PDA

View Full Version : Two rads, one loop = 1-2c?

NameTaken45
02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
m gonna mount my XSPC 360 up at the top of my case, the loop is res, pump, rad, cpu, NB, GPU.
after the GPU i was thinking of putting a 120.2 at the bottom. but ive been reading that stacking the rads will give you shorter tubing and end up getting you the 1- 3c that you desire. but mine wont be stacked.
would there even be a 1c difference with the water hitting a 120.2, right before it goes back into the MCP 655 pump? or would the heat from the pump make it negligible because its gonna heat the water right back up?
if you guys think i would get a 1 - 2c difference ill do it, just because i can.
just wanna make sure it wont cause a negative effect like...a rise in temps

Meatpuppet
02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Howdy,
Adding an additional radiator shouldn't have any noteworthy perverse effects unless your flow rates are already quite low. As for the potential gain, the point of a radiator is to remove heat from the water that passes through the radiator and attempt to restore the water to the ambient temperature. As such, any gain is in all cases a function of the current difference between the water passing through the radiator and the ambient temperature. If this "delta T" is low then the gains from another radiator will be small, if it is large than you may realize more substantial gains. The important thing is that under no circumstances can a radiator reduce temperatures below ambient so the closer you are to ambient water temperature the less you can do to improve temperatures.

Serpentarius
02-24-2009, 07:24 PM
m gonna mount my XSPC 360 up at the top of my case, the loop is res, pump, rad, cpu, NB, GPU.
after the GPU i was thinking of putting a 120.2 at the bottom. but ive been reading that stacking the rads will give you shorter tubing and end up getting you the 1- 3c that you desire. but mine wont be stacked.
would there even be a 1c difference with the water hitting a 120.2, right before it goes back into the MCP 655 pump? or would the heat from the pump make it negligible because its gonna heat the water right back up?
if you guys think i would get a 1 - 2c difference ill do it, just because i can.
just wanna make sure it wont cause a negative effect like...a rise in temps

try testing your rad by stacking a few fans to your rad and monitor for changes in temps ...

if there's no changes (if you're not o/c), then your rad is at optimal .. if there's room for temp drop with more fan CFM, then getting another rad might be an option

that's how i do .. i've no idea what other does .. :)