PDA

View Full Version : 8GB's F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ @1212 DDR2

Breathless
03-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I have two kits of F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ that I purchased seperately from newegg about a year or so ago. Even though I purchased them seperately, the serial numbers went in succession (665,666,667,668). Maybe this is partly why they have clocked so well.

Anyway, in my old Asus Crosshair board, you can see that these sticks were stable at 1212 (606MHZ). However, in my Asus Rampage Formula, they are stable up to around 1150 DDR. Can you give me some insight into which settings I should change to try to get them stable at the same speeds on this board? It is apparent that the sticks are capable, its just the board that needs to be tweaked.

(I WILL POST A SCREENSHOT LATER)

GSKILL TECH
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
sorry but you need to try to tweak it by yourself. even if i have a Asus RF mobo here, my result is not going to be the same as your result. plus I don't even tweak our motherboard timing .......

Breathless
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't understand.... You are not knowledgeable about RAM timings?

Sorry If I wasn't clear by saying Motherboard settings (bios settings). I meant RAM timings. Can you point me in the right direction as to which settings would be the most important for 8GB's of RAM for these sticks? There are certain settings that are important regardless of board to my understanding.