PDA

View Full Version : Core i7 / GTX295 Rad Configuration (Dual/Triple/Quad etc)

eponymous
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Just a simple poll.

I'm interested to see what people reccomend.

This is for LOW speed fans only 1200RPPM/~50CFM. :)

hotdun
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Mcr320

eponymous
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Mcr320

LOL! Hadn't even finished making the poll and one keen person was straight in :D

theseeker
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Single loop, Feser 120.4 and done!

hotdun
03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
My bad, didn't realize this was an actual poll. My vote goes for single loop with an MCR320 sandwich...

eponymous
03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
My bad, didn't realize this was an actual poll. My vote goes for single loop with an MCR320 sandwich...

No problem. :) Thanks.

Vapor
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Single loop, as much radiator as you can fit (dual quads, quad + triple, dual triples, etc.)

And what's with all the threads/polls? :stick:

Brother Esau
03-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Single loop, as much radiator as you can fit (dual quads, quad + triple, dual triples, etc.)

We are trying to see if you can get the Pig to Sing:D

eponymous
03-11-2009, 03:23 PM

The polls on here seem like an excellent way to judge trends and what people most commonly use.

They're very useful, plus I think they are concise :)

I've maybe gone a little overboard, but I guess others will find them useful too.

I'll try and limit myself now though.

Vapor
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I know others have said this in your other threads....but if you're asking all these questions because you don't know what you're doing, then you need to be reading more.

Everything a beginner needs to know is here in spades. Making a thread or poll for each small question you have is really doing a disservice to yourself since you're not actually learning the basics or the fundamentals. :(

If it were just one or two of these questions that you were 'stuck' on as you finish the plans for a build, that's one thing. But there seem to be a couple every day; it's clear that slowing down and more reading is necessary. If you had been reading, you'd have been able to answer some of these questions yourself without hesitation.

theseeker
03-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I know others have said this in your other threads....but if you're asking all these questions because you don't know what you're doing, then you need to be reading more.

Everything a beginner needs to know is here in spades. Making a thread or poll for each small question you have is really doing a disservice to yourself since you're not actually learning the basics or the fundamentals. :(

If it were just one or two of these questions that you were 'stuck' on as you finish the plans for a build, that's one thing. But there seem to be a couple every day; it's clear that slowing down and more reading is necessary. If you had been reading, you'd have been able to answer some of these questions yourself without hesitation.

+1:up:

adpr_02
03-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Just do what I did to get amazing results: 2 loops.

Cpu loop has the single rad on the exaust of the case, and mcr320 (soon to have its stackable brother)

GPU loop has it's own mcr320.

Overkill yes, but can I OC my Q6600 to 3.8ghz and have the whole system with fans at 800rpm? Hell yes!

eponymous
03-12-2009, 06:18 AM

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been researching and reading for months now, but that won't tell you what the general consensus is regarding certain topics...

I like to make my own decisions based on what I've read and then poll to see if other people agree with said decision or not.

A lot of times, I'll state what I am planning to use based on the large amount of reading I do, only to be told to use another method or another method, because the stated article/information is out of date now etc.

Sorry if I have caused some problems :( You've kinda thrown a curveball at me now and I'm starting to doubt everything I've learned from these forums. I thought I was almost at the point where I could buy the stuff, but after what you said I'm starting to doubt/question everything :(

Can you suggest some good threads/articles I can read to further my understanding?

Thanks.

eponymous
03-12-2009, 07:51 AM
P.S. I hope I haven't caused any bad feelings with members. I guess I did get a little carried away with the posting, but it's always the case with something new, especially when you are spending lots of money :)

I guess I tend to doubt my own judgments even when I've researched a lot and think I have made the right choice. Then I ask the community to make sure I haven't made a mistake (which could end up wasting money).

Hopefully you can help me by pointing me to places where I can read up on what I need to know about watercooling (as a relative newcomer) and then I can check to make sure I am considering everything when I make my decisions.

shazza
03-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm with Andy ... you ultimately just have to dig in and give it a go. I don't think your issue is lack of research - maybe too much research and analysis :). It's understandable, as this can be quite daunting when you first start out. The main thing is, don't be afraid to make a few mistakes, and also realize some of the differences between components that people debate here are ultimately not going to make a big impact on performance.

I feel your pain ... I just stared at the parts for my first rig for over a week when they arrived. Then I almost put the boxes away and gave up. Then ... I spent another week or two doing a dry run/ mock up of the loop layout. It was scary. It's very rewarding when you get your first rig built, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the process!

eponymous
03-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys :) You've helped me a lot :)

eponymous
04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Just as a follow up guys:

I've just got together my final parts list for what I think is the best stuff for my situation based on the reading I've done of reviews/tests/benchmarks/various guides/posts and was wondering what to do next...

Basically, so I can be totally sure, is there a checklist of points you should be able to check off before you go ahead and buy so you know you've made the right decision on your products? i.e. Questions you can answer without hesitation or points that you have considered so you know how sure you are that the things you are getting are what you really want?

I'm ultimately just going to dive in and try as you said, but it dosn't hurt to see if there is anything else I should know.

Also, as a guide for putting the watercooling system together, I was going to use the Swiftech guide on the Swiftech website. Is this a good idea?