PDA

View Full Version : vsense 3.3v

kromosto
10-31-2003, 01:12 AM
i catn give more than 3.46 with vsense mod what am i doing wrong i used pilsy's guide to do it but after 3.46 psu stops working

Oc2theSkY
10-31-2003, 05:21 AM
PSU probably can't handle more than that. It most likely has overvolt protection that is shutting it off.

xDUCK
10-31-2003, 10:49 AM
You can adjust the overvolt protection on most PSU's if you open it them up. There are likely three pots inside to designate a max voltage for each rail.

My Antec 430w can do 4.2v on the 3.3v rail.:eek: :wierd:

asw7576
10-31-2003, 12:18 PM
XDuck...

After the voltage mod, I experience good and bad things..... I don't know why my mobo cannot power up. It remains dead even after bios reset.

I check the ATX connector with the voltmeter, the voltage reading are: 12.51V, 5.21V, 3.59V. This voltage is okay with my other computer at home, but my office's computer is just total screw up:slobber:

I turn on the PSU without mobo connected, and the PSU is working okay. The casing fans are working okay.

I replaced the mobo with new one, and it still doesn't power up. The LED green light is ON, so it means there are voltage, but why it doesn't turn on?

xDUCK
10-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by asw7576
XDuck...

After the voltage mod, I experience good and bad things..... I don't know why my mobo cannot power up. It remains dead even after bios reset.

I check the ATX connector with the voltmeter, the voltage reading are: 12.51V, 5.21V, 3.59V. This voltage is okay with my other computer at home, but my office's computer is just total screw up:slobber:

I turn on the PSU without mobo connected, and the PSU is working okay. The casing fans are working okay.

I replaced the mobo with new one, and it still doesn't power up. The LED green light is ON, so it means there are voltage, but why it doesn't turn on?

It's probably more voltage than your board can handle (especially the 3.3v rail).

asw7576
11-01-2003, 11:00 AM
" I replaced the mobo with new one, and it still doesn't power up. The LED green light is ON, so it means there are voltage, but why it doesn't turn on? "

oops.... my mistake. I use wrong pin on Power On:D

Vlad Draculea
11-03-2003, 05:18 AM
i had the same problem with my 350w enermax, and got arround it, it is quite simple, you hace to open the psu and hey SPAM SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMvv

kromosto
11-04-2003, 02:36 PM
thanks all and vlad i will gonna try that :)

Vlad Draculea
11-05-2003, 07:30 AM
ok, if you want to go higher you can put more si diodes in the place you find more pleasurable.

sadcat
11-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Where can I find pilsy's mod. I remember reading it , but i can't find it now. Thanks!

PiLsY
11-19-2003, 03:21 AM
Try here (http://www.bleedinedge.com/guides/psu_3.3v_mod/psu_3.3v_mod_pg1.html) :).

Regarding how much you can put out of your 3.3v line - it does depend on the specific OVP setting of the PSU youre modding. As a general indicator the figures quoted in my guide are correct, but obviously it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Cheaper or lower capacity (350 or less) PSUs will have a lower tolerance to voltage increase, and more expensive / higher power PSUs will generally have more (500watt plus).

Every mod is always a degree of experimentation by the user, as no 2 pieces of hardware ever react quite the same. Always trust what youre seeing over what is written on a web page - guides like the one I have done are intended to be generic, and thus are not 100% accurate for any specific psu, but are 90% accurate for every psu. Exact values you will need to tweak to suit your own exquipment. To get the mod on and working then follow the guide :).

PiLsY.

kromosto
11-22-2003, 01:29 AM
thanks all :)