PDA

View Full Version : I was ready to quit OC

antipop
11-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Yesterday i received a nb block and a mcw50-t major slaughter has sent me
My wc is not completed and i didn't plan on hooking them on now, but after shutting down my comp, i thought that i could add them to the wc loop and install them later on the mobo.
The mcw50-t installation went easily but for the nb it wasn't that simple. The barb were too big for my tubing, so i had tpo force a lot to plug the tube, i succeed to put one to the end but the other was only half way, i thought that it would be alright. I turned the pump to bleed the air and the tube came off the nb, all my mobo was soaked with water.
Hopefully i had removed the psu and the mobo was turned off. I let it dry, then i finished the installation (wc out of the comp this time) i noticed that the nb forced the tubing on the cpu block to bend and leak! The tub on the pump came off also and this time i was soaked
Today i went to buy some clamps and i made everything to dry. I powered it off atm and it all works fine!!!
I was so scared that my mobo could be dead but also the hdd cause they had a lot of water on them.
Yesterday night i went to bed thinking to stop oc and sell all my cooling gear!!!!

pelikan
11-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Glad to hear it still works.

2fast4u
11-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Put a little grease on the tubing and it will go much easier. Just not too much and clamp her down good.

hatemi
11-06-2003, 03:44 AM
My mobo was practicaly dead for a week after my pump leaked! There wasnt even that much water on the board( just a few drops) but there is a small gap under the springdale NB and its a real pain to get the water out of there!

thetruememphis
11-06-2003, 04:02 AM
i had a similer problem with my cpu waterblock (the modded xflow) i had to put new barbs on. to make it fit 3/8 id (instead of 5/16) tubing. i guess when i put it back together i squeezed the o ring and snapped. and i when i turned my pump on to bleed it out. LEAKAGE! i was pissed off. i waited for a day to turn everything back on after putting a new oring on and then fired it up. Lucky to say my nf7's is still running.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDude
11-06-2003, 04:11 AM
I think we have all had moments when we felt like packing it in for one reason or another. The important thing is to learn from our mistakes. You certainly learned not to run without clamps, even better would be to leak test OUTSIDE of your case first. Rushing things or taking short cuts in our hobby can be deadly expensive. ;) Glad you didn't lose any hardware.

CSOFT
11-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
You certainly learned not to run without clamps

Or at least we can all hope so :D

Good to hear everythings ok, Theres nothing I love more then getting my parts wet :D

antipop
11-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
Rushing things or taking short cuts in our hobby can be deadly expensive. ;) That's the most important thing i've learned but i can't leave without a comp so i'm always in a hurry to do things but this time i've learn to slow down a lot :)
I've changed all my tubing size (i went from 3/8 to 1/2) so all my old clamps and T are useless now, i've noticed that in regular use the tubing won't go off easily but i didn't thought about it when i forced on the nb block
Anyway i'm back in busness but i'll more careful this time ;)