PDA

View Full Version : Toe surgery... :\

sysfailur
08-03-2002, 10:26 PM
I had surgery on my two big toes on Friday. Been loafing around watching DVDs and TV Friday/Saturday. Watched season 1 and 2 of The Sopranos on DVD that I rented. This series is fooking amazing. I will deff. be watching it when it starts up on HBO.

So anywho, if anyone noticed my lack of posts past 2 days, that would be why. And if you're wondering what happened, I had two really fooked up nails on both my big toes in both the spots. I think my shoes were causing it. So anyway, they were temporarily fixed a while ago, and now they were fixed permanently by killing the growth plate by burning it with some chemicals after cutting the nail away. More painful than the last fix... had to have frikking 8 needles stuck in my toes, 4 in each. And it's not just a little :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. It's a JAB INTO YOUR TOE BONE AND THEN SQUIRT COLD NOCACAINE IN :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :P In other words, it hurt.

Now they're just kinda pulsating and I have to keep em up. So that's that. Interesting right? No. Probably 2 people in here care.

dmitriyaz
08-03-2002, 11:31 PM
hehe...
that is some wacked s**t sys,
i had kinda the same thing, but probably not as bad. but after that one time when them docs gave me the wrong amount of anastesia and knocked me off my ass for 36 hours, i dont trust them much. so i performed the surgery on myself. i needed to cut my nail out, partially. i took a nail clipper, a scalpel, and a bunch of kleenex tissues. (turned out i didn't need really them). i got in a tub and started: i think i lost like a gallon of blood right there. eh well, when i finished i soaked the whole thing in alcohol, so no gangrene as of yet.
hey, beats dealing with the *********ed doctors :banana:
oops, was that inappropriate?

*Edited by JBELL - come on man use some sense in your words!

Smizack
08-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Go easy on the language guys.

dmitriyaz
08-03-2002, 11:43 PM
sorry, oh the great boomslang mouse WHORE! :D :stick:

Smizack
08-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
sorry, oh the great boomslang mouse WHORE! :D :stick:

What's wrong with that?

dmitriyaz
08-04-2002, 12:09 AM
nothing.
are you getting mad?
please don't. :)

Smizack
08-04-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
nothing.
are you getting mad?
please don't. :)

Not at all. ;)

dmitriyaz
08-04-2002, 12:26 AM
hehe... with the smiley it looks MUCH better ;)

Leo
08-04-2002, 04:18 AM
Heh sys I feel your pain. I've had ingrown nails on both sides of both toenails also =D (twice on my right big toe). In fact, my third (and hopefully final) surgery was only a few weeks ago, what a coincidence :p. I also just had them kill off the root area of the nail on the side of my toe.

That first shot hurts like all hell, I know :). So...who wants pics?

calantak
08-04-2002, 08:02 AM
they should use thinner needles on the anesthesy... I always use insuline needles and it hurts way less, according to the patients.

and the fact that their novocaïne or lidocaïne was cold is simply scandalous, there's no need whatsoever for it to be cold, it hurts tenfold when the injecting fluid is cold! they should get it out of the fridge a half hour earlier or sth...
I always warm it in my hand before starting... the sting still hurts but it's way less... they have to anesthesize the damn nerve, nut scrape your bone! :)

sysfailur
08-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
Go easy on the language guys.

Wasn't feeling good last night, fixed.

sysfailur
08-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Leo
Heh sys I feel your pain. I've had ingrown nails on both sides of both toenails also =D (twice on my right big toe). In fact, my third (and hopefully final) surgery was only a few weeks ago, what a coincidence :p. I also just had them kill off the root area of the nail on the side of my toe.

That first shot hurts like all hell, I know :). So...who wants pics?

I hope no one wants pics, they're nasty.

dmitriyaz
08-04-2002, 11:34 AM
you took pics?
ew sys, your nasty! :stick:

Smizack
08-04-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by sysfailur

I hope no one wants pics, they're nasty.

Sweet! You should have written stileproject on them and sent them in. My bro was gonna do that when he got his toenail removed. But he's was to slow about it.

Leo
08-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Heh I always thought my toe before the surgery was more gross. After the surgery there's just a lot of swelling and caked blood on the toe dressing heh. Better than blood, pus and weird skin growths ;).

sysfailur
08-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Leo
Heh I always thought my toe before the surgery was more gross. After the surgery there's just a lot of swelling and caked blood on the toe dressing heh. Better than blood, pus and weird skin growths ;).

Well actually it's really bloody/:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:. Not bleeding, just nasty looking. All the raw tissue under the nail is exposed and needs to heal.

And no I didn't take pics, but I'm saying they look sick, so I wouldn't take pics :P

sysfailur
08-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Little update, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning for a check up on the toes. They feel fine now and aren't pussing. :)

Wee! (gonads and strife)