PDA

View Full Version : If any of you have a vibrating pump........

fart_plume
03-15-2009, 09:17 AM
If any of you have a vibrating Laing d5 style pump I have located the problem why they vibrate. It seems the ceramic bearing in the impeller in my was not installed correctly at the factory and this throws the impeller off to onside destroying it's balance.

One of the telltale signs is scrape marks on the metal part of the motor housing where the impeller sits.

I would kind of like to get some input on how many of these pumps have this problem, so if you have a laing d5 typ pump that is vibrating please post here. Maybe we can get a line for replacement impellers to correct this problem.

Ozzfest05
03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I have never had a problem with D5's just the D4's making noise and vibrations aftermarket top could help with noise dampening

Power_VANO
03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
My D5 is silent one too.

fart_plume
03-15-2009, 11:39 AM
my other d5 is silent also, But I know for a fact this bearing is installed incorrectly as it is sitting at a 30* angle to the axis of the support shaft.(I'd get a pic but my camera won't focus on it good enough for posting.)

Anyway I found a laing wholesaler near me so I'm going to see if i can get parts and possibly pumps for wholesale.

fart_plume
03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Tried that, the way it is assembled doesn't allow for any movement and being ceramic I'm afraid it'll shatter. so it's just easier to find a different impeller.(I found a laing wholesaler near me, so maybe parts and pumps cheaper.)