PDA

View Full Version : NEWBY needs a little help.

SNAKE1937
02-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Step by step please--- Just how do I move my Athlon 64 FX 60 up to about 3gigs/

THANKS for your help.

SNAKE1937 ( Snake was my callsign and 1937 is my year of birth)
This my first post here in "guru country"

[XC] gomeler
02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Found your thread. Just to give you a little heads up, some sub-forums receive more traffic than others. Judging by the post dates, this one in itself is a bit slow however the general AMD sub-forum would be a great place to start next-time.

Regarding your CPU, I never owned an FX-60 but if I remember correctly they'd go to around 3.2 to 3.3GHZ on air. You'll want to start with your memory, drop the memory divider down to the lowest setting so your memory isn't a bottleneck. Loosen up the timings while you are at it, never can be too careful. Then, since you have an unlocked multiplier, just bump up the multiplier by 1x and test stability. If stable, bump it again. If not stable, try increasing CPU relevant voltages. Continue this trend until you either hit the desired frequency or core temperatures have exceeded satisfactory levels.

I wish I could be more precise but I personally never owned an FX-60 and my knowledge from clocking my A64 3200+ Winchester is a bit foggy. That chip went to 3270MHz though so I'm sure your FX-60 should do 3GHz with ease. To get a better answer you may want to provide a bit more information like motherboard, memory, and cooling.