PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about WaterCooling and loop

Malbadawi
03-08-2009, 08:19 AM
hi, will am rebuilding my watercooled rig and am looking for some advice.

first i am going to use distilled water for my rig, and am getting the petra nuke and nuke phn, and was thinking which one is better to use nuke with Swiftech HydrX or just use the phn by it self? i want the most effective one to kill all the bakteria, algae an all those nasty stuff etc...

and about my loop well i have those in my rig

Cpu block,2x Gfx blocks, south and north blocks,2x1gb ocz flex ram (will be adding another 2 near future) plus water tank(also have 3xhdd blocks but propably wont be using them), oh and am using Koolance exos 2 and Swiftech pump. so whats the best order for them in the loop?

sorry for the wall of text!!! i would really appreciate any help or advice about my setup

Conumdrum
03-08-2009, 08:34 AM
PT nuke is for loops with additives. Petra made PHN nuke for the pure distilled only loops. You need PT nuke.

Malbadawi
03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
PT nuke is for loops with additives. Petra made PHN nuke for the pure distilled only loops. You need PT nuke.
but which one is better pt nuke with hydrx or pt phn without hydrx?

John Planet
03-08-2009, 09:17 AM
If you want to try a more elegant approach you can use killcoils and/or silver plated barbs. I've been on just distilled with 2 coils and 4 silver barbs for about 3 weeks without a hint of growth or clouding.

Conumdrum
03-08-2009, 09:34 AM
but which one is better pt nuke with hydrx or pt phn without hydrx?

Neither is better, I told ya what each one is for in different applications. Both kill nasties just fine.

Malbadawi
03-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Neither is better, I told ya what each one is for in different applications. Both kill nasties just fine.

thanks, but lets say i used the phn an later i wanted to add hydrx or other Additives will i get in any problems with the phn and Additives?
and also any one have an idea about my loop?

Conumdrum
03-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't. Just use PT nuke, we used it for years till he came out with PHN, your just fine using PT nuke for it all.

And the rest of the loop? I really didn't want to comment.

Part of your first post:
"Cpu block,2x Gfx blocks, south and north blocks,2x1gb ocz flex ram (will be adding another 2 near future) plus water tank(also have 3xhdd blocks but propably wont be using them), oh and am using Koolance exos 2 and Swiftech pump."

You will need MUCH MUCH more rad than you currently have in that weak Exos setup. You haven't said what the parts are. What CPU?, what GPU x2? etc etc. Most of us never ever watercool our ram or hardrives. Also, if your going to run two hot GPU's, your probably going to want a rad/pump/res, hosing etc in it's own loop. And a seperate loop for the CPU and NB etc.

So you can see why I was rather hesitant to comment. I'd spend a week+ reading many many forum posts and all the stickies you can handle. Once you have absorbed the basics I'll be glad to help.

pneubmatic
03-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Sorry if this has already been said... I didn't read the whole thread... If you use Swiftech's Hydrx, you don't need to add a biocide.

Distilled water and Hydrx have been working very well for me so far. It's nicely UV reactive, anti-corrosive (if you're mixing metals in your loop), and it prevents the nasties from growing in your loop.