PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy D12SL-12

basserdan
03-18-2009, 09:38 PM
I thought I'd get 5 of these since they're well regarded for rad usage. I know there's supposed to be some cosmic alignment over Petra's for buying YL's. Is this really the case? I'd rather get em from here: http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html because they offer them with "open corners" - Petra's D12's appear to be closed. I'm not incapable or too lazy it's just this kind of modding is over-rated! I've done it before, pita(!), not very satisfying.

So, do I have to get Petra's YL's, or is this just fable?

Serpentarius
03-18-2009, 10:10 PM
there's a lot of issues on jab tech's yate loon fan ... use search

skinnee
03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I've been getting my YL's from Jab-Tech lately, shipping is quicker and less expensive for me. I see/hear no difference between the ones I have from Petra's versus the ones I get from Jab-Tech.

Serpentarius
03-18-2009, 10:14 PM
i guess mine is old news then :D

DarthBeavis
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
no love 4 Hank?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=22035
open corners and sleeved

WhiteFireDragon
03-18-2009, 10:19 PM
i just got a few yates from jab a week or two ago. the D12SH were the good curved blade ones, but the D12SL with orange blades were the inferior blade. just letting you know in case you were going to get the orange blades. those black D12SL i'm not sure.

basserdan
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
i just got a few yates from jab a week or two ago. the D12SH were the good curved blade ones, but the D12SL with orange blades were the inferior blade. just letting you know in case you were going to get the orange blades. those black D12SL i'm not sure.

Yeah, I was looking at the black blades.

basserdan
03-18-2009, 10:27 PM
no love 4 Hank?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=22035
open corners and sleeved

Sent 'ol Hank much love lately. I'll check it out, shipping is very fast, same state. Of course, tax applys, same state.

LOUISSSSS
03-18-2009, 11:02 PM
i just got my 3 x high speed yates from JT and they push lots of air for my MCR320. the motor is barely audible but i cannot complain for $3.60

i dont like the closed corners, but since my mcr320 came with long screws, all is fine so far

i sleeved the cables myself and shorted out one of the YL's cables, i performed some surgery on the fan + its cables and its up and running well now =)

go for jab-tech's YL's the price for PT's aren't worth it, they cost nearly 75% more for a rumored small difference.

Vapor
03-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Anybody remember analogies from standardized testing? :p:

PTS Yate : DDC :: Jab-Tech Yate : DDC Clone (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220712)

This was confirmed about a month ago via teardown: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5992957&posted=1#post5992957

Nothing has changed since I tested them except the non-PTS Yates look more and more like PTS Yates externally. Jab-Tech's Yates come from the same source as P-PC's et al's.

Want more proof they're not the same fan without taking them apart? Buy both and check voltage to RPM scaling ;)

Yes, non-PTS Yates are fans and do move air...but if you're looking for fans worth your money (yes, even $4), look away from the J-T/PPCs Yates :(

LOUISSSSS
03-19-2009, 12:32 AM

PTS Yate : DDC :: Jab-Tech Yate : DDC Clone (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220712)

This was confirmed about a month ago via teardown: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5992957&posted=1#post5992957

Nothing has changed since I tested them except the non-PTS Yates look more and more like PTS Yates externally. Jab-Tech's Yates come from the same source as P-PC's et al's.

Want more proof they're not the same fan without taking them apart? Buy both and check voltage to RPM scaling ;)

Yes, non-PTS Yates are fans and do move air...but if you're looking for fans worth your money (yes, even $4), look away from the J-T/PPCs Yates :(

but are the PTS Yates worth 50% more than the JT Yates?
they're $3.20 compared to $5 which is 150% of JT's Yates.

how aren't $3.20 120mm fans worth my money and how are $5 fans that are nearly identical (to 99.9% of people that dont own testing hardware) worth it?

Vapor
03-19-2009, 12:38 AM
If you're happy with your purchase, that's all that matters :)

basserdan
03-19-2009, 03:00 AM

THE authority on all things fan has spoken :yepp:

Petra
03-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Jab-Tech's Yates come from the same source as P-PC's et al's.

Incidentally, the fans from that particular source are less expensive than us ordering directly from Yate Loon... which is why JT can undercut us so deeply. Obviously volume has a bit to do with that, but I figured I'd just throw it out there.

Waterlogged
03-19-2009, 08:45 AM

Vapor..again, thank you for this very informative post on YL's. I was starting to have doubts if there were any differences anymore and this post cleared up those doubts. :up: If I ever need a shroud, I'll buy J-T YL's, but if I need a fan...it'll be from Petra's. :yepp:

jab-tech
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Incidentally, the fans from that particular source are less expensive than us ordering directly from Yate Loon... which is why JT can undercut us so deeply. Obviously volume has a bit to do with that, but I figured I'd just throw it out there.

