PDA

View Full Version : Particles in loop?

kiyka
03-06-2009, 09:04 PM
When I started my loop I was dumb.

I felt that a pre-mixed coolant would somehow be easier to get then mixing distilled with PT-Nuke, Or Penetosin.

I have to say the Pure PC by Primochill is not that bad, works good, looks good.
But it sucks.
Don't use it.

Not only does it gunk up if there is a drop of too much anti-micro bacterial chemicals it stains the tubes.

Now in my case the stained tubes look awesome lol. They have a small transparent yet blue hue, but I'm still going to swap them out for clean tubes, with distilled and some nuke.

But beyond all that my question is this.

After draining my loop (Pure PC) I noticed some floating particles. They look like dust, all the same color, kind of stick together.

My first thought was dust. But there is too much, then I thought algae but it's only been up for a week and it supposedly has anti micro, galv in it.

I did a very small clean of the blocks before I installed. (Pored in, pored out.) So I doubt it's any residue.

Any ideas?

After I added some crap Primochill says makes your loop better. (Instantly started to clog everything.)
I had to drain the loop again. After some tube replacements I'm now running nothing but distilled. (First time was so dirty I had to drain it and refill it with new distilled.)
Tomorrow I'm going to run up to the store and get some PTnuke, or Pentosin.

Lesson to be learned here.
Never use pre-mixed coolant.

I payed 3.5 X the amount of money it costs to buy a whole gallon of distilled and Pentosin, only to lose 4$'s worth of tubes to stains, 10$ of extra dye, and a tons of work.

Conumdrum
03-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Something I wrote a while back for someone. Read the rad cleaning, was yours cleaned really well?
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=312743

kiyka
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Mine was not cleaned, and that probably had a lot to do with it.

At this point I've run three fresh batches of pure distilled water. (That's after the original Primochill coolant.)

Do you reckon she is good by now? Or should I still flush it out?

I'd rather wait until I have to unmount it in a few months.

Spankyfart
03-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Mine was not cleaned, and that probably had a lot to do with it.

Ya think?

kiyka
03-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Ya think?

Chill dude, it was my first loop.
I did wash it out with some distilled but just a quick rinse.

Now I know to be more thorough.

Spankyfart
03-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Chill dude, it was my first loop.
I did wash it out with some distilled but just a quick rinse.

Now I know to be more thorough.

Oh I'm sorry.
I thought you just burnt a company for selling you crap stuff.
I do apologize.