PDA

View Full Version : inspiron 1520 wont power on

Lestat
02-17-2009, 06:02 PM
so tonight i decided to reboot my inspiron 1520 and instead of rebooting it powered down.

i hit the power button and the power light cameon for about 3 sec. went off and the battery chargiing light cameon for about 1 sec. then shut off.

my worst fear is comiong true i think so i remove the batter and leave the power cable plugged in - the power light came on for about 3 seconds and thats it

so i unplug it and hit the power button a few times, pull the hard drive and let it sit for about 10 minutes, put it back together and ,, yup,. the same thing happens.

if i put my ear right onthe back of it i can hear a faint high pitched squeel like a tiny electrical device (maybe the hard drive motor?)

so here i sit,,, about ready to cry my eyes out cuz my lappy is my main rig, its what i use daily.

the warranty ended in Dec and i couldnt afford to buy another year of warranty for $150 bucks or close to it.
In Sept or Oct the motherboard and video card were replaced.

so i call in and they want to charge me $50 just to have some c0cklicker who doesnt know a damn thing about computers read from a script and tell me what i already know and then probably charge me ano0ther $400 for a motherboard cuz its probably fried.

the operator who told me it would cost me $50 to talk to this retard said that i had NO WARRANTY even though the mobo and video card were just replaced 4 months ago,,,,

so is that crap right if Dell replaces a part they dont warranty those individual parts for how ever long, you only get thewarranty that is left on the entire system ? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am very very VERYupset right now as i now have absolutely nothing,, only the wife's computer...

is dell gunna completely fvck me on this or is there someone i need to call to get something done
cripes i'm still paying on the damn thing too

Lestat
02-17-2009, 06:23 PM
ok well i finally found warranty renewal options so it looks like for $100 i can buy another year, and thats worth it or for $49 i can reinstate it.

now to me reinstate means that i can reinstate my warranty for $49 and maybe get another year?

has anyone ever done this? or know for sure what it means?

i am on hold, for 20 minutes not, trying to get an answer to what that means but knowing dell you guys will answer faster than those buttheads do.

**edit**
i just realized that the $49 is exactly what the dingbat on the phone said it would cost me to even TALK to tech support. but she did not say they would fix it for $49 ....
i might as well spend the $100 and get another year while i have the chance...

Lestat
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
ok so i like to think i am smarter than the average bear and a little adventurous so i took the battery out held the power button in and plugged in the power cord.
it automatically went into a system diagnostic and i let it run for a minute and then exited and am now in windows,,,

damn thing gave me a heart attack. video drivers were jacked up so i had to uninstall and reinstall them but its back running again.