PDA

View Full Version : idea for a chiller.....will it work?

sandman
10-30-2003, 05:01 PM
my basic thought is to take like a few like 40 watt pelts, so you can cool them with heatsinks. Have a like res that is just a big PVC pipe, like 2 inches in diameter, and cut holes sin the side.

Then, put some heatsinks on the cold side of the pelt too, and have the cold side heatsinks sticking into the water. So, the pelt has heatsinks on both sides, but the cold side is in the water, and hopefully cooling the water. Then, just cool the other side with like stock Athlon coolers or something cheap like that.

Think it would work?

Also how many 40 watt pelts would it take? like 5?

Also, where could I buy pelts in the 60-40watt range?

chris4521
10-30-2003, 06:55 PM
i think that would work.
i heard saaya (i think) once say that he had an idea of making a square res with one side of copper plate, and a couple tecs on the copper plate with heatsinks on them.

if you go ahead with it, keep us updated with results!
i'd really be interested in doing something like that for myself.

Oc2theSkY
10-31-2003, 05:46 AM
Check these out. Basicly same idea.

www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16778

www.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68599

Just so you know this is the same unit. Neb sold it to sin, and he rebuilt it.

Jabo
10-31-2003, 07:51 AM
To get it really working you'd need more than one 226watt element chilling your water but to cool them is another story (separate watercooling loop just to cool TECs cooling your water cooling your system? - WOW! taht's a proper multistage!!!.
These small elemnts don't have enough heat pumping capacity to cool it any more.... power sucked by 2x226wat elements is the same as your current setup - coolng them is a pain in the proverbial.

Btw. great setup and nice folding farm ;) :)

Keep your silicone frozen Dude !:)