PDA

View Full Version : Asus/NCIX (Average Joes) Overclocking Competition on XS

Charles Wirth
03-04-2009, 04:08 AM
http://fugger.netfirms.com/asus.jpg (http://www.asus.com)http://fugger.netfirms.com/ncix.jpg (http://www.ncix.com)

NCIX Coupon Code: XTREMEASUSOC

This ASUS overclocking competition is sponsored by NCIX. Check out their large selection of ASUS motherboards today and take advantage of the free shipping promotion - An Xtremesystems exclusive!

Rules;

Any Asus X58 Motherboard
Limited to regular members, 3Dteam, and XC (no XIP, Champion, Legends or Staff)
Any type of cooling allowed
Submissions only accepted with CPUID validation
Bclock submissions with everest and CPU validation
Bandwidth submissions with Everest and CPU validation
North America only
Contest Ends March 31'st
Thread title must Contain "Asus/NCIX Competiton entry - Username"
You can update your thread
Please list compete machine configuration, settings and voltages.
In the event of a tie, winner will be based on pre-dertermined factor not announced.

Prizes;

Highest CPU Mhz - $1000
Highest Bclock -$1000
Highest memory speed (any timing) - $1000

Thread with the most replies wins an Asus 26" Display

Winners;

Winners will be verified and prizes awarded promptly

kylepaddock
03-04-2009, 07:28 AM
i wish i just could use my systems. i don't have any $$ to but more stuff.

Slovnaft
03-04-2009, 07:40 AM
only mildly tempted to pull a newegg bait and switch.

slugbug
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Crap, I have an EVGA x58 and still haven't received the core i7 965 I won :(

WesM63
03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm in, nothing super special from me, but what the heck.

V2-V3
03-04-2009, 07:31 PM
woot!

this meams i have to go and buy a new x58 board from NCIX!

YukonTrooper
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I <3 NCIX. I have everything but the ASUS board. As they say in the southern States, "Dern!"

[XC] gomeler
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Aww damn. Can I do something awful and get my xip revoked? Goodluck guys!

revogamer
03-04-2009, 08:47 PM
aww another usa only

[XC] Hicks121
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Man, I was hoping to win some $$ so I can get a x58 mobo. :(

TheGoat Eater
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
yippie - I can play - are my ES chips allowed? :D

NBF
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Im in America, but not north enough I guess :rofl:

Ill watch and cheer :cheer:

[XC] Hicks121
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Im in America, but not north enough I guess :rofl:

Ill watch and cheer :cheer:

Ok, we can switch!! Ill go to Rio & you can come to Chicago...:p::rofl:

slugbug
03-05-2009, 10:57 PM
aww another usa only
Last time I checked Canada and Mexico were part of North America :)

TheGoat Eater
03-06-2009, 06:20 AM
yippie - I can play - are my ES chips allowed? :D

Confirmed that ES are allowed :up:

pika198
03-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Dang, I have a bloodrage and evga board. Time to go and buy and asus one now :D

sbrehm72255
03-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Last time I checked Canada and Mexico were part of North America :)

As far south as the Panama Canal last I checked..........;)

Buckeye
03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
This sounds like fun, I have no ASUS board as of yet tho...

jagass
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I think I didn't meet the qualifications...lol

Bon
03-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Aw that sucks, I came here all excited from the email and its US only :(

WTB Europe only average joe overclocker.

chispy
03-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Im in , Fugger , where should we post the screenies and new tread ?

Frido
03-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Hmp.. North USA, North USA, North USA! So f**king don't send me that mail. Here I come excited and hope for some decent competition opportunities.. XS, try to fix that, won't you?
It's much like Tom's Hardware - competitions only in the States. I gave you my location. So why the h.. bother me with some (for me) useless competition?

r1rhyder
03-07-2009, 07:19 AM
If engineering samples are allowed, where can I (the average joe) get one?

Buckeye
03-07-2009, 07:24 AM

LOL yeah ES chips, LN2, Cascades are hardly average joe :rofl:

Then unless you have a ASUS board now spending what $400+ for a MB for a chance to win $1,000. Oh wait... I don't have a ES chip so...

Good contest tho and thanks for coming up with these !!

Movieman
03-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Hmp.. North USA, North USA, North USA! So f**king don't send me that mail. Here I come excited and hope for some decent competition opportunities.. XS, try to fix that, won't you?
It's much like Tom's Hardware - competitions only in the States. I gave you my location. So why the h.. bother me with some (for me) useless competition?

Although I feel your pain what you and everyone else has to understand is that Asus has divisions and this is being run by Asus North America.
You get emails because you checked the box to get them.
No way for the program to distinguish between what you would like to see and what you don't.
Now if it's any consolation to you I'm in North America and I can't play either(staff) but I don't get mad about it.
It's just the rules and thats life my friend.

DdotRoq
03-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I'd like to play but don't feel I'll make any difference. There are a bunch of people here with much more experience than me and with 965's...

r1rhyder
03-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Yeah, there really should be different catagories and more prizes for each catagory. Nice rig you have there DdotRoq.

amd_overclocker
03-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Is this open to anyone that meets the hardware requirements, and location requirements?

slugbug
03-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Is this open to anyone that meets the hardware requirements, and location requirements?

North America only

krystaljasmine
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd like to play but don't feel I'll make any difference. There are a bunch of people here with much more experience than me and with 965's...

just give it a try then... why not?
If i know how to do it i would participate though :-P

Movieman
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
just give it a try then... why not?
If i know how to do it i would participate though :-P

We have to get you a top quad to play with.:up:

Charles Wirth
03-07-2009, 03:44 PM
This is not the thread to discuss RMA's. Posts removed.

If you have a 920 or 940 you have graet chance at taking three prizes, with top bclock and bandwidth, the the monitor for most replies.

This contest is fair to all speed grades of i7.

Lets see some results posted this weekend.

sbrehm72255
03-07-2009, 03:50 PM
In what section do we start orn threads........:)?

Charles Wirth
03-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Start threads in this section, start soon and be creative for replies.

InToGraphics
03-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Received the email.
But I do not meet the hardware and location requirements.

So are there any prizes for Photoshopped results ?

Cheers,
Robert

Charles Wirth
03-08-2009, 10:12 AM
The prize is being banned from XS for fake results.

RAID
03-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I posted the png file that Everest CPUID saves for the contest's memory validation. Is that acceptable or is there some other validation requirement using Everest. I looked around but couldn't find anything.

Shahryar_NEO
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
why only north america ?

tajoh111
03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Its probably North American only because NCIX is a Canadian company that ships only to the United States and Canada. Since this is likely a publicity thing, allowing country outside of North America to enter would do nothing for pulling in customers.

Its sucks for people that don't have Asus hardware, because buying a new MB if they already have an I7 to enter this competition would frankly be a waste of cash.

But that might not stop me if ncix gives us a good price on the Rampage II gene(and gets it in stock), I wouldn't mind trying that out for the lulz.

miahallen
03-08-2009, 10:56 PM
GL all you Average Joe guys out there...WIN SOME CASH!!!

Twist360
03-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Its probably North American only because NCIX is a Canadian company that ships only to the United States and Canada.
Yup, its written in the email we have received about rules :"Only North America"...

to participate with my Asus RIIE,
i have to bring my house in North America before the 31st March:ROTF:

MrHydes
03-09-2009, 12:26 PM
where are everyone posting?

ANTC
03-09-2009, 04:40 PM
where in north america do you have to be? any city will do?

James_8970
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I have a Gigabyte board, but good luck to the rest of you! One more thing. Less bitshing, more clocking!
James

slugbug
03-09-2009, 05:34 PM
where in north america do you have to be? any city will do?

I imagine anywhere in the USA, Canada, or Mexico.

Solid Snake
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
a thousand times better GIGABYTE GOOC 2009

[XC] gomeler
03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
a thousand times better GIGABYTE GOOC 2009

I think you confuse the format of GOOC and the format of this Average Joes OC competition.

GOOC is a global competition that has two years in a row let teams composed of the best and brightest in overclocking to compete on a single platform and showcase tweak, time management, and LN2 skills. This Average Joes competition is restricted to North America, purposely limited to the individuals who haven't had a chance to make a name for themselves, and meant to foster better relations with the budding overclocking community.

One is a Formula 1 class competition, the other is a local Autocross competition. That being said, fire up your engines ladies and gentlemen! We want to see some new faces burn up some LN2 in pursuit of happiness :up:

PUTALE
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
No X58 Board Here:(

Buckeye
03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
gomeler;3706732']I think you confuse the format of GOOC and the format of this Average Joes OC competition.

GOOC is a global competition that has two years in a row let teams composed of the best and brightest in overclocking to compete on a single platform and showcase tweak, time management, and LN2 skills. This Average Joes competition is restricted to North America, purposely limited to the individuals who haven't had a chance to make a name for themselves, and meant to foster better relations with the budding overclocking community.

One is a Formula 1 class competition, the other is a local Autocross competition. That being said, fire up your engines ladies and gentlemen! We want to see some new faces burn up some LN2 in pursuit of happiness :up:

Sounds like a Great Idea Gom. and nice to see this kind of stuff happening.
But no ASUS board here, well one for socket 478 stuff :)

TheGoat Eater
03-10-2009, 05:42 AM
gomeler;3706732']I think you confuse the format of GOOC and the format of this Average Joes OC competition.

Well said - just look for me here in a bit and watch out :up: :D

2chesapeakes
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
This sounds like fun where do I sign up or register

V2-V3
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I received no email with the rules, I assume no registration on NCIX is required?
Do we only need to make a post with title: Asus/NCIX Overclocking Competition Entry - "NAMEHERE"

InToGraphics
03-12-2009, 02:38 PM
The prize is being banned from XS for fake results.Don't fret, it was meant to be funny. I guess it's true what they say about black cats.:ROTF:
A seperate category with Photoshopped results would be funny though. I mean who's going to believe a stable 9999Mhz FSB, 84991.5 MHZ CPU with 128GB DDR4 on a motherboard with only 4 memory slots. It might even show up as an Asus ad.

I could get banned for writing :
"For you who are asking yourself : Why only North America ?
Answer: Because there is where the most Average Joes are to be found to participate."
That's why I didn't write it. :rofl:

Robert

dejanh
03-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Q1: Where do I find the detailed rules for the contest?
Q2: Highest memory clock seems kind of moot. I know some people that own the Dominator GT sticks and run them at around 2.1GHz. Hardly fair when their sticks are stock 2GHz. Is this allowed, owning a set of Dominator GTs and then applying for a prize? I would think we should be going for highest overclock, not highest clock period.

Mads321
03-14-2009, 06:45 AM
"North America only"

That sucks :/

dejanh
03-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Confirmed that ES are allowed :up:

LOL yeah ES chips, LN2, Cascades are hardly average joe :rofl:

Then unless you have a ASUS board now spending what $400+ for a MB for a chance to win $1,000. Oh wait... I don't have a ES chip so...

Good contest tho and thanks for coming up with these !!

I do have to say that I do not see the logic in allowing ES chips...

They tend to be better overclockers, have unlocked multipliers, and who knows what other kinds of advantages over regular retail chips. Not to mention that an average person cannot obtain these legally, making ES chips kind of BS chips in terms of a fair contest. The Goat Eater already posted a 228 BCLK basically with an ES chip, but I can say almost certainly that a regular retail chip won't do this.

This is the same argument as the memory speed almost. There is no effort there. Whoever has the deepest pocket and can go out and spend on the fastest memory will basically take the memory speed contest if they have half a brain. Buy a set of Dominator GT sticks, OC them to 2100MHz and extend your hand to claim $1k prize.

TheGoat Eater
03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I do have to say that I do not see the logic in allowing ES chips...

They tend to be better overclockers, have unlocked multipliers, and who knows what other kinds of advantages over regular retail chips. Not to mention that an average person cannot obtain these legally, making ES chips kind of BS chips in terms of a fair contest. The Goat Eater already posted a 228 BCLK basically with an ES chip, but I can say almost certainly that a regular retail chip won't do this.

This is the same argument as the memory speed almost. There is no effort there. Whoever has the deepest pocket and can go out and spend on the fastest memory will basically take the memory speed contest if they have half a brain. Buy a set of Dominator GT sticks, OC them to 2100MHz and extend your hand to claim $1k prize.

I guarantee that the Corsair GTs are not going to win the speed contest ;) and I have some coming Monday so IDK what the new batches are like - as for deep pockets I am unemployed right now and have almost no income :rolleyes: so I for one don't have deep pockets - the 228 BCLK took 20 hours~ of tweaking and was not the ES just giving it up - that is for sure as I wasn't able to get over 215 for the longest time...

As for unlocked multis - you are not up on the ESs - the 920ES that I am playing with only has 20x and is limited to 2 low memory dividers :( and have yet to go over 1750~ as I cannot conceivably do that w/ the dividers given... If I choose to use my 965 ES it is just like a 965 XE - these are C0/C1 and are not D0 so I don't have that advantage

dejanh
03-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I guarantee that the Corsair GTs are not going to win the speed contest ;) and I have some coming Monday so IDK what the new batches are like - as for deep pockets I am unemployed right now and have almost no income :rolleyes: so I for one don't have deep pockets - the 228 BCLK took 20 hours~ of tweaking and was not the ES just giving it up - that is for sure as I wasn't able to get over 215 for the longest time...

As for unlocked multis - you are not up on the ESs - the 920ES that I am playing with only has 20x and is limited to 2 low memory dividers :( and have yet to go over 1750~ as I cannot conceivably do that w/ the dividers given... If I choose to use my 965 ES it is just like a 965 XE - these are C0/C1 and are not D0 so I don't have that advantage

Well, either way that ES is better than your average chip at least in terms of the BCLK. I do believe that it took you a long time to get that BCLK but at least it was possible for you. Most won't even boot past 220MHz. Mine does not boot past 222MHz at all, and at 222MHz it will not actually show 222MHz, it only shows 220.8MHz no matter what. I tried everything imaginabe to get the system to boot past 222MHz and I can say that it is simply impossible for me.

Now, your ES may be the way you say but that is not every ES. Some of the i7 920 ES had unlocked multipliers though all did have locked memory multipliers. I will give you that one.

Finally, in terms of the Dominators winning speed contests...well, I'd differ with you there. I have a stick of Dominators here that will do 1970MHz easy and they are rated for 1600MHz. And these are poorly binned too. If they serve as any indication then the GTs will do quite well indeed. Of course if your chip craps out on Uncore that's a different story. I guess we need to see how good the IMC is in those guys. By the way, do you know if it is pure memory frequency contest or is it overall bandwidth contest?

Finally, I do not see much advantage to D0 vs C0, at least not my chip. Everything that so far was demoed with a D0 I can do with a C0 as well, barring stuff with the new 975 XE which does not really compare.

I still stick to my opinion that ES should not be used for contests regardless. Then again, can't really blame the ES chips, only the poor setup for the contest. There isn't even any restrictions on whether you have to run with HT on or not, or whether you have to use triple channel vs. dual vs. single. I mean c'mon...basically it is anything goes.

On a different note, who's supplying you with stuff if you can't pay for it anyway?

Mpetrosino
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
How is something thats NOT "Average Joe" allowed in an "Average Joe" Competition? That just doesnt make sense to me. Its almost like a Fixed Competition because you know the ES Chips will beat the average joe i7 chips, so why should anyone that doesnt have an ES Chip even participate?

dejanh
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
How is something thats NOT "Average Joe" allowed in an "Average Joe" Competition? That just doesnt make sense to me. Its almost like a Fixed Competition because you know the ES Chips will beat the average joe i7 chips, so why should anyone that doesnt have an ES Chip even participate?

Yeah, I have to agree with this...the competition is kind of like a fixed competiton...

LN2/Dice/Phase allowed, ES chips allowed, no restrictions on system setup (e.g., running single stick of DRAM ok, running with HyperThreading off ok, like wth?), memory competition appears to be on MHz which means that only contention is if you are running 2000+ MHz DRAM...

I got my a$$ handed to me by an ES chip on BCLK. TheGoat Eater will take the highest BCLK for sure, or at the very least with 99.999% certainty. I do not think almost any retail chips will come even close.

posershadow
03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with this...the competition is kind of like a fixed competiton...

LN2/Dice/Phase allowed, ES chips allowed, no restrictions on system setup (e.g., running single stick of DRAM ok, running with HyperThreading off ok, like wth?), memory competition appears to be on MHz which means that only contention is if you are running 2000+ MHz DRAM...

I got my a$$ handed to me by an ES chip on BCLK. TheGoat Eater will take the highest BCLK for sure, or at the very least with 99.999% certainty. I do not think almost any retail chips will come even close.

I don't know if I agree with you on the cooling part. I think that should go unrestricted as anybody can get that sort of cooling, its not really exclusive. Sure some might not have the money, but it is available. The ES chips though, thats another story. Those aren't available, and if so, only to a select special few people have access. They are by no means the "average joes" of overclocking either. If you've got an ES chip, you're probably pretty well established in the ocing community with plenty of experience and knowledge. It's one thing not being able to afford the best equipment, it's another when it's impossible to even buy the equipment. I'd say all the main electrical computer components in the persons system should be retail available, while addons like cooling can be custom along with any volt modding etc.

dejanh
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't know if I agree with you on the cooling part. I think that should go unrestricted as anybody can get that sort of cooling, its not really exclusive. Sure some might not have the money, but it is available. The ES chips though, thats another story. Those aren't available, and if so, only to a select special few people have access. They are by no means the "average joes" of overclocking either. If you've got an ES chip, you're probably pretty well established in the ocing community with plenty of experience and knowledge. It's one thing not being able to afford the best equipment, it's another when it's impossible to even buy the equipment. I'd say all the main electrical computer components in the persons system should be retail available, while addons like cooling can be custom along with any volt modding etc.

Ok, fair enough. However because this is a competition there should be restrictions on truly extreme cooling as well, but I do see your point. Imagine the following scenario...

A local racing track organizes weekly races for mainstream customized cars (e.g., Honda, Mazda, etc.) but one day out of nowhere there shows up a driver wanting to compete with his half a million Ferrari. There is no way he would be allowed to race because that would be an equivalent of fixing the race. You know the winner even before the race started unless the driver of the Ferrari happens to crash which is not very likely. It's sort of the same thing. It is called unfair advantage and it has no part in a competition of any sort. A fair competition by definition requires everyone to be on the same or very similar level and playing field.

As far as ES chips go though my opinion is very simple...parts that cannot be obtained through regular retail channels should have no place in these types of contests open to the general public.

Avan
03-17-2009, 07:32 AM

Calm down some.... runmc pulled 241 bclk on a retail 920 from microcenter. So ES doesn't mean anything for bclk.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=503233

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3637427&postcount=72

dejanh
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Calm down some.... runmc pulled 241 bclk on a retail 920 from microcenter. So ES doesn't mean anything for bclk.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=503233

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3637427&postcount=72

I don't see what this proves...

ES still has no place in a contest, regardless and pretty much everyone but those people owning ES chips will agree.

Charles Wirth
03-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Confirmed.

ES chips are not allowed.

Memory Mhz is what counts, an Everest bandwidth screen must be at that the clock speed for it to count. If there is a match in speed, Read BW will determine.

Side note, I have some retail Samsung parts here that I think can beat Elpida.

Slovnaft
03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
sweet, so no D0? unless some D0 has made it to retail? Maybe I've got a shot

Also, FUGGER, ygpm

TheGoat Eater
03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Confirmed.

ES chips are not allowed.

Memory Mhz is what counts, an Everest bandwidth screen must be at that the clock speed for it to count. If there is a match in speed, Read BW will determine.

Side note, I have some retail Samsung parts here that I think can beat Elpida.

exactly what I was saying about the GT (Elpida) not winning

Charles Wirth
03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
D0 is fine as long as it is not an ES.

Sorry about the confusion, a rule that wasnt considered at the start.

dejanh
03-17-2009, 08:41 AM
exactly what I was saying about the GT (Elpida) not winning

Yeah, however doesn't mean anyone will get their hands on some...

D0 is fine as long as it is not an ES.

Sorry about the confusion, a rule that wasnt considered at the start.

I haven't seen any non-ES D0s around, but maybe...

V2-V3
03-17-2009, 08:59 AM
What about ES i7 chips with C0/C1 revision?

Are ES chips not allowed to bu used in CPUmhz or Bclk?

Are ES chips allowed in Memory MHz?

dejanh
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
What about ES i7 chips with C0/C1 revision?

Are ES chips not allowed to bu used in CPUmhz or Bclk?

Are ES chips allowed in Memory MHz?

ES chips not allowed period. You can't use them in any of the tests.

Charles Wirth
03-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Correct, no ES chips is what I was told.

LinusTech
03-17-2009, 11:20 AM
I get a kick out of an "Average Joe" overclocking contest being held on XtremeSystems.org

What passes for average around here would be considered "ub3r 1337 XXXTREME" on any number of other computer forums.

GL to all entrants!

dejanh
03-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Another question about the memory competition...do single and dual channel configurations count or not? Obviously higher clocks can be achieved with less channels so I am wondering if that is okay or not...

Bo_Fox
03-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Alrighty, I'm gonna keep this in mind!

dejanh
04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Update from FUGGER via PM...

I was told to give teh contest another week and the data drive we were on failed again.

I switched back to the original SSD's and I will try to recover the data.

I will end the contest soon...snip...

posershadow
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, we've definitely had our week and I was the only one who came in with results, so we should definitely wrap things up so people can get their prizes. I know dejanh is looking forward to that monitor.

V2-V3
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
what we can still submit results?

what is the cut off date for validations?

dejanh
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah, we've definitely had our week and I was the only one who came in with results, so we should definitely wrap things up so people can get their prizes. I know dejanh is looking forward to that monitor.

Lol, indeed :p:

what we can still submit results?

what is the cut off date for validations?

No, I'm sure that original contenders cannot submit results any more in that sense. I think what we discussed before holds. If you have results validated before March 31 that is fine but not after. It makes no sense anyway. Just because XS was down did not stop any of us from overclocking in the meantime.

So in short, if you have March 31 or older results they are eligible, but not new stuff produced now. It's unfair if it was otherwise. You can get so many D0 chips now that could take pretty much every C0. I've even seen some 975s around. They clock like mad.

Mpetrosino
04-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Has this been resolved yet? Does anyone know whats going on?

dejanh
04-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Has this been resolved yet? Does anyone know whats going on?

FUGGER messaged me and said that the contest will basically run until the end of this week. In terms of submitting new results nobody said anything but there is no reason at all why post March 31st entries should be allowed. Everyone agrees on this since I remember the discussion before as well.

A few more days only :)

Charles Wirth
04-22-2009, 04:46 PM
This contest will be closed soon, Gautam will be looking over the results and winners will be announced on Friday.

Good luck

posershadow
04-22-2009, 05:07 PM
FUGGER messaged me and said that the contest will basically run until the end of this week. In terms of submitting new results nobody said anything but there is no reason at all why post March 31st entries should be allowed. Everyone agrees on this since I remember the discussion before as well.

Agreed. So it sounds like from fuggers post that the contest will close on Thursday and Friday we will have winners. :clap:

TheGoat Eater
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM

funny I thought you were running the contest :cool:

dejanh
04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
funny I thought you were running the contest :cool:

Lol, no, I'm not. I was just kind of making sure it is getting managed :D

posershadow
04-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Tomorrow is the big day, we finally get our winners. :D

Mpetrosino
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
wooo hoooo!

dejanh
04-24-2009, 07:35 AM
I somehow feel that we won't get winners announced today.

posershadow
04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
If I win, I want one of those giant checks sent to me UPS with my name on it, like everyone always wins in the other contests haha.

Mpetrosino
04-24-2009, 08:27 AM
I somehow feel that we won't get winners announced today.

Lol...probably not.

dejanh
04-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Well, looks like a bunch of threads were removed. So far headala, V2-V3, posershadow, and myself are in contention...

Damn you posershadow! Damn you!!!!!! :fight: I had the highest BCLK until you showed up, by 0.02MHz :p: :D

Good luck everyone!

posershadow
04-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't know what happened to slovnafts post. As I remember, he was beating v2-v3 on ghz. Maybe it got archived or something since it was a while ago. And to you dejanh, at least you are guaranteed that monitor, you beat everyone by a mile in replies to thread. Looks like brian y got the memory, I should have tried harder there, spent all my time on bclk and like an hour in memory.

posershadow
04-24-2009, 08:23 PM
This contest will be closed soon, Gautam will be looking over the results and winners will be announced on Friday.

Good luck

What happened fugger, no winners :(

slugbug
04-25-2009, 11:50 AM
What happened fugger, no winners :(

I think he's at the Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship 2009 this weekend.

V2-V3
04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Yes Fugger is at the GOOC 2009 in LA

Gautam
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately, I too was at GOOC. My apologies for the late announcement.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223120