PDA

View Full Version : NIC/LAN Feedback

saaya
03-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Forgot about this one! :D
I always loved Dual NIC/LAN boards, and teaming is a nice feature, but i cant actually think of a useful way to use LAN teaming at all, and thinking about it the only time i used both NICs was when i had a lan party and didnt want to share the dsl line via the router/switch :P hehehe
but i still kinda want 2... even tho i dont use them, dont ask me why, you just never know what it might be good for :D

Now that almost all dsl modems have a switch or router integrated, i wonder how many of you really use 2 NICs and want them.

BenchZowner
03-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Occasionally using two, however I would NOT buy a enthusiast grade motherboard with only 1 NIC.
But I'd say yes in a "normal, se, deluxe" modeling theme, for example:

BloodRage GTR ( Fully fledged version, full extra package, 2 NICs, WiFi, e-SATA, waterblock & dry ice pot, etc )
BloodRage GTI ( Near fully fledged, missing the SAS, the WiFi and the waterblock & dry ice pot, still having 2 NICs )
BloodRage GT ( 1 NIC only, no WiFi, no SAS, no waterblock, no dry ice pot, no e-SATA )

saaya
03-04-2009, 11:04 AM
thanks for the feedback so far, and yeah bill, i was thinking the same, but foxconn wants to keep the SKUs small... they count every variation of a board as a new project and they limit the number of projects since we arent going through great times exactly atm :D
so its hard to decide what to add in the top end and in the mainstream version of the board...

but we will have several boards soon which should offer a very nice and smooth product lineup.
BR
BR GTi
FB
FB GTi
and then P55 is coming too :)
and i hope i can push them to make a BR-X board :D

zanzabar
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
i use 2 and want them, but i want something working with hyperV

saaya
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
hmmmm what nic works good with hyperv then?
realtek doesnt?
i can tell our realtek FAE to push realtek to improve virtualization support :)
just tell me what to tell them :D