PDA

View Full Version : External water cooling kit

Tackleberry
02-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Hello,

i am trying to build my own external water cooling kit since I have some tools and material at my disposal.
The kit will be prepared for heavy duty WC, thus it ll contain 2 rads and strong pump + controller.
I already have design sketches, but I was wondering if you guys have some ideas what would be needed to improve user friendlines and handling of the device.
By user friendliness i mean:
-cool design that will go along with PC enthusiast workplace,
-any usefull extra features on case itself (LED, lights, buttons, handles, standers,...)
-measurment of inputs (which are too much on existing products:confused:)

I was looking at http://aquacomputer.de/aquaduct-xt.html but i think there are a lot of things to make my kit look less rigid and more "pimped":cool:
What do you think most of users need while using these kits?
I will appreciate any constructive suggestion.
As i said i already have ideas I just want to know what majority thinks, to see if i am on right track with this.:D

Conumdrum
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
If you could look at the Waterkeg xtreme (not made anymore). It's a really solid rad/pump/fan box. Sold for about $500. Then look at the Zalman Reserator XT.

Make one that uses good parts like the Waterkeg but looks like the Reserator XT with temp monitoring and the pretty case and lights. And sell it for $350.

You'll sell a ton of them.