PDA

View Full Version : Evga X58 EK waterblocks

Eddie3dfx
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm going to pickup this board tomorrow (unless you guys somehow talk me into another board that also has blocks for it)

Anyhow, frozen is out of the Ek Blocks for this board. Does anyone know who has these in stock or the eta on this? They are sexy.. damn sexy :bananal::bows:

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/main/ex-blc-591_3.jpg

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/main/ex-blc-591.jpg

Garrett
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Ehhhhhh....... Eddy himself? LOL

Mark90
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM
do they come in acetal?

shazza
03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Eddie ... I don't see them in stock anywhere - maybe email the e-tailers who carry EK blocks, or as has been suggested - order direct from EK. The shipping costs have prevented me from doing that in the past.

Re the EVGA X58 board. I can't talk you out of it. Much prefer it to my ASUS P6T Deluxe. I think it's a great choice, and EVGA support is also worth something.

Eddie3dfx
03-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Eddie ... I don't see them in stock anywhere - maybe email the e-tailers who carry EK blocks, or as has been suggested - order direct from EK. The shipping costs have prevented me from doing that in the past.

Re the EVGA X58 board. I can't talk you out of it. Much prefer it to my ASUS P6T Deluxe. I think it's a great choice, and EVGA support is also worth something.

Ah, Glad you mentioned that Shazza. Was deciding on the asus p6t, or p6t deluxe vs the evga.
The blocks make my choice easier :) evga it is.

Mark, they also come in acetal :up:

ballzD33P
03-16-2009, 10:14 AM
i'm in the same spot as you

IMO, the bitspower black freezer is ffffffffugly

email response from eddy (prompt as always :up:) about the evga x58 block set.

Hi!
Performance PC's and Frozen cpu wil be the first two to have it.
Best regards, Eddy

so it looks like were playing the waiting game....:down:

Solarfall
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
do they come in acetal?

yes and it looks sexy as hell.. the real question is that do you "really" need one.

http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/images/EK-FB-EVGA-KIT-Acetal.jpg

http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_32&products_id=367&osCsid=a87366eb0cc6e3643ec731d648f76e45

SAE
03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Sexy... I dunno if I'll need them though. If there's gonna be a classified w/out nf200 I'll possibly switch over, but if not - those are the blocks to buy. But usually it takes a long time to get something like that here in Germany (yeah, there's Anfi-Tec... but I like these EK more).

Garrett
03-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Well I've got them now... they really look as badass as on the pic :)
I also have a 2nd mosfet block from EK, the acrylic version, that one will go on sale.
Just like the Bitspower mosfet block for this board... will also go on sale :)

Eddie3dfx
03-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Well I've got them now... they really look as badass as on the pic :)
I also have a 2nd mosfet block from EK, the acrylic version, that one will go on sale.
Just like the Bitspower mosfet block for this board... will also go on sale :)

I assume you stepped up to the classified :yepp:

NaeKuh
03-16-2009, 04:03 PM
yes and it looks sexy as hell.. the real question is that do you "really" need one.

U know what ive been asking myself that question lately.

Ive been comparing my board temps with others with gpu blocks.

My NB doesnt go higher then 30C, my mosfets stay at 51C. I dont see them move at all, i got a nice fan hitting the mosfet and board.

When looking at FB block / board temps, i dont see any big improvment.

Umm my P6T is another story, i saw a noticable 15-20C decrease the moment i slapped that puppy on.

ILikeCosmosS
03-16-2009, 04:06 PM
ahh i still with p6t deluxe even though the blocks are sold out
i would buy evga x58 but there is no x1 slot at the beggining

hey naekuh are those bp blocks for p6t deluxe good?

shazza
03-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Do you really need one?

I'd say definitely not, for the NB. For the Mosfets ... I think it helps. I saw temps in the 70s ... even creeping into the 80s (degree C) while on air when at 100% Load. It definitely helps if you have a fan blowing across the Mosfets. Under water, I'm not seeing a huge diff at idle and low loads - maybe 10 degrees or so, (mid 40s vs mid 50s at stock settings). But, the delta under load is about 10 degrees (or less) under water.

With the EVGA board, it's nice to be able to jettison the NB fan and the EVGA mosfet heatsink. Also, I need my fan to exhaust. So - not absolutely necessary for most of us, but not a bad addition either.

Garrett
03-16-2009, 04:25 PM
No, the classified can kiss my butt... I think I would be eligible for step up, since I bought the EVGA X58 on Dec. 30 but I couldn't care less... I've seen that most guys need to step up and pay almost $200 on top of their original board...
Kind of hard to justify right?
It's not like my cpu is going to clock 200mhz higher all of a sudden... and the 1% boost in 3d isn't going to cut it either, some tests are even lower due to the nf200 chip...

So no thanks... I'll keep this board, even if I didn't have this board I still would not get the classified... the price should be classified omg... :down:

Eddie3dfx
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Just a friendly reminder.
These are in stock at frozen cpu!
I went with a different board, but for those of you that want the blocks, they are now in :up:

NaeKuh
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
No, the classified can kiss my butt... I think I would be eligible for step up, since I bought the EVGA X58 on Dec. 30 but I couldn't care less... I've seen that most guys need to step up and pay almost $200 on top of their original board...

190ish.

And no is not a bad board. Its a top tier board, has dual 8 pin power connectors, full voltera mosfets, and handles uber high memory clocks in its sleep.

The board is also EATX.
Check the price on enterprise boards if you think its overpriced.

Its not meant for everyone, but people who want the best. :up:

hey naekuh are those bp blocks for p6t deluxe good?

No comment on bitspower.
I think we even lost the vendor support who went to R3's forum.

I havent seen vincent post in a long while.

RobinL
03-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Just a friendly reminder.
These are in stock at frozen cpu!
I went with a different board, but for those of you that want the blocks, they are now in :up:

Are you from EK waterblocks Eddie?

Why not make a good waterblock for the Gigabyte UD5. I think its hardly needed for that board, because the stock sink hardly sucks.:down:

Eddie3dfx
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Are you from EK waterblocks Eddie?

Why not make a good waterblock for the Gigabyte UD5. I think its hardly needed for that board, because the stock sink hardly sucks.:down:

no, I dropped the y and switched to ie when I turned 11 :rofl::ROTF:

Garrett
03-19-2009, 04:30 PM
lol Eddie :p:

NaeKuh I know... maybe, just MAYBE I might have bought it when I didn't have an X58 board yet... but I'm quite happy with my "vanilla" EVGA X58 board, sure the Classified is a kickass board, no doubt, but I'm not going to milk everything out of it simply because I'm only (only lol...) on water, I have never done and probably WILL never do phasechange, TEC etc. etc...

But sure if you got the cash to spend, it's (one of) the best to buy today :)

RobinL
03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
no, I dropped the y and switched to ie when I turned 11 :rofl::ROTF:

donkey :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::rofl: