PDA

View Full Version : EK Supreme, replacing mounting plate?

Rammsteiner
03-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Hey guys,

Right now Ive a EK Supreme block on my Phenom II. However, Ill have to change the mounting plate to make it fit on LGA1366.

Now this might sound stupid but I only just have this WC kit and it's my first:confused:

If I remove the CPU block from the motherboard to replace hardware and to change the mounting plate, do Ive to drain the system completely or is it ok if I screw the fittings loose above a box to catch the water, replace mounting plate while having still water in the rad/res etc?

And can I re-use this water, since it's only a month 'old', or do Ive to put new water back in the loop?

Thx in advance!

whe3ls
03-03-2009, 03:28 AM
i have done that a couple times. i usually reuse my fluid you should be find reusing yours as well

Rammsteiner
03-03-2009, 03:39 AM
i have done that a couple times. i usually reuse my fluid you should be find reusing yours as well
Cool:cool:

Weird, those mostly USA reviews show the EK mounting plate to have more holes so it fits on LGA775. Bloodrage has both LGA775 and 1366 mounting holes. But I took a good look at my mounting plate and it doesnt have LGA775 holes, I only have a specific LGA775 mounting plate. But since Ive to order a back plate anyway I ordered a LGA1366 mounting plate right with it. Would have been nice if it had LGA775 holes, saved some work but well:rolleyes: