PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows when the 790FX-UD5P is available?

Rammsteiner
02-23-2009, 03:54 AM
Guys,

Does anyone know when Gigabyte's 790FX-UD5P would be available. I saw this board today, didnt even know it existed, but it looks like the best AM2+ board around:shocked: Like what the DQ6 should have been from the start to be honest.

But of course, board nowhere to be found. I can find the 790GP-UD4H, 790X-UD4 but not the 790FX-UD5P:rolleyes: Im afraid it would become hard to get one as well since AM3 is basically right around the corner, introducing new AM2+ boards now is a bit of a gamble.

TheBlueChanell
02-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Are you referring to this? If so it's an AM3. Unless there's an AM2+ Gigabyte 790FX other than the DQ6 that I dont know if that's it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128377&Tpk=Gigabye%20790FX

jagass
02-23-2009, 05:17 AM
I will look for that too...

Rammsteiner
02-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Are you referring to this? If so it's an AM3. Unless there's an AM2+ Gigabyte 790FX other than the DQ6 that I dont know if that's it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128377&Tpk=Gigabye%20790FX
Found out this morning, Gigabyte has a few UDxP boards on their site;
790FX-UD5P
790X-UD4P
But both are like nowhere to be found. They're basically the same as the AM3 versions, but then with DDR2.

790GP-UD4H and the 790X-UD4 seem to be available, but if the earlier mentioned ones are close to release I'd rather get those since they offer 8+2 phase:shocked:

TheBlueChanell
02-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Found out this morning, Gigabyte has a few UDxP boards on their site;
790FX-UD5P
790X-UD4P
But both are like nowhere to be found. They're basically the same as the AM3 versions, but then with DDR2.

790GP-UD4H and the 790X-UD4 seem to be available, but if the earlier mentioned ones are close to release I'd rather get those since they offer 8+2 phase:shocked:

Ah, I see.

just like Asus and the M4A79/T Deluxe. I wonder how many more AM2+ boards we shall see.

I was thinking about selling off my M3A79-T/940 and getting the Gigabyte 790FXT w/ an AM3 chip so I could get off DDR2 while it's worth $$ but I want to wait and see how the MSI GD70 turns out and if DFI brings out a UT board for AM3.

When I think of DFI I think of the ultimate overclocking motherboard. I want GOOD cooling on the NB/PWM and Digital PWM. It's kind of a shame how all their SB750 boards turned out.

Rammsteiner
02-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Ah, I see.

So kind of like Asus and the M4A79/M4A79-T Deluxe. I wonder how many more AM2+ boards we shall see.

I was thinking about selling off my M3A79-T/940 and getting the Gigabyte 790FXT w/ an AM3 chip. I want to wait and see how the MSI GD70 turns out and if DFI brings out a UT board for AM3.

When I think of DFI I think of the ultimate overclocking motherboard. I want GOOD cooling on the NB/PWM and Digital PWM. It's kind of a shame how all their SB750 boards turned out.
Think it's indeed comparable with Asus' M4A boards. It's quite weird to see some good AM2+ boards rolling out left and right, especially since we're right on the AM3 corner:confused:

Funny how you start about DFI, Im really done with them now. Ive had 3 boards last year and 2 of them were :banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:. One had a blown MOSFET and the other one has still no solid BIOS. No, more fun, I cant OC my RAM with the UT 790FX-M2R because as soon as the Vdimm becomes a bit higher it just doesnt OC:shakes: Third one died too but that's the fault of some stupid IFX-10 cooler from Thermalright.

Ive had a DQ6 earlier and it was actually quite good, now Ive seen the UD5P I just need that, like a DQ6 v2:p:

TheBlueChanell
02-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Think it's indeed comparable with Asus' M4A boards. It's quite weird to see some good AM2+ boards rolling out left and right, especially since we're right on the AM3 corner:confused:

Funny how you start about DFI, Im really done with them now. Ive had 3 boards last year and 2 of them were :banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:. One had a blown MOSFET and the other one has still no solid BIOS. No, more fun, I cant OC my RAM with the UT 790FX-M2R because as soon as the Vdimm becomes a bit higher it just doesnt OC:shakes: Third one died too but that's the fault of some stupid IFX-10 cooler from Thermalright.

Ive had a DQ6 earlier and it was actually quite good, now Ive seen the UD5P I just need that, like a DQ6 v2:p:

Yeah. I was really hesitant to pick-up any of the DFI SB750 GX/FX boards. I've read and talked to people with all kinds of problems from shoddy NB heatsinks, random dead boards, error codes and shoddy CPU support.

I really think that DFI made a mistake when they released the "mid-range" DK boards. They don't really offer anything more than MSI/Asus/Gigabyte's offerings and they usually have less "features" than those mentioned.

I'm really interested to see how the MSI GD70 turns out. That might be my next board.

charged3800z24
02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah. I was really hesitant to pick-up any of the DFI SB750 GX/FX boards. I've read and talked to people with all kinds of problems from shoddy NB heatsinks, random dead boards, error codes and shoddy CPU support.

I really think that DFI made a mistake when they released the "mid-range" DK boards. They don't really offer anything more than MSI/Asus/Gigabyte's offerings and they usually have less "features" than those mentioned.

I'm really interested to see how the MSI GD70 turns out. That might be my next board.

Am I lost, or did you miss the newegg link? :confused: :p:, both AM3 GB boards are on the egg, both have 8+2 phase, both do DDR3, one has 2 x16 PCI-e and one has 1 x16 + 1 x8 PCI-e.

Rammsteiner
02-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Am I lost, or did you miss the newegg link? :confused: :p:, both AM3 GB boards are on the egg, both have 8+2 phase, both do DDR3, one has 2 x16 PCI-e and one has 1 x16 + 1 x8 PCI-e.
I think you're lost:yepp: He's the one who posted the newegg link, he's looking for MSI's AM3 boards.

Although Im slightly confused whether he's looking for an AM2+ or a AM3 board now but well:p:

TheBlueChanell
02-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I think you're lost:yepp: He's the one who posted the newegg link, he's looking for MSI's AM3 boards.

Although Im slightly confused whether he's looking for an AM2+ or a AM3 board now but well:p:

Haha. I don't even know what I"m doing. :rofl:

charged3800z24
02-24-2009, 06:35 AM
There are to many boards with names alike now...My head begins to hurt when I try to sort through them. :p:
I just ordered the Gigabyte AM3/DDR3 board with 2 x16 slots. Thats how I am refering to it now, I already forgot the name;)

TheBlueChanell
02-24-2009, 12:49 PM
There are to many boards with names alike now...My head begins to hurt when I try to sort through them. :p:
I just ordered the Gigabyte AM3/DDR3 board with 2 x16 slots. Thats how I am refering to it now, I already forgot the name;)

790FXT-UD5P. You're welcome. :D

It's extremely confusing with all these new boards with similar models names and some being AM2+/AM3.

charged3800z24
02-24-2009, 05:13 PM
790FXT-UD5P. You're welcome. :D

It's extremely confusing with all these new boards with similar models names and some being AM2+/AM3.