PDA

View Full Version : E7200 "lifesaver" decision to make..

Ket
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok, I'll try to keep things short an sweet. Basically, I feel ripped off by my E7200. I wasn't expecting to be crashing through any 4.2GHz barriers and was aware that 4GHz may even of required a healthy voltage bump, but this POS E7200 won't even do 3.75GHz stable @ 1.45v :mad:

A little about the chip:

MO SLAPC
VID: 1.15v - 1.225v
No batch number.. forgot to write it down before lapping the IHS

So here is what my decision has come down to.. after trying absolutely everything possible to get this chip going @ 3.75GHz under 1.4v and the chip having none of it.. is it worth switching my beloved P5Q Pro for the TPower? This would have some advantages, main one being I could mess with the TPower BIOS properly and see if its possible to mod it to any decent extent.

I'm thinking maybe theres something about this E7200 that makes it not play nice with my P5Q Pro, which is a shame I like this board dammit..

Your thoughts?

Retro
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok, I'll try to keep things short an sweet. Basically, I feel ripped off by my E7200. I wasn't expecting to be crashing through any 4.2GHz barriers and was aware that 4GHz may even of required a healthy voltage bump, but this POS E7200 won't even do 3.75GHz stable @ 1.45v :mad:

A little about the chip:

MO SLAPC
VID: 1.15v - 1.225v
No batch number.. forgot to write it down before lapping the IHS

So here is what my decision has come down to.. after trying absolutely everything possible to get this chip going @ 3.75GHz under 1.4v and the chip having none of it.. is it worth switching my beloved P5Q Pro for the TPower? This would have some advantages, main one being I could mess with the TPower BIOS properly and see if its possible to mod it to any decent extent.

I'm thinking maybe theres something about this E7200 that makes it not play nice with my P5Q Pro, which is a shame I like this board dammit..

Your thoughts?
How about instead of switching the mobo, switch out the processor to something like, say, a nice E8400 EO:)

Leeghoofd
02-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Sell the CPU ket and get an RO batch, they rock !

ownage
02-09-2009, 12:34 AM
About the same as two e7200 I had. Both max 4.5ghz on water, but orthos stable required so much voltage compared to max suicide shot.
I believe I primed at about 3.6ghz 1.4+v on both chips.