PDA

View Full Version : Vid Card & Sound Card are sharing IRQ's

cowpuppy
10-31-2003, 10:39 PM
Ok I was taking a look at my IRQ's and noticed that my Vid Card & Sound Card are sharing IRQ's. I dont belive this is a good thing. They both are sharing IRQ 19. I have many open IRQ's 2,3,,5,6,7,10,11,12,17 all are open. There is 22 listed.
I have almost everything turned off in the bios, and dissabled some stuff in my device manager and then rebooted hopping windows would realocate the sound card to anouther IRQ but it stays the same IRQ 19. APIC is enabled in the bios and windows XP was installed that way.
Is there a way to manually set the IRQ? I havnt tried changing PCI slots on the SC. Oh and that reminds me the SC is in the 4th slot down away from the VC and there is a modem in the 3rd and my Promise Raid controller in the 5th pci slot.
Did Sound Blaster Audigy build the card to run on IRQ 19 only?
Any help would be apriciated

Waddy
11-18-2003, 09:24 AM
My Audigy is on IRQ 21, Raid controller on 23.

On my Mobo, I have the Audigy in Slot 5, as 3 shares with onboard Raid, 4 shares with onboard lan.

Grab your MOBO maual and see which PCI slots are shared.

If you have plenty of IRQ's free, remove the card, boot. Pop it back in to a free slot, and it should pick a spare IRQ. I think it is just a matter of trying different slots until it gets its own IRQ.

I have all onboard stuff disabled except raid and Lan.

hope that sorta helps you