PDA

View Full Version : Emulators...

GuS
11-01-2003, 11:24 PM
I would love to start playing some older games from PSX and N64 and older, but I can't find any sites that have working emulators. Can anyone tell me where I can find any, and if they have roms to use as well..thanks.

TheDude
11-02-2003, 01:19 AM
YHPM ;)

2fast4u-JR
11-05-2003, 08:04 PM
What is YPHM? I have been looking for some new emulators for dreamcast and i noticed that they have been cracking down and are much harder to find than they used to be.

2fast4u
11-05-2003, 08:07 PM
"You have private message"...Ooooh, you have so much to learn my son! You have ten posts, now pick an avatar and try to make ol' dad proud. hehehehehe!

2fast4u-JR
11-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Until i get an image program off aaron, i can't make my own avatar.

:mad:

Smizack
12-02-2003, 09:07 PM
http://web.utanet.at/nkehrer/ONE_Play.html :D

Northwood
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Just like to point something out before the mods close down this thread...

The Distribution of ROMS is totally legal, but they may only be used for 24hrs if you do not own an original copy of the material.
If however you do own an original copy, you have nothing to worry about.

Download at your own risk...

:)

clayton
05-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Try
http://www.ngemu.com
________
Arizona dispensary (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

craig588
05-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Just like to point something out before the mods close down this thread...

The Distribution of ROMS is totally legal, but they may only be used for 24hrs if you do not own an original copy of the material.
If however you do own an original copy, you have nothing to worry about.

Download at your own risk...

:)
That is entirely wrong. The downloading or dumping of roms is illegal because you own a license for the game in cartrage form, you do not own it in a raw data rom format. That is as logical as saying if you have a PS2 version of a game it is legal to download a computer port of it.

The 24 hour rule is made up, there is no such thing. Roms are as illegal as anything else that you download without a propor license. You can't keep anything for 24 hours and then it will become illegal, it is always illegal.

Emulators are perfectly legal though. Bios images that are required in some cases are not 99% of the time. (You actually are allowed to dump certian consoles bioses on your own, but you are never allowed to download them)

shadowing
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
That is entirely wrong. The downloading or dumping of roms is illegal because you own a license for the game in cartrage form, you do not own it in a raw data rom format. That is as logical as saying if you have a PS2 version of a game it is legal to download a computer port of it.

The 24 hour rule is made up, there is no such thing. Roms are as illegal as anything else that you download without a propor license. You can't keep anything for 24 hours and then it will become illegal, it is always illegal.

Emulators are perfectly legal though. Bios images that are required in some cases are not 99% of the time. (You actually are allowed to dump certian consoles bioses on your own, but you are never allowed to download them)

That is the total truth. I mean look at it. Holding a 8tape version of Bach doesn't entitle you to hold a cd version of Bach. You have to have a license just to legally own a ROM.