PDA

View Full Version : Build Suggestions...

xVeinx
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Having looked around a bit, I'm thinking of putting together a new build to last me for awhile. AMD's roadmap looks to be "stable" (aka, not too much change) for the next couple of years, so I'm considering getting a 9xx series quad, an AM3 board, and DDR3. Here's where I need help. The performance of the Asus M4 series and Gigabyte 790FX/GX have been decent, but I'm eyeing the MSI 790FX board rather heavily. I know that AMD should have a new chipset out in the summer at some point, but I don't recall seeing much in the way of significant changes that warrant a wait. Any thoughts? What board do you think is worth sitting on for a good year or more (yeah, realistically that is "lasting me for awhile." Darn XS bug :p)?

What memory specs ought I be looking for? I'm not looking to overclock the memory, but I do want to have tight timings and solid performance, whilst not buying DDR3 2000 only to have it be "wasted" as it were.

For reference, I've currently got an E8400, Giga P43 board, velociraptor, and other as sundry parts.

demonkevy666
03-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Having looked around a bit, I'm thinking of putting together a new build to last me for awhile. AMD's roadmap looks to be "stable" (aka, not too much change) for the next couple of years, so I'm considering getting a 9xx series quad, an AM3 board, and DDR3. Here's where I need help. The performance of the Asus M4 series and Gigabyte 790FX/GX have been decent, but I'm eyeing the MSI 790FX board rather heavily. I know that AMD should have a new chipset out in the summer at some point, but I don't recall seeing much in the way of significant changes that warrant a wait. Any thoughts? What board do you think is worth sitting on for a good year or more (yeah, realistically that is "lasting me for awhile." Darn XS bug :p)?

What memory specs ought I be looking for? I'm not looking to overclock the memory, but I do want to have tight timings and solid performance, whilst not buying DDR3 2000 only to have it be "wasted" as it were.

For reference, I've currently got an E8400, Giga P43 board, velociraptor, and other as sundry parts.

ddr3 1600mhz highest or 1800mhz.

just sb800 and 3450 on board lat time I seen anything

I'm waiting for Ht3.1 on new AM3 boards
current AM3 boards are just old AM2+ boards with new better bios for AM3 sockets on them worth it if you want an early AM3 board & chip.

informal
03-05-2009, 03:39 AM
SB8xx will have some new features,but 790FX+SB750 in AM3 edition is a great combination too.
Here are the SB8xx features:
http://img.chw.net/sitio/breves/200807/1214953291_SB_800_features_Logo.jpg

elzhi
08-11-2009, 01:25 PM
are there any release dates ?