When I talked directly to YL they offered me pricing 15% less than I purchase in CA from proten. Of course this entire 15% is more than eaten up in shipping and there is no guarantee what fan we'd be getting. The only choice they offered was length of cable. :cool:

Sparky
03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I still find it weird that there are all these variations of YL fans out there, knockoffs or not... Just seems strange that one of the cheapest fans out there would have knockoffs :wth:

Eddie3dfx
03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
no love 4 Hank?
open corners and sleeved

Not after what I've experienced when it comes to missing parts and absolutely horrible customer service.
It's like the NY chop shop of watercooling.

jab-tech
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I still find it weird that there are all these variations of YL fans out there, knockoffs or not... Just seems strange that one of the cheapest fans out there would have knockoffs :wth:

The whole knock off thing is BS, I have proof including shipping documents on where my fans orignate. If they were knock off, and I have been selling them for over 4 years I am confident they would have sued me and the distributor into oblivion by now.

Eddie3dfx
03-19-2009, 09:49 AM
The whole knock off thing is BS, I have proof including shipping documents on where my fans orignate. If they were knock off, and I have been selling them for over 4 years I am confident they would have sued me and the distributor into oblivion by now.

I 2nd this.

I picked up many yates from you guys and absolutely no problems what-so-ever.

Closed Corner, same fins as petras. No Noise and works perfectly fine. Pretty much silent at 1200 and below.

gillbot
03-19-2009, 10:02 AM
I 2nd this.

Closed Corner, same fins as petras. No Noise and works perfectly fine. Pretty much silent at 1200 and below.

+2,

I just tire of this same old debate. People feel the need to preach their agenda though.

My Jab-Tech yates work just fine, if you want to pay 2x more then have at it.

jab-tech
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I 2nd this.

There is no doubt that many people like the fans, they are cheap. The motor on the SL and SM is different than the PTS motor, I've known this for a long time and have a stack of PTS fans of all types and dates here. Our SH has the larger motor, just like the original straight bladed fans we had a couple years ago. I was going to take up the issue of motor with YL but have been sidetracked by quite a few other projects lately. I may end up buying a couple boxes directly from YL and see exactly what they send. I am pressed for time though and this thing has been going on for 2 years so an extra few weeks isn't going to make much differance.

Also anyone in Europe who have recently purchased fans from Europe, crack one open, I'd love to see what YL are sending to there Euro Distributor.

LOUISSSSS
03-19-2009, 10:26 AM
so is it confirmed that Jab-Tech's High Speed 120x25mm Yate loons have the larger motor and that they are the only type of YL High speed fan sold (either by PTS or JT?

Petra
03-19-2009, 10:29 AM
When I talked directly to YL they offered me pricing 15% less than I purchase in CA from proten. Of course this entire 15% is more than eaten up in shipping and there is no guarantee what fan we'd be getting. The only choice they offered was length of cable. :cool:

Interesting... our contact gives us all sorts of configuration options and covers shipping, but the fans end up costing more than they would if purchased through Proten. I just love how inconsistent these companies are... :rolleyes:

DarthBeavis
03-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Interesting... our contact gives us all sorts of configuration options and covers shipping, but the fans end up costing more than they would if purchased through Proten. I just love how inconsistent these companies are... :rolleyes:

what kind of options do you have? Any different color options than blue and black? I will be honest, I still do not trust you after seeing video of you dunking all your stock in Fluid XP under full load to see if you could break 3dmark06 records with immersed components . . . .I just do not think you are all there bud ;)

Petra
03-19-2009, 10:56 AM
what kind of options do you have? Any different color options than blue and black?
They'll do the blue, black, and clear plastics for us without requiring huge quantities and have said that, if the quantity is high enough, they'll do whatever color we want (red, green, etc.). Aside from that, there are various LED color options, a couple different hub support designs, and a couple different blade designs. Never gave us the option of open-cornered frames, though...

I will be honest, I still do not trust you after seeing video of you dunking all your stock in Fluid XP under full load to see if you could break 3dmark06 records with immersed components . . . .I just do not think you are all there bud ;)
:ROTF:

axis
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
so is it confirmed that Jab-Tech's High Speed 120x25mm Yate loons have the larger motor and that they are the only type of YL High speed fan sold (either by PTS or JT?

The ones examined and tested on OCF showed them to be the same.

Axis

NaeKuh
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
no love 4 Hank?
open corners and sleeved

sourced to use 80mm fan motors DB. (meh, i was meaning the non led versions, i dont know about the LED versions).

Avoid open corner non led yates tho.

thats probably why john got rid of all of them.

Petra's DSL's are probably the best. And this was last tested earily this year. Was shown to be identical to nexus fans, and slightly different from jab-tech's fans.
(but there both great fans, i use both jab-tech's DSH's and petras DSL's).

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5993018#post5993018

Sidewinders, PPC, and Frozencpu and jab-tech i believe have the same yate dealer, alex (petra) is the odd ball in the vendor catigory. :rofl:

However john can be carrying the 901's now as he probably goes though more yates then petra's does.

Only problem is petra's goes though DSL's very fast, so you need to make sure you get them when there in stock. (and yes there in stock!)

Petra's yate dealor is different from all the other vendors dealers, so.. thats why his yates are slightly different.

Devil_Dog
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Glad saw this before I orderd.

Petra: Just ordered some from you minutes ago. Do have once question. Do you ever get the 120x20mm yates?

Thanks

Vapor
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM

AxisI'd put good money down saying they're not the same in the end....simple voltage vs. RPM testing should shed some light without needing any special equipment :shrug:

I could be wrong....but judging by how different they are across the rest of the line, I can't see the SH being the same :eh:

SHs weren't the same when I tested previously, that's for sure.

NaeKuh
03-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Axis

check my link, the newest one says its not.

But as i said, john can be carrying the 901's. (production date 2009 January) <--- kinda reminds me of CAT Drivers.

It comes down to the model number, if in doubt, just email john or alex, there extremely helpful and friendly.

Petra
03-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Glad saw this before I orderd.

Petra: Just ordered some from you minutes ago. Do have once question. Do you ever get the 120x20mm yates?

Thanks

We could get some with our next order but would have to order at least a case or two... what are you guys using 'em for that requires such a small difference in thickness?

Devil_Dog
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
We could get some with our next order but would have to order at least a case or two... what are you guys using 'em for that requires such a small difference in thickness?

I don't think most will not use them. I needed some for a build that I have that needs a few thinner fans for tight spot.

Keep an eye on my build log and you'll see what/why I need them for.

Factotum
03-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Petra
I bought D12SM-12 from PTS.
my Scythe KAZE MASTER monitoring max 1440RPM
IMO it's not 70.5 CFM, where the difference between SM and SL? :shakes:

LOUISSSSS
03-20-2009, 12:10 PM
i got my YL 120x25mm Low Speed fans from NCIXUS.com today. They were red blade/black frame. The motor did have a hum to it. defiantly louder motor than the High Speed 120mm YL's i just got from JT.

They came semi-sleeved (no zip tie or heatshrink at the ends) at least, in a box, with 3->4 pin adapter + fan screws.

guess i'll stick to the YL High speed fans everywhere from now on.

Vapor
03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Petra
I bought D12SM-12 from PTS.
my Scythe KAZE MASTER monitoring max 1440RPM
IMO it's not 70.5 CFM, where the difference between SM and SL? :shakes:I've never found much of a difference between SL and SM in terms of airflow/RPM :shrug:

(ignore the red/yellow/green coding and letter grades, this image is from a thread a couple years ago....grades are subjective noise and the colors were whether or not I was going to use them in my build)
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/69/fanbinninggk2.png

Factotum
03-20-2009, 12:39 PM
thx Vapor
YT like roulette :hitself:

Martinm210
03-21-2009, 06:43 AM
I second the Petra's curve bladed fans. The slight curve to the blades makes a measurable difference in how much pressure they can produce.

A least the few I've played with have, RPM per RPM the curve bladed fans performed better.

BiNGE
03-21-2009, 09:30 PM

+X I just received replacement H models from jab-tech and they are the same as the ones I bought previously from Petras. Both e-tailers are great to purchase from.

Nickel020
03-22-2009, 02:53 AM
I just took apart a D12SL that I bought mit-2008 at aquatuning.de. It seems to be a mix of the Jab-Tech and PTS Yates. It has a big motor but the motor has a different color. The fan blade design looks like the Jab-Techs though :confused:

I think Yate Loon has different production plants and depending on where you order you get fans from a different factory. Since factories were probably built at different times slight modifications to the design might have been made to cut costs, like the different motors (smaller motor = lower cost).

PS: No photos atm since my camera is broken :(

ILikeCosmosS
03-22-2009, 03:37 AM
is there a red led yate medium yate i can get ?

Nickel020
03-22-2009, 06:02 AM
If you like red, then you should consider the red & black Enermax Magma (1500 RPM @12V), it's the best fan I've ever had. It pretty much has no bearing noise, and no clicking whatsoever (I have 11 of these from 4 different dealers). At ~500 RPM all my Noctuas, Yate Loons, Scythes (S-Flex and Slipstream) and my Papst pale in comparison to this fan :)
It starts at 3V, but at 3.5V it still runs at 600-650 RPM, so you need a good fan controller if you want to run it very low.

It's also pretty cheap and comes with maybe the best silicone grommets I've ever had, soft but still durable (unlike the great Xthermal ones that are soft but break pretty often).

Enermax needs to release this fan in a 1200 RPM version, that would be a great all-round fan.

Tom128
03-22-2009, 06:19 AM

I would have ordered 2-4 20mm 120's/140's on my last order if you had them. They are the only fans that fit under the mesh of a CM690 case, and do help slightly in some tight spots for me personally :up: