be excellent at putting their pride aside, to make business at any cost.

orangekiwii
04-21-2009, 10:21 PM
I have the tj07 because its in the middle of a high traffic area

and it simply looks 10x better than any other case i've seen...

unless theres something truly revolutionary about the successor... and not just better cable management (dremel anyone?) then i'm fine with my tj07 as it is

echn111
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Check out the pictures of the chinese car-exhibition which is happening at the moment ... and then you know if any patent on earth can stop Chinese / Taiwanese Manufacturers. Why they can never be on top? Because they are always behind - because they just copy.

You guys either are very young or have short memories. They copy because that's the tried and proven strategy to take when you're building up your technology base. Look at Japan, who were basically accused of not being able to innovate when they effectively copied American designs for their knock off cars.

And even if we go back on topic (i.e. cases), exactly who do you think Lian-Li, Silverstone are copying from? You should actually be far more concerned that Western case makers are so far behind Asia already. American innovation in this area, as well as engineering in general, is minimal and a bit worrying.

Let's hope it doesn't go down the route of the American car industry...

Lian-Li, Silverstone or Asus are Taiwanese brands as far as I know, and as far as people in this forum are concerned, including murdermod ;), nice those companies exist.

off topic: as to the car industry, I couldn't agree more. What Asia does is a shame. A shame for themselves first. They seem to be excellent at putting their pride aside, to make business at any cost.

Business is about making money in the long term. And I'd be more concerned about American car industry is run as a "business", and I use the term in a very loose way here as it's certainly not a proper business model.

With it's massively overinflated costs, the symbiotic and parasitical approach the unions/politicans/management have used in running a once proud industry into the ground while using media manipulation, emotion and strong arm lobbying/anti-competitive measures to stay above water selling clearly inferior products, it should be held up as a public embarrassment to all Americans. :down:

Anyway, look forward to the TJ-07's successor.

dualbrain
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Were from?
Windy -> Lian Li

Japan might have adapted western designs, but their technology under the hood was always something with no doubt about it.
China "adapts" external designs but massively fails on the internal technology "under the hood". That is one big difference.

Thanks for the compliment about my age - and yes: I truly hope the "new TJ" will live up to highest expectations and it will be a totally revolutionary case. Because this is what we need: Innovation!

And if it surprisingly doesn't impress or is just a lookalike of other cases, there is always the chance for Apple to jump in with their next Case-Design :)

lkiller123
04-22-2009, 07:27 PM

At this car-show you see: 1:1 copies of Rolls Royce, Fords, Renaults, Mercedes etc. that go to the market. And additionally they just copy the logo-designs of the big car-manufacturers and just replace the wording :D

Patents and copyrights just work - a little bit - in our hemispheres :)

I truly believe, that the "new TJ" will not impress, because of compromises that need to be done because of target-sales-prices. Better grab an existing TJ, before the plastic comes :)

Me, myself being a Chinese is also ashamed of our own race. Being cheap and all. In school, we all have a stereotype of Asian for being "cheap." No lies, even to our own race, I think that we should stop being uncreative and really create something by using things that we are proud of, the Chinese tradition. Yes, the stereotype is unfair, as I can't say that all Asians are uncreative. Chinese have really unique things. Their language, their food, their literature, their clothing... Cannot count them all. It is a shame that Chinese need to copy others while they have their own pride, their own resources. Some of us can really be creative. As what Dualbrain said in one mail he sent to me.

"Technical skill can be learned, people with technical skill are not always creative. I always say: Better to see a picture that comes from heart than seeing a technical brilliant picture that expresses nothing and has no heart. A stickfigure can tell more than a photorealistic drawing :)"

Nils, you remember I am the person that asked for your draw for the Google logo right?

I hope that the new TJ will live up to its expectations and have a really unique new ideas for the art of computer casing:)

Logos
04-23-2009, 02:25 AM
that's off topic here, sorry about this in advance: one brand that has extremely disappointed me was Cooler Master.

The first time I saw a Cooler Master case was back in 2000 or 2001, in a retailer's shop in Germany. That also was the first time I saw a Lian-Li case. So that was in a shop and not online, I could very easily compare the two. While the Lian-Li was extremely functional (I think that was the first PC-60 or 70), the Cooler Master model (can't tell anymore which it was) was also pure aluminium, but with removable tray, and from a better quality than Lian-Li at the time. I mean the CoolerMaster was incredibly classy, it just looked beautiful. And when 2 or three years later I took a look at CoolerMaster website, I couldn't believe it was the same company :eek:...plastic everywhere, horrible shapes, while at the contrary, Lian-Li had improved their products. I browsed a hundred times the Cooler master site to find something that looked like what I once saw, in vain.

Entropicity
04-23-2009, 03:34 AM
About the China thing.

If there's one thing the Chinese are good at, its taking a proven design and mass producing it making it cheaper for the masses and at the same time reaping economies of scale and making a huge profit for themselves.

There is a huge market for people who just want the functionality sans the premium pricing placed on the quality.

Not saying its wrong or right. But dont be surprised if any of these Chinese copycats make more money than the original manufacturer.

Some people call them cheapskates, copycats and other derogatory terms. Others call them industrialists. :D

p.s. I am chinese but from Singapore where we see both sides of the equation.

Zaskar
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Were from?
Windy -> Lian Li

Ha, if you can tell me how to get a Windy case from Japan in the US and id buy it in a second. Its a shame they don't ship outside Japan.

Logos
04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
my god I never heard of these cases before, they're simply gorgeous :confused:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/fantome_02/1.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/fantome_02/2.jpg

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Last I hear windy is out of business and personally I think their case designs really arent any different than a good lian-li ...

Logos
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Last I hear windy is out of business and personally I think their case designs really arent any different than a good lian-li ...

don't tell me that I just hear for the first time about them today, and they're out of business ? would you have a link to confirm this, 'cause their site in Japan is on...
http://windy-online.com/
http://www.soldam.com/case/index.html

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I read it on overclock.net a while ago, a few months probably.

copyright on the website for soldam was last done in 2005 and the graph on their page about profits only goes to yr2000.....

Logos
04-23-2009, 09:39 AM
correct, now I wonder about the other site, if there was an English version of it, that would make things easier to find out...
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwindy-online.com%2F&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=eN&ie=UTF-8

they mention Corei7...can't be that old:

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/fantome_02/windycorei7.jpg

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-23-2009, 09:39 AM
http://www.soldam.com/company/index.html

Entropicity
04-23-2009, 11:36 AM
You guys dont wanna be messin with Soldam cases lol.

They cost twice as much as Silverstone's high end cases. However they are all pretty top notch quality and even higher than Lian Li in some cases, though they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

There's a joke we have about their name, something about being "So Damn" expensive :)

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-23-2009, 11:45 AM
ugh, why would you want that case?????. Ive just browsed their high end model and it looks pretty generic, small and with out any really good features and just an interesting build style.....

echn111
04-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Me, myself being a Chinese is also ashamed of our own race. Being cheap and all. In school, we all have a stereotype of Asian for being "cheap." No lies, even to our own race, I think that we should stop being uncreative and really create something by using things that we are proud of, the Chinese tradition. Yes, the stereotype is unfair, as I can't say that all Asians are uncreative. Chinese have really unique things. Their language, their food, their literature, their clothing... Cannot count them all. It is a shame that Chinese need to copy others while they have their own pride, their own resources. Some of us can really be creative.

LoL. If you're really Chinese, and not just a white guy out to make the Asians look silly, then you're a complete and utter embarassment to your own people saying such nonsense.

I suggest you either get a frigging backbone and stand up for your own people in a positive manner or shut up and leave it to others. And read up on your history as well as you sound pretty uneducated and unaware of how far ahead of everyone else your own people were until recent mistakes made in the last few centuries. Fortunately, as long as there aren't many of you backward types around, the right lessons have been learned, things are moving in the right direction, and and I expect things will be "back to normal" in a few short decades. 50 years at the most.

Anyway, yeah I want to see the next gen TJ-07 and really not too keen on them Windy cases.

dualbrain
04-24-2009, 01:05 PM
You're so agressive - I'm in shock :)
Isn't it that we all share one hobby and one world?
Some create, some copy, some lead, some follow, some pay humanly correct salaries, some don't, some treat people human when they work in factories, some don't.

You, me, they, we ... it's us - otherwise you never become a happy person.

I just hope that Silverstone gets better with quality control, because 6 out of my 7 TJ07 had imperfections (up to major flaws) that needed to be corrected in many hours.

sabe
04-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Ha, if you can tell me how to get a Windy case from Japan in the US and id buy it in a second. Its a shame they don't ship outside Japan.

You just need to PM elpibe on XS. He'll hook you up.

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
some hold countries in slavery and suppress their religion.... some dont :D :rofl::rofl::rofl:

echn111
04-24-2009, 01:35 PM
some hold countries in slavery and suppress their religion.... some dont :D :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, I agree. The Brit's would dispute the term "slavery" as propaganda; same with the religion thing;

But regardless, it's sold well in America. You could say the Americans have really just prolonged the suffering in their usual naive way by funding the Catholics, but it's a pretty complex situation and you can't say either the Protestants or Catholics are right.

They just shot down a couple of squaddies and a policeman a few weeks ago, so this just carries on even in 2009.

lkiller123
04-24-2009, 01:37 PM
LoL. If you're really Chinese, and not just a white guy out to make the Asians look silly, then you're a complete and utter embarassment to your own people saying such nonsense.

I suggest you either get a frigging backbone and stand up for your own people in a positive manner or shut up and leave it to others. And read up on your history as well as you sound pretty uneducated and unaware of how far ahead of everyone else your own people were until recent mistakes made in the last few centuries. Fortunately, as long as there aren't many of you backward types around, the right lessons have been learned, things are moving in the right direction, and and I expect things will be "back to normal" in a few short decades. 50 years at the most.

Anyway, yeah I want to see the next gen TJ-07 and really not too keen on them Windy cases.

To you, I might be uneducated. And yes, I admit that, because I'm just a little fourteen-year-old dissing my own race, right? Well, you probably didn't read everything that I wrote. I've never said that the Chinese is uncreative for the past centuries... Or you just misunderstood me?!

echn111
04-24-2009, 01:54 PM
To you, I might be uneducated. And yes, I admit that, because I'm just a little fourteen-year-old dissing my own race, right? Well, you probably didn't read everything that I wrote. I've never said that the Chinese is uncreative for the past centuries... Or you just misunderstood me?!

I understood everything you said very clearly; but you ain't got a clue what I really said.

Anyway, I did think you were, as you admit, dissing your "own" race. But now I realise you were not - and now that I understand, that's fine and even expected. You'll need to re-read this last sentence a few times to understand what it meant. No more on this topic from me. Nice bananas in your sig btw.

dualbrain
04-24-2009, 02:12 PM
You'll need to re-read this last sentence a few times to understand what it meant.

a way of saying: "you´re dumb" :down:

Logos
04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
yeah, this is just not the thread for it guys :rolleyes:...

e2ek
05-08-2009, 03:20 PM
.... back on topic :)

Has there been any further news about the TJ07 being phased out?

I am on the brink of buying a new case and knowing my luck Silverstone will release a replacement for the TJ07 about one week after buy a new case! :(

3Z3VH
05-15-2009, 07:20 AM
don't tell me that I just hear for the first time about them today, and they're out of business ? would you have a link to confirm this, 'cause their site in Japan is on...
http://windy-online.com/
http://www.soldam.com/case/index.html

I found this hilarious... finally, someone in this thread is saying they don't believe something without proof, and it isn't even about the original post ! Has ANYONE substantiated the rumor this thread put forth about the TJ-07 ? I still have a hard time believing Silverstone would kill one of their most popular models. It would be like Ford discontinuing the Mustang.

PaRn ssR
05-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Lian-Li PC-A20

MomijiTMO
05-16-2009, 09:52 PM
WTF don't tell me I need to go out and buy one =X

It can't go can it?

Why?

Why?

Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy eiiiiiiiiiiiieiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee

=[

Arthur
05-16-2009, 10:36 PM
That case was awesome with WC setups anyway. :up: Its so sad that rumor. :(

Logos
05-17-2009, 01:44 AM
I found this hilarious... finally, someone in this thread is saying they don't believe something without proof, and it isn't even about the original post ! Has ANYONE substantiated the rumor this thread put forth about the TJ-07 ? I still have a hard time believing Silverstone would kill one of their most popular models. It would be like Ford discontinuing the Mustang.

no it wasn't about the original post, because apart from what some builders do with the TJ07 (murdermods etc...) the case itself never really interested me. I subscribed to the thread here just to read the modders reactions, because their mods doe interest me (example: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222384 )

As to the TJ07 I guess one of these days Silverstone might replace it the way Lian-Li replaced the PC-V2000 with the 2010. It's got to happen when a case has been out for so long. So I agree they won't discontinue it, but they will probably modify it deeply.

ColonelCain
05-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Personally, I could care less if the TJ-07 went away. Don't get me wrong, I think that it is by far THE sexiest case I have EVER seen, but for $370? You might as well go MM for that price for cryin' out loud.