PDA

View Full Version : Bitspower DDC Mini Water Tank top?

Taylor01
03-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any info on this res. top. I want to know if it will increase the performance of the DDC pump like most other tops do, but with it being a res. top will it hurt performance. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=318&products_id=22629

Sy[N]tH
03-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Due to a lack of reviews on this top, I actually bought one, and here are my thoughts on it :

- Very nice design and esthetics
- inlet & outlet front and back, which could come handy for loop design
- Without having tested it scientifically, performance seemed decent (even with the sponge in the reservoir)

However...

- I couldn't get it to stop leaking from the top (screw-in cap)
- the reservoir is a lot smaller than the XSPC res-top

...and finally, it's sitting on a shelf !

sabe
03-11-2009, 07:16 AM
I used a very large spanner to close the top (it has a HEX shaped grip area) and it never leaked for me :)

There used to be a review on a german or dutch website on it and its performance is on par with the XSPC restop.

Sy[N]tH
03-11-2009, 07:17 AM
I used a very large spanner to close the top (it has a HEX shaped grip area) and it never leaked for me :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a spanner?

RubberDuck
03-11-2009, 07:27 AM
tH;3709862']Pardon my ignorance, but what's a spanner?

Another word for a crescent wrench.

Taylor01
03-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Now does a plain top have better performance over a res. Top I at one point had a Petra top which was great but I think I want a res. Top for my next build and the xspc is too tall.

scamps
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
You will find a nice review of HESmelaugh here: http://www.dexgo.com/index.php?site=artikel/view.php&rubrik=Hardware&id=325
In german language, so use the google-translator. Unfortunately it is not longer available in Germany, otherwise I would have already tried it :D

exemay
03-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Now does a plain top have better performance over a res. Top I at one point had a Petra top which was great but I think I want a res. Top for my next build and the xspc is too tall.

as far as i know there is NO difference in preformance between having a top, or having a res top (obviously preformance differes between makes) the nice thing about having a res top is that the pump wont ever run dry because there is always liquid directly above the pump!