PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Storm(9530) or Curve(8330)

Grnfinger
03-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Mods if this is in the wrong sections please move it

work is upgrading my phone this week.
I have 2 models to choose from

The backberry storm or curve.

Whats the better phone? I'm still using a Sony Ericcson so I'm kinda out of the loop on this topic.

Macadamia
03-15-2009, 07:43 AM
If you think you can get used to the Suretype press keyboard, Storm for sure.

I got used to my Touch Diamond touch-only keyboard in 2 days, which is pretty fast :D

The 8330 is a little long in the tooth and is much less multimedia oriented (although it does have the basics)

Worthy
03-25-2009, 07:55 AM
I got used to the keyboard on my storm in only a few days.
It's the best phone i have ever owned. I had no problems with it working this weekend when I was in mexico either.
The data and everything was just fine. And the camera was great for taking pictures and videos.

MomijiTMO
03-25-2009, 01:45 PM
There is a known issue with some Storms where the lower half of the screen stops clicking requiring you to push harder. A few fellas on Whirlpool ended up not being able to use the bottom of the phone.

I have a touch phone. I'm fine with touch interfaces but I do prefer physical keys. I'd get the Curve.

jerreece
03-25-2009, 02:10 PM
I'd go for the Storm myself. Don't have one yet, but would like to. As was mentioned above, the Curve is an older phone. Personally, I like the touch screens. I've been using a Palm Treo (700wx Win Mobile) for almost 2 years now and still enjoy it.

There will be some "getting used to" with either phone for you though. Both being a BlackBerry, you'll have to get used to a new GUI either way.

Of the two though. I'd rather have the more up to date, fancy Storm. :)

Played with one once. The text/typing thing is something to get used to. But I can say it takes good pictures too! I was impressed, considering my Palm Treo takes God awful images. Even for a cell phone...

MomijiTMO
03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
It's nicer and all but I hate the Storm's screen.

Go try it. That's the best way.

EDIT : Why not the new Curve?

alphadog009
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
depends what you do... for mobile email and stuff the curve is better for that kinda stuff... although i say those keys may actually take longer to get used to cuz sometimes if you push a key a little bit off your gonna hit another button by accident, which can get annoying. If your like an extreme user whos always on their phone then for ease of use i say storm. My final vote goes to the storm just cuz its something different.... actually my vote would go to iphone but thats not an option is it? too bad...:(

inCore
05-04-2009, 03:28 AM
The new Curve is amazing. A Storm isn't a Blackberry, it's RIM's try to become more mainstream friendly. The Curve has everything that you want from a Blackberry, minus the 3G. However, the Storm doesn't have WiFi which I find close to offensive. If you have a Blackberry, you really need the full keyboard that practically all models offer.

Warboy
05-04-2009, 06:51 AM
The Storm's "fake" tocuhscreen annoys me. That why I have a HTC TouchPro, But I would say go with the curve.

mackey
05-27-2009, 05:57 AM
I just bought the curve (8330) and love it. It is much better than my older smart phones (treo etc.).

You really can't go wrong with either it is going to come down to personal preference. I personally like the curve because of the qwerty keyboard and the actual feel of the keys compared to the storm.

There have been talks of the typing freezing on the storm once and a while and causing some headaches but this is only what I have heard.

If you are heavy on media go with the storm
If you are heavy on text/sms/email go with the 8330.

Best way to figure it out is to try them out at the store.

trans am
05-27-2009, 11:13 AM
storm blows. My friend dave has it and as soon as I got the new curve he wanted to send the storm back.

pvtdonuts
05-27-2009, 12:22 PM
do NOT get the storm, it is possibly the worst blackberry ever. The click-screen is useless, more of a nuisance than anything, it lags bad, and its pretty big too. The curve would be the best choice for something dependable and especially if it's for work, where you don't want anything gimmicky. The Storm 2 is coming out soon and they got rid of the click-screen on that already, goes to show how bad of an idea that really was.